Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That's it I'm done 16:12 - Sep 11 with 4563 viewsN2_Blue

I've lost my support for Cook.

I'm not going full on vocal Cook out, but I'd be happy if the club are now considering a change.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

That's it I'm done on 16:51 - Sep 11 with 1102 viewsN2_Blue

That's it I'm done on 16:47 - Sep 11 by MerseyBlue

I agree about Richardson, I wonder if the club might make an AM appointment rather than pull the trigger. Probably not as if they then sack Cook in a few weeks time then they may have another man to pay off.

I agree that things need to improve in a huge way very soon, but I think there is a lot of overreaction for what is looking like a pretty humbling defeat. The pressure is undoubtedly rising but he has until at least the end of the month. Worth remembering that we will still have 40 games left after today and whilst it means we have less room for error going forward, it's still not the death sentence it being made out to be.

Cook was never my preference as replacement for Lambert but I still believe he deserves a chance to turn things around for a few weeks yet.

But you can't make an assistant manager appoitment for the manager. That's basically underming him. You just may as well sack the manager and get a new team in.

They could tell Cook he needs to bring someone in, but its need to be Cook's choice or it doesn't work

That's it I'm done on 16:54 - Sep 11 with 1084 viewstimothyeo

That's it I'm done on 16:13 - Sep 11 by chrismakin

Agree.

Are you serious? After all the stick you gave me only about a week ago about me not thinking Cook has done a good job so far?

One bad result since and you're happy for him to go?

Absolute joke of a poster / football fan / person
That's it I'm done on 16:55 - Sep 11 with 1080 viewsBlueBadger

That's it I'm done on 16:16 - Sep 11 by homer_123

What could Mick do with this lot¿

Mick wouldn't have needed to sign them, because he wouldn't have gotten us relegated and marooned in the third division...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

That's it I'm done on 16:56 - Sep 11 with 1048 viewschrismakin

That's it I'm done on 16:54 - Sep 11 by timothyeo

Are you serious? After all the stick you gave me only about a week ago about me not thinking Cook has done a good job so far?

One bad result since and you're happy for him to go?

Absolute joke of a poster / football fan / person

Actually it's a while since I last posted to you

And yes, im a realist, and always said to you there would be a point that i could agree with you, todays the day.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

That's it I'm done on 16:58 - Sep 11 with 1034 viewsBlueBadger

That's it I'm done on 16:20 - Sep 11 by N2_Blue

but that pretty much happened with hurst, the flukey win over Swansea.

We need a convicing win to show somthing has changed next game, not a lucky win because it bounced off someone's ass

Basically, we need BOTH.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

That's it I'm done on 16:59 - Sep 11 with 1021 viewsRyorry

That's it I'm done on 16:55 - Sep 11 by BlueBadger

Mick wouldn't have needed to sign them, because he wouldn't have gotten us relegated and marooned in the third division...

He left.
2.5 years & 3 managers ago

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

That's it I'm done on 16:59 - Sep 11 with 1017 viewsip6blue

My biggest concern is whether the players he’s brought in are actually that good. Managers come and go but some of these have up to 4 year contracts.
That's it I'm done on 16:59 - Sep 11 with 1010 viewstimothyeo

That's it I'm done on 16:56 - Sep 11 by chrismakin

Actually it's a while since I last posted to you

And yes, im a realist, and always said to you there would be a point that i could agree with you, todays the day.

You last posted to me after the last p*ss poor result under Cook. We've played ONE match since and you've gone full swing.

That shows the forum enough about your character not to take you remotely seriously, if anyone still did.
Login to get fewer ads

That's it I'm done on 17:00 - Sep 11 with 1002 viewsMerseyBlue

That's it I'm done on 16:51 - Sep 11 by N2_Blue

But you can't make an assistant manager appoitment for the manager. That's basically underming him. You just may as well sack the manager and get a new team in.

They could tell Cook he needs to bring someone in, but its need to be Cook's choice or it doesn't work

Cook is in a weak bargaining position though isn't he - the club have signed the players he wanted, and allowed him to forgo an AM. It isn't working at the moment so whether it undermines him or not, he's not in a position to say no.

As I say, probably won't do it but I think you've jumped the gun here. Terrible start to the season, terrible tactics on a few occasions so far, and a terrible result today but 6 games of 46 is not the end of the world, as bad as it might feel and as hard as it makes it.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

That's it I'm done on 17:04 - Sep 11 with 950 viewschrismakin

That's it I'm done on 16:59 - Sep 11 by timothyeo

You last posted to me after the last p*ss poor result under Cook. We've played ONE match since and you've gone full swing.

That shows the forum enough about your character not to take you remotely seriously, if anyone still did.

That's upto them, I've shown my thoughts on PC and the negatives I felt, I personally felt he needed time this season as I personally was basing everything on this season alone as I do with all managers. I've always said IF it didn't turn then there would be a time I would agree with you, unfortunately today's the day following 2 further weeks of training, pretty much 9 out of PC/s ideal starting 11 playing.

