Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In the cold light of day, I was wrong... 13:54 - Dec 6 with 541 viewsFBI

...about PC.

Keep the faith, I thought. Hang on in there.

But, over the past week, in the light of recent results and performances, I was starting to think the unthinkable and accept that he had to go. Then the board moved and fired him.

He'll go on to do well somewhere, is a decent man and it simply didn't happen for him here: sometimes it doesn't and that's true in all jobs.

So, to all the people I downvoted in the last couple of weeks, muttering about you being bellends, I'm sorry.

Unless you were actually behaving like bellends, of course.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2021 13:55]

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

In the cold light of day, I was wrong... on 14:04 - Dec 6 with 462 viewsITFC_Esquire

Refreshing honesty for a forum!

I would say I was in a similar camp to yourself. If only cook could have swallowed his pride and got in a proper defensive coach we could have been some force. Oh well, he made a rod for his own back on that front I suppose.

I would have felt a lot worse about his dismissal had he not made some questionable comments in recent weeks, including questioning the expectations of the fans who continued to clap him out every week despite performances that led to his sacking.

I just pray we get this next appointment right, non of the current motley crew available get my balls tingling.... perhaps a young ambitious manager from a foreign league or somene already in a job though.

COYB

Poll: What’s your ‘Away Priority Points Balance’?

In the cold light of day, I was wrong... on 14:23 - Dec 6 with 393 viewsunstableblue

I think for me Cook gave the fans 3 of the most enjoyable games for years and years.. those at Pompey away (albeit the first half was bit ropey), Wycombe away will know what I mean. Doncaster at home was also a joy.

In between we had numerous 20-30-40 min spells of also excellent football, that showed what a Cook team could do.

But the Rotherham home game was a sobering experience. And we've looked second best technically and tactically on too many occasions this season. We didn't kick on after Wycombe - despite a strong display at Sunderland - we didn't create enough chances to make up for Celina's misses. And for me the players have looked bereft of confidence and belief since Sunderland away.

I just wonder where we would be in the table, and where Cooks' project would be if Evans, Wolfenden (and others such as Penney) had not gifted away what 4-10 points... that were moments of just basic player technique and drive? could confidence have built.

My summary of Cook is that his system and ethos demands, 7+ performances week in week out, and the technical/tactical set-up is not there for players to fall back on when not firing. I do think town players look particularly scared at home.. and are almost in fear of the North Stand.

I do think the pressure had also got to Cook and he was beginning to unravel a bit in the media. His interviews in general have been a breath of fresh air.

Knowing people in Wigan Supporters club, they have waxed lyrical about his as a person, manager and above all else a football person - who lives and breathes the game.

Barrow was a display where I probably moved onto the fence with Cook. But I still see him as a good guy, who at times had us playing the way we ALL want to see.. and have wanted since Jim Magilton... but it just did not work out for him

Good luck to Cook, who will succeed at a club with the right chemistry and mind set. We throw the dice again, we rely on Ashton as hope Bristol City are wrong... and we hope to get someone in better who can work in the new structure

Certainly from discussions on the board that it seem that Probert is a key figure in our set-up alongside Rolls... to make the future work....

And yet despite updates to reflect McGreal.. Probert remains nowhere to be seen

https://www.itfc.co.uk/club/whos-who/

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

In the cold light of day, I was wrong... on 14:23 - Dec 6 with 392 viewsEdwardStone

Fair play for admitting it

I had doubts from the very start..... his abject showing last season rung every single alarm bell for me
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024