Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scott Fraser 09:41 - Nov 24 with 703 viewsMeenoITFC

Starting Fraser on the left is just laughable. I do not normally dislike our own players however every time I watch him, he angers me just that little bit more.

Poll: Is Jonny Williams worth signing

Scott Fraser on 09:43 - Nov 24 with 665 viewsitfcserbia

Here, I'll copy/paste part of it...
The formation Cook is forcing works as a pentagon with double sixes (Evans-Morsy) at the base and a forward (Bonne) at the tip of the shape. So a no.10 should be at the center of that pentagon shape working triangles to open space and dictate play but Cook somehow insists his no.10 plays off the main striker. So you keep pulling up your sixes into an overcrowded midfield and consequently reducing space on the wings for your backs and outside players who don't cut inside.

Fraser is the best slot in that no.10 for this system but Cook keeps playing his slowest runner/best passer outside. So who is to dislike?

Semper fidelis!
Poll: Would you sack Paul Cook?

Scott Fraser on 09:47 - Nov 24 with 645 viewsMeenoITFC

Scott Fraser on 09:43 - Nov 24 by itfcserbia

Here, I'll copy/paste part of it...
The formation Cook is forcing works as a pentagon with double sixes (Evans-Morsy) at the base and a forward (Bonne) at the tip of the shape. So a no.10 should be at the center of that pentagon shape working triangles to open space and dictate play but Cook somehow insists his no.10 plays off the main striker. So you keep pulling up your sixes into an overcrowded midfield and consequently reducing space on the wings for your backs and outside players who don't cut inside.

Fraser is the best slot in that no.10 for this system but Cook keeps playing his slowest runner/best passer outside. So who is to dislike?

So you're saying Fraser is nailed on for the number 10 over Chaplin?

No chance. The guy is a fraud.

Poll: Is Jonny Williams worth signing

Scott Fraser on 09:51 - Nov 24 with 612 viewsBlueBlood90

He's being criminally used miles away from his best position.

He's a number 8 (centre midfielder) being asked to play left wing purely because he's left footed. It's a joke!

Lee Evans deserves to be dropped and lets see how Fraser gets on in his correct position.

Poll: How many points will we get from Coventry and Huddersfield?

Scott Fraser on 09:54 - Nov 24 with 585 viewsStokieBlue

Scott Fraser on 09:51 - Nov 24 by BlueBlood90

He's a number 8 (centre midfielder) being asked to play left wing purely because he's left footed. It's a joke!

Lee Evans deserves to be dropped and lets see how Fraser gets on in his correct position.

He wasn't very good in CM yesterday though.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Scott Fraser on 09:57 - Nov 24 with 563 viewsWickets

For me starting Fraser and Celina as wide players with no wing backs is laughable to me , i dont dislike Donacien or Clements but neither give much going forward .
Scott Fraser on 09:57 - Nov 24 with 562 viewsitfcserbia

Scott Fraser on 09:47 - Nov 24 by MeenoITFC

So you're saying Fraser is nailed on for the number 10 over Chaplin?

No chance. The guy is a fraud.

No, I am not saying that. I am saying in this formation that's what a no.10 would be best used as. In Cook's lump it up system - Chaplin works better as a no.10 because he feeds off Bonne and collects scraps.

Semper fidelis!
Poll: Would you sack Paul Cook?

Scott Fraser on 09:59 - Nov 24 with 527 viewsLeoMuff

Scott Fraser on 09:54 - Nov 24 by StokieBlue

He wasn't very good in CM yesterday though.

SB

Not sure 4231 works for him at all no idea where he fits. I would like to see him in a 532 and I think we have other players who would fit well, not likely to happen though.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Scott Fraser on 10:07 - Nov 24 with 492 viewsbilllm

100% agree,
Login to get fewer ads

Scott Fraser on 10:08 - Nov 24 with 481 viewsWeekender

He doesn't play as a winger in the traditional sense but he isn't playing the role he has played so well previously either.

There are different types of central midfielders. Fraser is (as he admits) more of what you might say is an attacking #8. He played there for MK as part of a 433 I understand. Cook's system doesn't have have this role. We have two holding midfielders (Morsey/Evens) and 3 attacking midfielders with the wider two that tuck in while width is provided by fullbacks. None of these roles are what Fraser played so well at MK. Begs the question why did we buy him perhaps.

If you look at his Heat maps for MK he spent a lot of time drifting out to the left so playing him as a tucked in left sided attacker does have some logic. I think the problem is that we haven't sorted a left back to provided the width. Coulson would probably make a big difference if he could stay fit.

I actually think the Christmas tree formation would suit out squad well but we all know PC wont be changing.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 10:09]

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024