Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Electric car advice 13:09 - Jul 2 with 6499 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone know much about these?

I want to get one but must be pure electric, not hybrid.

I need an SUV type because I can't drive too low down, it winds me up. Trouble is the Range Rover or larger premium types prices are through the roof!

I've looked for a week now and the more I look the more confused I get, is there a mid range type like a Hyundai Santa Fe sort of thing available?

Or........Is it worth waiting for something new to be launched, anything imminent? - and how out of date will a current model be in 4 years time?

Thanks in advance

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Electric car advice on 13:14 - Jul 2 with 2679 viewshomer_123

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Electric car advice on 13:16 - Jul 2 with 2669 viewsPlums

I’ve just bought a petrol Volvo XC40 and think they’ve just brought out a full electric version. No idea of pricing but doubt it’s silly RR or Jag money.
I was planning on going hybrid or electric but decided to wait for the next generation in the hope the infrastructure and tech improves.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Electric car advice on 13:19 - Jul 2 with 2625 viewsBluefish

Skoda Enyaq or VW ID4
[Post edited 2 Jul 2021 13:19]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Electric car advice on 13:20 - Jul 2 with 2626 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Electric car advice on 13:16 - Jul 2 by Plums

I’ve just bought a petrol Volvo XC40 and think they’ve just brought out a full electric version. No idea of pricing but doubt it’s silly RR or Jag money.
I was planning on going hybrid or electric but decided to wait for the next generation in the hope the infrastructure and tech improves.

The XC40 EV is available to order now with prices starting from £49,950

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volvo/xc40/107985/new-2021-volvo-xc40-recharge-ev-

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Electric car advice on 13:23 - Jul 2 with 2610 viewsPlums

Electric car advice on 13:20 - Jul 2 by You_Bloo_Right

The XC40 EV is available to order now with prices starting from £49,950

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volvo/xc40/107985/new-2021-volvo-xc40-recharge-ev-

Yikes! That’s some premium.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Electric car advice on 13:23 - Jul 2 with 2613 viewsJakeITFC

Kia e-Niro.

Drop me a message if you want to chat about EV stuff, my kind of area now.
Electric car advice on 13:29 - Jul 2 with 2577 viewsLord_Lucan

Electric car advice on 13:19 - Jul 2 by Bluefish

Skoda Enyaq or VW ID4
[Post edited 2 Jul 2021 13:19]

I had spotted the Skoda before but not the VW, I think I prefer the Skoda.

Looks very reasonable actually

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Electric car advice on 13:30 - Jul 2 with 2567 viewsartsbossbeard

Electric car advice on 13:23 - Jul 2 by JakeITFC

Kia e-Niro.

Rookie error here, Jake.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Login to get fewer ads

Electric car advice on 13:30 - Jul 2 with 2560 viewsLord_Lucan

Electric car advice on 13:23 - Jul 2 by JakeITFC

Kia e-Niro.

Ok cheers, I'll email you.

Electric car advice on 13:33 - Jul 2 with 2520 viewsBluefish

Electric car advice on 13:29 - Jul 2 by Lord_Lucan

I had spotted the Skoda before but not the VW, I think I prefer the Skoda.

Looks very reasonable actually

The skoda looks a great car they have a coupe version coming out that looks a beauty but it will have a bigger price tag. I added the ID4 on in the edit incase the skoda wasn't your thing. The trouble is knowing when to take the plunge, I'd say go now but there are so many cars coming out in the next 12 - 18 months that is is ridiculous. I drove the Ford mustand mach e last week for the 1st time, decent car.

Put the lease through the business and have it as a company car at 1% bik

Electric car advice on 13:33 - Jul 2 with 2533 viewsBloomBlue

Genesis GV70 although that's possibly not here under 2022

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/genesis/gv70
Electric car advice on 13:35 - Jul 2 with 2510 viewsBluefish

Electric car advice on 13:33 - Jul 2 by Bluefish

The skoda looks a great car they have a coupe version coming out that looks a beauty but it will have a bigger price tag. I added the ID4 on in the edit incase the skoda wasn't your thing. The trouble is knowing when to take the plunge, I'd say go now but there are so many cars coming out in the next 12 - 18 months that is is ridiculous. I drove the Ford mustand mach e last week for the 1st time, decent car.

The best car you are going to see for a while will be the hyundai ionic 5

[Redacted] on 13:36 - Jul 2 with 2525 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Electric car advice on 13:43 - Jul 2 with 2491 viewsLord_Lucan

Electric car advice on 13:33 - Jul 2 by Bluefish

I am

I like the look of the Kia Jake advised, it looks smart and does almost 300 miles

Quick search suggests £239.99 plus VAT per month over three years with an up front of £1,439.94 plus VAT

I spend £200 per month in diesel!

