Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chance of a ticket 19:33 - Jun 26 with 1031 viewsscotdoc

As a twice a year rather expensive home game-chances of getting in this year,or am I kidding mys
Chance of a ticket on 19:40 - Jun 26 with 997 viewsArnoldMoorhen

I think, and others can correct me on this, that there have been very few sell outs at Portman Road since the new stands were built, even in the seasons when we were flying high and pushing for promotion to the Prem under Royle or McCarthy.

So, the chances of us selling out in League One are slim, unless the new owners have plans to give a lot of tickets out via local schools (which they should do to create a new generation of fans).

I think if you buy Silver membership (which includes a voucher for a free ticket) you will be fine, as long as you phone up on the day that Silver members are first allowed to buy tickets to the match(es) that you want to go to.
Chance of a ticket on 19:43 - Jun 26 with 977 viewsfloridablue

my fingers are crossed for you!
Chance of a ticket on 19:45 - Jun 26 with 968 viewsGuthrum

Chance of a ticket on 19:40 - Jun 26 by ArnoldMoorhen

I think, and others can correct me on this, that there have been very few sell outs at Portman Road since the new stands were built, even in the seasons when we were flying high and pushing for promotion to the Prem under Royle or McCarthy.

So, the chances of us selling out in League One are slim, unless the new owners have plans to give a lot of tickets out via local schools (which they should do to create a new generation of fans).

I think if you buy Silver membership (which includes a voucher for a free ticket) you will be fine, as long as you phone up on the day that Silver members are first allowed to buy tickets to the match(es) that you want to go to.

Not sure there has ever been a complete sell-out of the post rebuild ground.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Chance of a ticket on 19:48 - Jun 26 with 960 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Chance of a ticket on 19:45 - Jun 26 by Guthrum

Not sure there has ever been a complete sell-out of the post rebuild ground.

Norwich Play Off Semi?
Chance of a ticket on 20:22 - Jun 26 with 914 viewsWickhamsLeftBoot

Chance of a ticket on 19:40 - Jun 26 by ArnoldMoorhen

Since the rebuild, we've had the following 'full houses'

30,152 vs Norwich 21/12/2003
30,010 vs West Ham 18/05/2005
29,656 vs Norwich 13/04/2008
29,258 vs Norwich 21/04/2011
29,184 vs Norwich 18/12/2006
29,166 vs Norwich 9/5/2015
28,355 vs Colchester 20/01/2007
28,274 vs Norwich 19/04/2009

A full attendance would be 30,511 which'll never happen.
Chance of a ticket on 20:38 - Jun 26 with 876 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Chance of a ticket on 20:22 - Jun 26 by WickhamsLeftBoot

Since the rebuild, we've had the following 'full houses'

30,152 vs Norwich 21/12/2003
30,010 vs West Ham 18/05/2005
29,656 vs Norwich 13/04/2008
29,258 vs Norwich 21/04/2011
29,184 vs Norwich 18/12/2006
29,166 vs Norwich 9/5/2015
28,355 vs Colchester 20/01/2007
28,274 vs Norwich 19/04/2009

A full attendance would be 30,511 which'll never happen.

The only way you could get a complete sell out of seats would be if the Away Team was under a supporter ban. Otherwise they are entitled to a proportion of the seats, and, because of the layout of our ground, other areas of seats are used as buffer zones between Home and Away and a full sell out is impossible.

It's telling that the only games listed as a sell out, as in all available seats sold, were against relatively local opposition.
Chance of a ticket on 21:28 - Jun 26 with 808 viewsWickhamsLeftBoot

Chance of a ticket on 20:38 - Jun 26 by ArnoldMoorhen

The only way you could get a complete sell out of seats would be if the Away Team was under a supporter ban. Otherwise they are entitled to a proportion of the seats, and, because of the layout of our ground, other areas of seats are used as buffer zones between Home and Away and a full sell out is impossible.

It's telling that the only games listed as a sell out, as in all available seats sold, were against relatively local opposition.

We had a 27k+ for the game with Newcastle a few months after Sir Bob passed, but you're right though regarding the buffer zones.

I'd like to see another 30k+ again.
Chance of a ticket on 21:37 - Jun 26 with 788 viewsscotdoc

Chance of a ticket on 21:28 - Jun 26 by WickhamsLeftBoot

We had a 27k+ for the game with Newcastle a few months after Sir Bob passed, but you're right though regarding the buffer zones.

I'd like to see another 30k+ again.

Was more thinking covid capacity?
Login to get fewer ads

Chance of a ticket on 21:42 - Jun 26 with 769 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Chance of a ticket on 21:37 - Jun 26 by scotdoc

I'm working on the basis that as the Euro matches so far haven't shown significant transmission, we'll be back to near capacity by August.

But who knows?
Chance of a ticket on 21:42 - Jun 26 with 771 viewsscotdoc

Chance of a ticket on 21:37 - Jun 26 by scotdoc

On a parallel note,any nice week away Suffolk hotels peeps would recommend, I've always just been Ipswich hotels for weekend footie,but would like more of the county,wife especially fancies Bury SE
Recommendations as always gratefully received TWTD
Chance of a ticket on 21:47 - Jun 26 with 755 viewsjeera

Chance of a ticket on 21:42 - Jun 26 by scotdoc

On a parallel note,any nice week away Suffolk hotels peeps would recommend, I've always just been Ipswich hotels for weekend footie,but would like more of the county,wife especially fancies Bury SE
Recommendations as always gratefully received TWTD

Depends what sort of money and what you mean by nice I suppose.

The Swan at Lavenham is nice but knows how to charge.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024