Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gareth Southgate 09:23 - Jun 21 with 3029 viewsBiGDonnie

Definitely isn't England's best asset, is he?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Gareth Southgate on 12:14 - Jun 21 with 516 viewsjaykay

Gareth Southgate on 09:51 - Jun 21 by Simonds92

In his 1 tournament so far he's reached the semi final. Also got us to the final of that Euro league thing. He's drawn one game and suddenly he's not good enough! (France drew with Hungary the other day, where was the outcry then?!). Head and shoulders above anyone we've had in 20 odd years and crucial to the culture he has created within the current group. The fact that players all get on, can speak to the media so well and dont feel the weight of the shirt is a really underestimated improvement he established, we cannot be successful without that.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2021 9:53]

grand donnie on the french c'était l'époque du forum was up in arms about the french result against hungary

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Gareth Southgate on 12:23 - Jun 21 with 489 viewsBiGDonnie

Gareth Southgate on 11:57 - Jun 21 by ChiefXL

There is a difference between not being happy and hyperbole. Sadly you've fallen into the latter.

And this is after a rather drab 0-0 against a well-drilled Scotland who got their tactics absolutely spot on on the night. Whilst ignoring the good performance about Croatia.

That, added to the assertion we need a win against the Czech's when we don't just makes you come across as a bit of a weapon who can't count, old boy.

Which I'm sure you're not. But the reaction is way OTT.

We'll agree to disagree then!

If you're happy with what's been on display with some of the attacking talent we have, that's on you!

COYBs

To be fair Chiefers.... on 12:26 - Jun 21 with 484 viewsBiGDonnie

To be fair Chiefers.... on 12:01 - Jun 21 by Bloots

....all the OP said was that Southgate isn't our biggest asset.

I'd say that was a totally factual statement, definitely not "OTT" nor "Hyperbole".

Too many people have, as usual, got swept up on a wave of "it's coming home" and cheap lager......that's where the hyperbole is.

FWIW the Southgate out was said tongue in cheek, as obviously he's not going anywhere.

Not like TWTD to take everything so literal and get upset about it.

COYBs

Agreed, Southgate is great.... on 12:28 - Jun 21 with 476 viewsBloots

To be fair Chiefers.... on 12:11 - Jun 21 by SE1blue

I personally think that Southgate has been a great asset for England, based on where we were, to where we are now.

The days of Sven, Capello, McClaren, Hodgson and Allardyce (thankfully only one game) were far more bleak than the time we’ve had with Southgate.

I’d argue that Southgate is the first manager since SBR, that really has vested, personal interest and love for the England team. He handles the media extremely well - half the role of an England manager. He’s developed a squad of likeable players who seem to care and want to win - this could be questioned under previous managers.

I think the better performances will come, but for now it’s about getting a job done.

....at lots of things.

He's plainly a decent, well meaning bloke, with the right ideas off the pitch and he's extremely media friendly.

But his biggest achievements on the pitch have been leading Boro to mid table in the league, beating Sweden in a World Cup QF and coming 3rd in The Nations League.

(I think you've missed El Tel off your list of England managers)

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Gareth Southgate on 12:40 - Jun 21 with 442 viewsChiefXL

Gareth Southgate on 12:23 - Jun 21 by BiGDonnie

We'll agree to disagree then!

If you're happy with what's been on display with some of the attacking talent we have, that's on you!

Can we agree to disagree on poor maths?

I don't think we can.
Gareth Southgate on 12:57 - Jun 21 with 402 viewsBiGDonnie

Gareth Southgate on 12:40 - Jun 21 by ChiefXL

Can we agree to disagree on poor maths?

I don't think we can.

COYBs

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024