Electric car advice on 13:48 - Jul 2 with 2465 viewshype313

[Redacted] on 13:36 - Jul 2 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

What's going to be interesting is how the Govt react to the loss of fuel duty.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Electric car advice on 13:49 - Jul 2 with 2460 viewsgiant_stow

Electric car advice on 13:43 - Jul 2 by Lord_Lucan

I am

I like the look of the Kia Jake advised, it looks smart and does almost 300 miles

Quick search suggests £239.99 plus VAT per month over three years with an up front of £1,439.94 plus VAT

wow, that does seem like an obvious move if you're spending that. I'm kind of shocked you can get one for that actually.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Electric car advice on 13:49 - Jul 2 with 2461 viewsBloomBlue

I am

I do know 3 people who drive daily (Well almost daily) around the country because of their job and have all in their time had electric cars and all say the same tesla or nothing. That's purely because the Tesla charging network is far superior to all the other networks. They said they got fed-up with their software telling them a charger was free at xyz and it wasn't, or it told them there was a fast charger and there was an issue and the fast charging wasn't available, whereas the Tesla software was spot-on every time

Which magazine have done a great document on Electric cars, one of the big problems seems to be different connectors are required for different public charges. A lot of people get caught out with plugging into a public fast changer when their car doesn't accept a fast charge but the cost from the charge is still at the fast charge rate
Electric car advice on 14:05 - Jul 2 with 2399 viewsBluefish

Electric car advice on 13:48 - Jul 2 by hype313

What's going to be interesting is how the Govt react to the loss of fuel duty.

The view is that we will see road usage pricing but it is a fair way off.

Electric car advice on 14:15 - Jul 2 with 2378 viewsBluefish

Electric car advice on 13:49 - Jul 2 by BloomBlue

I do know 3 people who drive daily (Well almost daily) around the country because of their job and have all in their time had electric cars and all say the same tesla or nothing. That's purely because the Tesla charging network is far superior to all the other networks. They said they got fed-up with their software telling them a charger was free at xyz and it wasn't, or it told them there was a fast charger and there was an issue and the fast charging wasn't available, whereas the Tesla software was spot-on every time

Which magazine have done a great document on Electric cars, one of the big problems seems to be different connectors are required for different public charges. A lot of people get caught out with plugging into a public fast changer when their car doesn't accept a fast charge but the cost from the charge is still at the fast charge rate

Some people put petrol into a diesel........

Electric car advice on 14:16 - Jul 2 with 2389 viewsJohnWarksTash

Electric car advice on 13:49 - Jul 2 by giant_stow

wow, that does seem like an obvious move if you're spending that. I'm kind of shocked you can get one for that actually.

With the 1% BIK tax electric cars are as affordable as ICE when you take into account fuel and duty.

I used to pay £308 plus £120 fuel a month for a fiat people carrier but now pay £380 plus £12 a month for a Tesla Model 3. It's when people have to shell out £50k plus it becomes out of the reach of most. I could have got the Hyundai Kona for even less, but decided to have another midlife crisis and get the Tesla :)
Electric car advice on 14:17 - Jul 2 with 2368 viewsBluefish

I am

E Niro is great but I'd suggest having a look. I'm not sure it really meets your higher up suv that you were after. It is marketed as a suv but not really in the traditional sense

Electric car advice on 14:21 - Jul 2 with 2372 viewsPendejo

Being nosey like...

Why not hybrid, more options better range cheaper easier to acquire.

Is there a FEV Mitsubishi Outlander?

Kia Niro not really jacked up enough to be SUV imo.

Audi Etron has been around a while, Mercedes EQC out not.. Or get and old RR and get the fellas from VV to convert.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Electric car advice on 14:22 - Jul 2 with 2362 viewsLord_Lucan

Electric car advice on 13:49 - Jul 2 by giant_stow

It's obviously just a lease Ulla but even when I was a wealthy man I never spent money on flash cars. To me, cars are just a waste of money.

I have no burning desire to shell out mega money and buy one. I think leasing is the way to go. You can get little hybrids for £100 a month now, it's crazy.

Electric car advice on 14:31 - Jul 2 with 2328 viewsPendejo

I am

From experience real world range nowhere near advertised.

Audi Etron was at least 20% less
Polestar 15%

But it will get better

Flip side, was in a meeting with a London Taxi fleet operator who claims he can more out of the LEVC than is advertised

uberima fides

Electric car advice on 14:32 - Jul 2 with 2319 viewsPendejo

[Redacted] on 13:36 - Jul 2 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Are Volvo still public listing? Owned by a Chinese company aren't they?

uberima fides

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024