Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cummings 22:44 - Apr 23 with 7032 viewsvapour_trail

Gone proper fcking rogue hasn’t he

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56863547

Johnson will ride it out of course, given everything he’s got away with previously. Bit of a crank though Dom, bit like a spurned ex-lover, which to be fair Johnson has plenty of experience of dealing with.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Cummings on 16:15 - Apr 24 with 1905 viewssolomon

Cummings on 10:31 - Apr 24 by Seablu

They’re

Blue
Cummings on 18:06 - Apr 24 with 1879 viewsHARRY10

Cummings on 10:39 - Apr 24 by Lord_Lucan

You know what Vapes, this is all a bit ridiculous and they all should pipe down because they all have skeletons in the cupboard.

The Dyson thing is a bit ridiculous really. At the time it was wrongly thought that we needed thousands of ventilators, Boris contacted all of the big hitters to see if they could come up with something PDQ, aside from Dyson he contacted McClaren etc etc, we needed the top guys on it. Dyson thought he could do it but his concern was that his workers would be penalised with UK tax if they came over to UK to help UK out. He was looking after his workers. I can't see anything wrong with that in any way.

Boris stuck by Cummings when he went mad and decided it was ok for him to take a day trip to a boring castle. I don't have an issue with Cummings going to his parents home up north, he has an autistic kid who cannot deal with carers outside of his family so he made a decision to stay with his family for the wellbeing of his nipper. Family is everything and I completely accept what he did but having a day out was lunacy and he should have got more grief for that. It would have been better if he had just told the truth.

As for Boris, his Mrs must be quite something in the sack because spending that amount of money on his pad is / was insane, I would actually say it was a disgrace. It is quite usual to redesign your quarters when you get to PM but this was so off the scale.

So we are still stuck in the middle of a pandemic of the likes that we have never seen in our lifetimes and we are talking about wallpaper . Mmmm
[Post edited 24 Apr 2021 10:41]

Any supposed shortage of ventilators was as a result of the UK government declining to join in an EU initiative - thought to come from the UK not wanting to be seen dependent upon the EU.

There is no evidence that Cummings son is autistic - and certainly no statement from either parent to that effect is he is.

Where the grief (or Grieve) is now coming from is Johnsons years of lying. Who paid for the flat in number 10 to be tarted up to look like some 19th century brothel/opium den ?

If any money came from an outside source then both the source and the amount should have been declared. Why did Johnson try to pass this off as a charity ?

Likewise trying to pull an enquiry because the result might find against his latest floozy's friend does not suggest open government or decisive leadership.

And links to the takeover of NUFC has seen chief strategy adviser at Number 10 (Lord Udny-Lister) jump ship today.

So what comes across is a strong whiff of sleaze and corruption as favours could be bought, if the right amount was passed to Johnson by some back door method. Remember his receiving a £160,000 for playing one game of tennis with a dodgy Russian.

What has done for many politicians is not the act (Cummings Barnard Castle) but the attempts at cover up. And here we have any number of clumsy attempts by Johnson to cover up so much.

I expect the 'Sundays' will have more to offer up, as the incoming tide of revelations look set to swamp this former public school shyster - a latter day Billy Bunter of Greyliars.
Cummings on 19:13 - Apr 24 with 1853 viewstractordownsouth

Cummings on 14:03 - Apr 24 by GlasgowBlue

To paraphrase Slick Willy; It's the pandemic dummy!!

In normal times this would be worthy of a "gate". But all Joe Bloggs cares about is getting back to work and the pubs re-opening.

Yeah, at the end of the day it can be shrugged off by the government as bending the rules for the sake of the pandemic. I think it's right for the opposition to highlight though because when it becomes part of a wider trend of cronyism it'll have a bit more cut-through.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Cummings on 19:29 - Apr 24 with 1840 viewsHARRY10

Cummings on 19:13 - Apr 24 by tractordownsouth

Yeah, at the end of the day it can be shrugged off by the government as bending the rules for the sake of the pandemic. I think it's right for the opposition to highlight though because when it becomes part of a wider trend of cronyism it'll have a bit more cut-through.

I think dome are deluding themselves

Two polls out this week show that this sleaze is playing hard with voters

And we are in a position where High court action is being taken over allegations of government fraud, and up to half a dozen Parliamentary enquiries have started or about to start

Glasgow Blue the weatherman

Cummings on 21:16 - Apr 24 with 1816 viewsGlasgowBlue

Cummings on 19:29 - Apr 24 by HARRY10

I think dome are deluding themselves

Two polls out this week show that this sleaze is playing hard with voters

And we are in a position where High court action is being taken over allegations of government fraud, and up to half a dozen Parliamentary enquiries have started or about to start

Glasgow Blue the weatherman

Playing hard with the voters?

This is not a defence of Johnson.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Cummings on 21:35 - Apr 24 with 1808 viewsHARRY10

Cummings on 21:16 - Apr 24 by GlasgowBlue

Playing hard with the voters?

This is not a defence of Johnson.

So the two opinion polls that address this sleaze are not to be counted

Perhaps because they are more up to date

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/sleaze-cronyism-lobbying-govenmen

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9504091/Poll-Lobbying-row-hurting-Boris

and we have yet to see any High Court ruling, or any Parliamentary findings ie the fan is so far solids free
Cummings on 21:48 - Apr 24 with 1801 viewsmonytowbray

Cummings on 21:35 - Apr 24 by HARRY10

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/sleaze-cronyism-lobbying-govenmen

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9504091/Poll-Lobbying-row-hurting-Boris

and we have yet to see any High Court ruling, or any Parliamentary findings ie the fan is so far solids free

Ignore him. He’s spent years enabling where we are now and pretends his hands are clean.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Cummings on 22:27 - Apr 24 with 1781 viewsSeablu

Cummings on 16:15 - Apr 24 by solomon

Blue

Good to have you back.
Recovered from your little paddy then?
Login to get fewer ads

Cummings on 22:33 - Apr 24 with 1772 viewsHARRY10

Cummings on 21:48 - Apr 24 by monytowbray

Ignore him. He’s spent years enabling where we are now and pretends his hands are clean.

