Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let’s rewind for a mo….. 17:42 - Dec 16 with 884 viewsblueysbackside

Before the Cook appointment. And let’s just say this McKenna bloke was available - who would you have gone for? Strange how things work out, innit. Huge gamble, let’s get behind the new man whoever it is.
Let’s rewind for a mo….. on 17:55 - Dec 16 with 777 viewsbazza

It’s the age old case of, if only I knew then what I know now.. you’d 100% take McKenna
Let’s rewind for a mo….. on 17:58 - Dec 16 with 752 viewsEwan_Oozami

I get the feeling that a long game has been played here by Ashton and O'Leary.....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Let’s rewind for a mo….. on 18:56 - Dec 16 with 646 viewsSteve_M

Let’s rewind for a mo….. on 17:58 - Dec 16 by Ewan_Oozami

I get the feeling that a long game has been played here by Ashton and O'Leary.....

In that they gave Cook enough rope? Quite possibly, the thought crossed my mind in the Summer.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Let’s rewind for a mo….. on 18:57 - Dec 16 with 628 viewsDanTheMan

Probably Cook, there was nothing to suggest it wouldn't work out here. Shame it didn't but that's just how things are.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Let’s rewind for a mo….. on 19:00 - Dec 16 with 603 viewschrismakin

I think cook took away most people's confidence in someone coming in with a successful past. Like it became non important.

It either had to be someone in work or like this. Someone young making their step up.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Let’s rewind for a mo….. on 19:01 - Dec 16 with 574 viewsSwansea_Blue

Maybe. Whatever their thinking, I really hope we can all not get hung up on this season and have some patience with these guys. This season’s gone. We need to be looking at signs of improvement with a view to mounting a challenge next season imo (hopefully).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Let’s rewind for a mo….. on 19:07 - Dec 16 with 537 viewsPinewoodblue

McKenna will presumably be head coach. When Cook was appointed we needed a Managet as we were short of the support needed to appoint a Head Coach.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Let’s rewind for a mo….. on 19:08 - Dec 16 with 526 viewsNthsuffolkblue

There is no way you would appoint Cook after the failure he made of his last job.

EDIT: That's assuming that although the rewind in time, you do not ignore Cook's record at this moment in time. Otherwise you could do this for every manager that had some degree of success at some point. It was heavily rumoured that the current owners would have appointed Appleton but his stock has gone down significantly this season.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2021 19:11]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Let’s rewind for a mo….. on 19:17 - Dec 16 with 468 viewsEwan_Oozami

Let’s rewind for a mo….. on 18:56 - Dec 16 by Steve_M

In that they gave Cook enough rope? Quite possibly, the thought crossed my mind in the Summer.

I think when they knew Richardson wasn't coming with him that it was just going to be a matter of time, especially when they sanctioned the coaches that Cook wanted - just meant we had to go through a few months of pain before they could enact their strategy.

And even if Cook had been successful, then they would have sold a Championship project to McKenna and Cook would have been gone anyway...the only risk was that McKenna would find a management job beforehand, but I suspect that would have been covered as well.

All very easy to say with hindsight, but sometimes it is the case that the best strategies aren't always immediately apparent....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Let’s rewind for a mo….. on 19:25 - Dec 16 with 418 viewsLord_Lucan

I sort of agree mostly. Cook was not their man and even if he had been a success he would still not have been "Their" man.

They had no choice but to make all the positive noises but Ashton and O'Leary want their stamp on it from top to bottom. They would have almost definitely been weighing up this scenario since day one.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024