Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New players 09:14 - Jun 29 with 2247 viewsWickets

Phil have you an insight as to the positions that we are looking to strengthen and after yesterdays new goalkeeper have we ended are interest with the Dundee keeper ?
New players on 09:41 - Jun 29 with 2157 viewsPhilTWTD

Not sure on Siegrist but would expect another keeper to sign.
New players on 09:46 - Jun 29 with 2103 viewstonybied

New players on 09:41 - Jun 29 by PhilTWTD

This surprises me to be honest. I think Holy would make a perfectly suitable backup keeper. Judging by the reviews of Hladky it would be surprising if we managed to sign a better keeper. It seems a slight waste of resources to bomb out Holy for a replacement when he is good enough as a backup and his attitude has always seemed good.
New players on 09:48 - Jun 29 with 2071 viewssaffers12

New players on 09:46 - Jun 29 by tonybied

This surprises me to be honest. I think Holy would make a perfectly suitable backup keeper. Judging by the reviews of Hladky it would be surprising if we managed to sign a better keeper. It seems a slight waste of resources to bomb out Holy for a replacement when he is good enough as a backup and his attitude has always seemed good.

think we are looking for large but also marginal improvements....you could say the same about Kenlock etc

Holy is not good at getting down, so we probably do need a number 2 who is, which could be the difference between 3-6 goals and a couple of vital points
New players on 09:51 - Jun 29 with 2031 viewsWickets

Centre back maybe and as we are talking to the Portsmouth player a wide player . Is any of the new players considered Captain material ?
New players on 10:36 - Jun 29 with 1836 viewstonybied

New players on 09:48 - Jun 29 by saffers12

think we are looking for large but also marginal improvements....you could say the same about Kenlock etc

Holy is not good at getting down, so we probably do need a number 2 who is, which could be the difference between 3-6 goals and a couple of vital points

...but if he's the number 2 goalie he's not likely to play much and cost us many points. Whereas 2 keepers of similar stature is likely to just confuse matters as to who plays in an area you really need stability.
New players on 10:41 - Jun 29 with 1794 viewsITFCBlues

New players on 10:36 - Jun 29 by tonybied

...but if he's the number 2 goalie he's not likely to play much and cost us many points. Whereas 2 keepers of similar stature is likely to just confuse matters as to who plays in an area you really need stability.

What makes you think we're signing another keeper to be a number 1? Holy is fairly poor let's be honest and probably earning a solid wage.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

New players on 10:53 - Jun 29 with 1704 viewstonybied

New players on 10:41 - Jun 29 by ITFCBlues

What makes you think we're signing another keeper to be a number 1? Holy is fairly poor let's be honest and probably earning a solid wage.

Exactly! Unless Holy is on a big wage (which I don't imagine he is joining from Gillingham) then it seems a pointless exercise to swap him for another goalie of similar skill level as they would probably end up on a fairly equal wage unless coming from lower leagues.
New players on 11:17 - Jun 29 with 1591 viewstrueblues78

Hi Phil, what’s your thinking on Crooks?

Sorry if you have been asked loads. Just not seen anything recently. Thanks

Poll: Would you sell Knudsen?

Login to get fewer ads

New players on 12:39 - Jun 29 with 1355 viewsstopmoaning

New players on 09:46 - Jun 29 by tonybied

I ageee, but Holy could be a first choice keeper elsewhere, and might want that himself.
New players on 12:46 - Jun 29 with 1284 viewsLeoMuff

Seems we definitely need left attacking mid, centre half maybe 2 depending on Donacian plans, left back and maybe 2, centre forward, attacking midfield, maybe def mid if Downes is defiantly gone.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

New players on 12:48 - Jun 29 with 1268 viewsPhilTWTD

New players on 11:17 - Jun 29 by trueblues78

Hi Phil, what’s your thinking on Crooks?

Sorry if you have been asked loads. Just not seen anything recently. Thanks

Still ongoing last I heard the other day, getting to the point where we'll know one way or another whether it's going to happen, I think.
New players on 13:07 - Jun 29 with 1078 viewstrueblues78

New players on 12:48 - Jun 29 by PhilTWTD

Still ongoing last I heard the other day, getting to the point where we'll know one way or another whether it's going to happen, I think.

Thanks as always Phil

Poll: Would you sell Knudsen?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024