Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Monday reflection 09:47 - Sep 27 with 489 viewsdirtyboy

Turning up at Portman Road and seeing 20k+ in the stadium really is a wonderful feeling isn't it?

Given our start, it's great to see that everyone is showing the patience needed to turn up and support the new regime, no matter the vocality of those less than pleased (none of us are happy where we are) we're obvioulsy all still got fingers and toes crossed the turnaround will come.

Saturday was a strange one, whilst the scoreline hurt at the end, I couldn't help thinking that I walked away from the game entertained.

I enjoyed being there, I enjoyed watching us, I thought Penney was decent and Carroll showed plenty of times how good he was prospect of having Morsy (if he's as good as we all hope he is) alongside that type of player too really does mean we could see an incredible pairing in the middle.

El Miz did well enough, no issue with him, but you'd fully expect Morsy to have a bit more to offer.

The front group, in whatever guise, is where we excel, I liked Fraser, but he was in and out of the game, similarly with Celina, Burns continues to impress, he's probably the most consistent performer so far.

Whether Fraser holds that left side when Edwards returns I don't know, but the fact that we have those kinds of problems, Piggott/Bonne, Penney/Coulson, Chaplin/Celina/Fraser - Harper? really does show that we are well placed going forward.

Our two centre halves are no nonsense, they're strong and relatively mobile and I'm confident the more those two play together, the better they'll get. Neither are amazing on the ball, but with someone like Carroll in front, they don't need to be.

Wednesday had (I think) the best defence and we caused them plenty of issues and I geuinely believe we should and could have won that without Wednesday having too much to complain about.

Mick Mills comments on the drive home left a bit of a sour taste, we weren't brilliant, but we we decent and whilst I often agree with him on many things, if not his delivery of saying them, on this one, I didn't.

Much to still look forward to.

As I said, I thoroughly enjoyed watching that game, even when we were 1-0 down.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024