Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should we retire our No.9 shirt for one season after losing Paul Mariner RIP? 11:50 - Jul 10 with 1582 viewsPaddy39

Should we retire our No.9 shirt for one season after losing Paul Mariner RIP?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Should we retire our No.9 shirt for one season after losing Paul Mariner RIP?

Should we retire our No.9 shirt for one season after losing Paul Mariner RIP? on 13:06 - Jul 10 with 1446 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

No. The no 9 shirt and Paul Mariner should be an inspiration to whoever our centre forward may be.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Should we retire our No.9 shirt for one season after losing Paul Mariner RIP? on 13:15 - Jul 10 with 1415 viewsSuperblue95

No we should bring in a quality centre forward who deserves to wear the shirt.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Should we retire our No.9 shirt for one season after losing Paul Mariner RIP? on 13:21 - Jul 10 with 1387 viewsMattinLondon

No. I’m against retiring shirt numbers as it’s an empty handed gesture and doesn’t mean anything (in my opinion of course).

More will be accomplished if people donate say £5 to cancer research. With the club matching the final sum.
Should we retire our No.9 shirt for one season after losing Paul Mariner RIP? on 13:25 - Jul 10 with 1363 viewsMeadowlark

Ray Crawford might have something to say about that!
Should we retire our No.9 shirt for one season after losing Paul Mariner RIP? on 14:48 - Jul 10 with 1212 viewsgainsboroughblue

Should we retire our No.9 shirt for one season after losing Paul Mariner RIP? on 13:06 - Jul 10 by StochesStotasBlewe

No. The no 9 shirt and Paul Mariner should be an inspiration to whoever our centre forward may be.

This.

In the same way that Shearer wanted to aspire to and emulate Jackie Milburn at Newcastle.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Should we retire our No.9 shirt for one season after losing Paul Mariner RIP? on 15:41 - Jul 10 with 1101 viewsITFC_Jenx

Give it to Macauley Bonne to inspire him.
Should we retire our No.9 shirt for one season after losing Paul Mariner RIP? on 16:37 - Jul 10 with 1030 viewswkj

I think they should pull it for this season only, at most, however - never fully retire a shirt number... it inspires the next generation.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2021 16:37]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Should we retire our No.9 shirt for one season after losing Paul Mariner RIP? on 22:56 - Jul 10 with 823 viewsSitfcB

To be honest if we did this for all of the legends we’ve had we wouldn’t have any numbers left!

I’m sure something else will be done.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

Should we retire our No.9 shirt for one season after losing Paul Mariner RIP? on 01:32 - Jul 11 with 761 viewsSuperCoops

Should we retire our No.9 shirt for one season after losing Paul Mariner RIP? on 13:25 - Jul 10 by Meadowlark

Ray Crawford might have something to say about that!

Why? Ray hasn't passed away so we wouldn't need to consider that tribute for him at this time.

But I'm generally not a fan of retiring shirt numbers.
Should we retire our No.9 shirt for one season after losing Paul Mariner RIP? on 07:29 - Jul 11 with 700 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Should we retire our No.9 shirt for one season after losing Paul Mariner RIP? on 07:54 - Jul 11 with 676 viewsCavendishBlue

Hasn't our no.9 been retired for about the last 12 years?
Should we retire our No.9 shirt for one season after losing Paul Mariner RIP? on 07:57 - Jul 11 with 675 viewsazuremerlangus

Should we retire our No.9 shirt for one season after losing Paul Mariner RIP? on 13:06 - Jul 10 by StochesStotasBlewe

Maybe have a repro ‘Mariner Sinks Nelson’ bedsheet in pride of place somewhere in the SBR stand?

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024