Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TWTD hive mind… if I take an iPad with iFollow already installed abroad 09:07 - Oct 21 with 1007 viewsunstableblue

Would I now able to buy a video pass to Plymouth on the iPad browser, and view the game on the app?

I.e. if the browser and app see a foreign location they will allow purchase, straight away. Or do you need a new account, install of app

Any help welcome

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

TWTD hive mind… if I take an iPad with iFollow already installed abroad on 09:29 - Oct 21 with 963 viewsMatt_Netherlands

I used the browser version a few weeks ago on a Saturday and worked absolutely fine - they see location based on IP Address
TWTD hive mind… if I take an iPad with iFollow already installed abroad on 09:31 - Oct 21 with 953 viewsDJR

My understanding is that it is being abroad that matters, so you won't need a new account etc. I assume part of the rationale for games not being available in the UK is that it stops people from watching rather than going to games. But if you are abroad and purchase a game, there is clearly no possibility of you getting to the game.
TWTD hive mind… if I take an iPad with iFollow already installed abroad on 09:44 - Oct 21 with 905 viewsabracaDOBRA_

yep will recognise your IP address as being abroad so will work fine
Many thanks everyone... Plymouth, Sun, Cocktail... yay (n/t) on 10:04 - Oct 21 with 889 viewsunstableblue

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

TWTD hive mind… if I take an iPad with iFollow already installed abroad on 15:12 - Oct 21 with 751 viewsSouperJim

TWTD hive mind… if I take an iPad with iFollow already installed abroad on 09:29 - Oct 21 by Matt_Netherlands

I used the browser version a few weeks ago on a Saturday and worked absolutely fine - they see location based on IP Address

Same principle as if you access the service via a VPN for example, you appear to be overseas.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

TWTD hive mind… if I take an iPad with iFollow already installed abroad on 18:50 - Oct 21 with 642 viewsmoscow2000

I went to Ibiza and tried to watch the game but I wasn’t allowed even though they took my £10
This was the reply by email when I got in touch with I followThank you for contacting iFollow Support.

The Video Match Pass is subject to regional broadcasting restrictions and can only be accessed from specific regions. The Video Match Pass you purchased could be watched from the region of Spain but was restricted in the UK.

Having reviewed your activity history, I can see that you have recently used an IP address based in Spain and another based in the UK. If you had bought the pass whilst based in Spain then you would need to make sure that you watch the content using an IP address that is based in Spain, and not the UK.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,

Alan
iFollow Support
TWTD hive mind… if I take an iPad with iFollow already installed abroad on 19:16 - Oct 21 with 609 viewsbournemouthblue

TWTD hive mind… if I take an iPad with iFollow already installed abroad on 18:50 - Oct 21 by moscow2000

I went to Ibiza and tried to watch the game but I wasn’t allowed even though they took my £10
This was the reply by email when I got in touch with I followThank you for contacting iFollow Support.

The Video Match Pass is subject to regional broadcasting restrictions and can only be accessed from specific regions. The Video Match Pass you purchased could be watched from the region of Spain but was restricted in the UK.

Having reviewed your activity history, I can see that you have recently used an IP address based in Spain and another based in the UK. If you had bought the pass whilst based in Spain then you would need to make sure that you watch the content using an IP address that is based in Spain, and not the UK.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,

Alan
iFollow Support

Well that's a patronising reply, did you raise it further with them?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

TWTD hive mind… if I take an iPad with iFollow already installed abroad on 20:09 - Oct 21 with 567 viewsmoscow2000

TWTD hive mind… if I take an iPad with iFollow already installed abroad on 19:16 - Oct 21 by bournemouthblue

Well that's a patronising reply, did you raise it further with them?

No I couldn’t be bothered but thought their reply might be useful if anyone else wanted to know.
I’ve wasted loads of money on Ipswich Town over the years so another £10 didn’t really mater.
Here’s to a better era for all us supporters 👍
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024