So enjoy it, you're right, im wrong, hands up like I always said I would.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

That's it I'm done on 17:06 - Sep 11 with 935 viewsN2_Blue

That's it I'm done on 17:00 - Sep 11 by MerseyBlue

Cook is in a weak bargaining position though isn't he - the club have signed the players he wanted, and allowed him to forgo an AM. It isn't working at the moment so whether it undermines him or not, he's not in a position to say no.

As I say, probably won't do it but I think you've jumped the gun here. Terrible start to the season, terrible tactics on a few occasions so far, and a terrible result today but 6 games of 46 is not the end of the world, as bad as it might feel and as hard as it makes it.

You could be right and I agree about the 6 games and I'm not normally kneejerk...but today was abysmal and we seem to be going backwards.

Theres not really any evidence this is going to get better currently.

That's it I'm done on 17:08 - Sep 11 with 913 viewsOriginalMarkyP

So. Wigan 2nd after another win.

Us 3rd bottom after another shambolic defeat.

Both teams with a big player turnover.

One managed by Paul Cook and the other managed by his assistant at every place he's had success.

If it looks like a duck. Walks like a duck. Sounds like a duck. It might just be that it's a duck.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

That's it I'm done on 17:09 - Sep 11 with 902 viewsKievthegreat

I was of the opinion that we needed to give him 5 or so games after the break. We could score, we just needed to tighten up, especially silly mistakes. Losing today wouldn't have been a deal breaker, but the manner of the defeat has shortened that.

I'd be on the phone if I was Ashton. Even if Cook survives in the short term (he almost certainly will), I'd be talking to potential candidates now.
That's it I'm done on 17:13 - Sep 11 with 864 viewsMerseyBlue

That's it I'm done on 17:06 - Sep 11 by N2_Blue

You could be right and I agree about the 6 games and I'm not normally kneejerk...but today was abysmal and we seem to be going backwards.

Theres not really any evidence this is going to get better currently.

I didn't see the game so can't comment on the performance, although the scoreline does the majority of the work on that anyway. Completely agree that things are not working as they are, and aside from being more of an attacking force (which we should be given the investment) there do seem to be some big problems defensively. I think part of the problem is that everybody wants out of this division and our expectations at the start of the season were probably as high as I can ever remember, so being winless and comfortably beatable has brought us back down with an almighty thud.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2021 17:13]

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

That's it I'm done on 17:13 - Sep 11 with 860 viewsOriginalMarkyP

That's it I'm done on 17:09 - Sep 11 by Kievthegreat

I was of the opinion that we needed to give him 5 or so games after the break. We could score, we just needed to tighten up, especially silly mistakes. Losing today wouldn't have been a deal breaker, but the manner of the defeat has shortened that.

I'd be on the phone if I was Ashton. Even if Cook survives in the short term (he almost certainly will), I'd be talking to potential candidates now.

I get the impression they already have been.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

That's it I'm done on 17:19 - Sep 11 with 802 viewsjontysnut

That's it I'm done on 16:16 - Sep 11 by homer_123

We'll probably stuff West Hams U21s and everyone will think we've turned a corner....

I think they'd struggle against West Ham under 12s
That's it I'm done on 17:21 - Sep 11 with 785 viewstimothyeo

That's it I'm done on 17:04 - Sep 11 by chrismakin

That's upto them, I've shown my thoughts on PC and the negatives I felt, I personally felt he needed time this season as I personally was basing everything on this season alone as I do with all managers. I've always said IF it didn't turn then there would be a time I would agree with you, unfortunately today's the day following 2 further weeks of training, pretty much 9 out of PC/s ideal starting 11 playing.

So enjoy it, you're right, im wrong, hands up like I always said I would.

Being right or wrong isn't important.

Being too pig headed to look at objective facts put in front of you is the problem.

Hopefully some posters will learn.
That's it I'm done on 17:30 - Sep 11 with 744 viewsmrshallisfit

That's it I'm done on 16:59 - Sep 11 by Ryorry

He left.
2.5 years & 3 managers ago

Yes. But it is worth reminding the mongs who booed him at Carrow Road that they are indeed mongs. Remind them every game if need be.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2021 17:31]
That's it I'm done on 17:32 - Sep 11 with 739 viewstimothyeo

That's it I'm done on 17:30 - Sep 11 by mrshallisfit

Yes. But it is worth reminding the mongs who booed him at Carrow Road that they are indeed mongs. Remind them every game if need be.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2021 17:31]

Yep and thank them for their genius football insight which at the time stated it could only get better, there isn't worse football than what we have now etc etc..

All of which proved incorrect in less than a year.
That's it I'm done on 18:23 - Sep 11 with 654 views3_5_2

That's it I'm done on 16:34 - Sep 11 by N2_Blue

I basically ignored last season, because i bought into te whole players had downed tools and they looked so bad i couldn't lay responsibility with PC.

But i was wrong.

His whole tenure he has been an utter disater and it looks like he is going to ruin the best new chance the club has had since Roy Keane!

I just wonder if his “if your not in, your out” attitude towards players works against him

I have no proof of this but I just can’t imagine players warming to him as he likes to portray a hard arse image

Also that coaching staff set up lacks experience for me

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024