Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For what it’s worth… 22:15 - Aug 21 with 1699 viewsBlueastheycome

I thought the crowd (lower north) were magnificent today. Letting out a bit of frustration at the end certainly with a few moronic boos but for the best part of 90mins it was very passionate and vocal.

Add on Edit: I think most sensible fans can see at least we are not hopeless as well as not winning. I’d be more worried if we didn’t have any excellent individual performers at all but we really do have some quality gamechangers in our team who absolutely look the part
[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 22:19]
For what it’s worth… on 22:16 - Aug 21 with 1685 viewsReuser_is_God

Shame about the rest of the ground

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Could barely hear them from Churchmans..... on 22:17 - Aug 21 with 1668 viewsBloots

....and there were long periods of total silence in the second half.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

For what it’s worth… on 22:21 - Aug 21 with 1660 views44_not_out

For what it’s worth… on 22:16 - Aug 21 by Reuser_is_God

Shame about the rest of the ground

It was good and it’s great being back.

But please can we have one group start the singing. At one point there were at least three different songs for Bonne being sung at the same time by different sections.
For what it’s worth… on 22:57 - Aug 21 with 1575 viewsBlue_Moses

I sit just to the left behind the goal in the lower North and would say only about 10-20% of people were singing, it's a far cry to how it used to be. The 4 blokes next to me (actually standing where my seat is) where decked out in town gear but barely made a sound.
For what it’s worth… on 10:11 - Aug 22 with 1284 views3_5_2

For what it’s worth… on 22:57 - Aug 21 by Blue_Moses

I sit just to the left behind the goal in the lower North and would say only about 10-20% of people were singing, it's a far cry to how it used to be. The 4 blokes next to me (actually standing where my seat is) where decked out in town gear but barely made a sound.

is that not their choice though?

Not everyone goes to football to sing etc, maybe to just watch the game, clap good play / goals etc

I sit roughly halfway between the North and South and have to say the South was very very quiet, even when there was a good noise being started

It kind of get going but never takes off around the rest of the ground

The noise for both our goals was excellent

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Could barely hear them from Churchmans..... on 10:15 - Aug 22 with 1271 viewsWD19

Could barely hear them from Churchmans..... on 22:17 - Aug 21 by Bloots

Magnificent is a stretch, but it was much better. Need to keep going for 90 minutes, whereas most looked like needed to be subbed off after 75 yesterday.
For what it’s worth… on 13:02 - Aug 22 with 1165 viewsTheSelkirk

Magnificent is stretching it in my opinion.

As has been said, there was a distinct drop in noise in the second half when it was clear that we were struggling a bit on the pitch. I also can't get my head around how singing anti-Delia songs (at 2-2) helps motivate the players but hey ho.

It seems that the SBRL in particular now includes some who are there purely because it is considered trendy. Four guys sitting next to me turned up 10 minutes after the game had started and went back down to the bar (I assume) 15 minutes before half time. During the odd 20 minutes they were actually in their seats they didn't sing once or even clap. Two of them spent the majority of the time looking at their 'phones.

The point that I'm making is that just being in the SBRL does not make you (or me) any more or less special than anyone else. We are not better or more loyal supporters than anyone else purely because of where we sit.
Could barely hear them from Churchmans..... on 13:17 - Aug 22 with 1141 viewsLankHenners

Could barely hear them from Churchmans..... on 22:17 - Aug 21 by Bloots

Atmosphere at the start of the 2nd half was absolutely dead and despite the roar of encouragement after the 2nd equaliser the whole ground descended into moaning and anticipating a mistake to whinge about for the last 15 mins or so.

For me that was the thing to complain about the crowd for rather than the boos at the end.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Login to get fewer ads

Could barely hear them from Churchmans..... on 13:21 - Aug 22 with 1122 viewsCuffy81

Could barely hear them from Churchmans..... on 13:17 - Aug 22 by LankHenners

Atmosphere at the start of the 2nd half was absolutely dead and despite the roar of encouragement after the 2nd equaliser the whole ground descended into moaning and anticipating a mistake to whinge about for the last 15 mins or so.

For me that was the thing to complain about the crowd for rather than the boos at the end.

I really tried to keep it going in the lower North second half after the equaliser, a few joined in.

Better than Morecambe despite being 1500 less
For what it’s worth… on 13:30 - Aug 22 with 1078 viewsBlue_Order

It was an improvement on Morecambe, but still not great.

Perhaps after so long away we all just need time to gel.
For what it’s worth… on 13:57 - Aug 23 with 799 viewstractorboy1978

For what it’s worth… on 10:11 - Aug 22 by 3_5_2

is that not their choice though?

Not everyone goes to football to sing etc, maybe to just watch the game, clap good play / goals etc

I sit roughly halfway between the North and South and have to say the South was very very quiet, even when there was a good noise being started

It kind of get going but never takes off around the rest of the ground

The noise for both our goals was excellent

If you don't want to sing and get involved in creating an atmosphere then you shouldn't be in the North Lower.
For what it’s worth… on 14:04 - Aug 23 with 771 viewsabracaDOBRA_

For what it’s worth… on 13:30 - Aug 22 by Blue_Order

It was an improvement on Morecambe, but still not great.

Perhaps after so long away we all just need time to gel.

Naturally it will get better when results start to go our way
For what it’s worth… on 14:06 - Aug 23 with 764 viewsjayessess

For what it’s worth… on 13:57 - Aug 23 by tractorboy1978

If you don't want to sing and get involved in creating an atmosphere then you shouldn't be in the North Lower.

We want players who'll run through brick walls for the club, but have fans who reckon they love the club and come to sit in silence and say "well, that's my right". Does my head in.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024