Tomorrows media will likely be running with the thought that when Cummings appears before a joint Parliamentary committee investigating the governments response to the covid pandemic he may tell all he knows in that matter.

And given what an awful cock up fat boy made of that, the last thing needed will be confirmation in the way of recorded evidence.

Expect the questions about why fatty has suddenly thought it a better idea that he pays for the tart up of the flat where he is shacked up with a single mum. Accepting undeclared gifts is rather a serious matter - and begs the further question of when else has he done so in the belief that he could get away with it ?

What we are seeing on here is a couple of the 'forelock tuggers' desperately trying to defend 'their' betters - and like the Möhne dam after only a couple of hits, they delude themselves that this and much else is not going to blow.

it is and it will, just be patient.
Cummings on 01:28 - Apr 25 with 1749 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Cummings on 22:33 - Apr 24 by HARRY10

Tomorrows media will likely be running with the thought that when Cummings appears before a joint Parliamentary committee investigating the governments response to the covid pandemic he may tell all he knows in that matter.

And given what an awful cock up fat boy made of that, the last thing needed will be confirmation in the way of recorded evidence.

Expect the questions about why fatty has suddenly thought it a better idea that he pays for the tart up of the flat where he is shacked up with a single mum. Accepting undeclared gifts is rather a serious matter - and begs the further question of when else has he done so in the belief that he could get away with it ?

What we are seeing on here is a couple of the 'forelock tuggers' desperately trying to defend 'their' betters - and like the Möhne dam after only a couple of hits, they delude themselves that this and much else is not going to blow.

it is and it will, just be patient.

Cummings and Alistair Campbell both going very hard at Johnson now over corruption. The two most gifted readers of the political windsock in the country. (Both massively flawed individuals, too, but there is no denying their abilities).

My only small fear is that this is Cummings' attempt to get back into the inner circle, because it would be Classic Dom news management if we were all to say "Ooh, we'll know everything when Dom talks to the Commons Committee." Then he says sweet FA and we say "Oh, what a lot of fuss about nothing " and forget it.
Cummings on 02:17 - Apr 25 with 1746 viewsHARRY10

Cummings on 01:28 - Apr 25 by ArnoldMoorhen

Cummings and Alistair Campbell both going very hard at Johnson now over corruption. The two most gifted readers of the political windsock in the country. (Both massively flawed individuals, too, but there is no denying their abilities).

My only small fear is that this is Cummings' attempt to get back into the inner circle, because it would be Classic Dom news management if we were all to say "Ooh, we'll know everything when Dom talks to the Commons Committee." Then he says sweet FA and we say "Oh, what a lot of fuss about nothing " and forget it.

No, Cummings was lined up for this investigation before this weeks events

Johnson in his usual incompetence, chose to put the blame on Cummings for the leaks about his texts with Dyson. Cummings denied this and retaliated with claims about Johnson trying to scam money for his flat renovation, and also accusing Johnson and his team of a series of other wrongdoings. He said the prime minister had behaved in a way he considered “mad and totally unethical”, and warned that he would happily give evidence under oath to an inquiry.

The suggested leaker, the so called 'chatty rat', appears to be one Henry Newman, a very close friend of his latest floozy (Clarrie), and Cummings is none too pleased that Johnson not only tried to blame said Cummings, but did so to protect dear Henry.

Whether Cummings testifies in any great length is mostly irrelevant. Much as were Brutus not to have wielded a knife, Caesar would have still fallen.

For my part I do not think Cummings has any great idea in the way of how the wind lies, politically. His talent was the use of algorithms that delivered up what played well with the not too bright. A dark art learned during his time in Russia and developed further over here.

Basically by churning through responses via internet messages he (and others) are able to select the right message that enthuses the witless, a glorified Pavlov's dogs if you wish. Known as personally targeted propaganda.

The danger for democracy is that unlike the media we cannot know what is being sent out to whom. Voters are trotting off to the polling station with all manner of nonsense filling their silly heads. And only when they spout that some of that guff in public can we have any idea of what they have been swallowing.

Given how well Facebook is able to read and process members content, messages, photos etc and use it for commercial gain - I think we need to begin to grasp how far this has reached in the field of politics.

(see Cambridge Analytica)

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/jul/30/cambridge-analytica-did-work-for
Cummings on 07:32 - Apr 25 with 1692 viewsitfcjoe

Cummings on 02:17 - Apr 25 by HARRY10

No, Cummings was lined up for this investigation before this weeks events

Johnson in his usual incompetence, chose to put the blame on Cummings for the leaks about his texts with Dyson. Cummings denied this and retaliated with claims about Johnson trying to scam money for his flat renovation, and also accusing Johnson and his team of a series of other wrongdoings. He said the prime minister had behaved in a way he considered “mad and totally unethical”, and warned that he would happily give evidence under oath to an inquiry.

The suggested leaker, the so called 'chatty rat', appears to be one Henry Newman, a very close friend of his latest floozy (Clarrie), and Cummings is none too pleased that Johnson not only tried to blame said Cummings, but did so to protect dear Henry.

Whether Cummings testifies in any great length is mostly irrelevant. Much as were Brutus not to have wielded a knife, Caesar would have still fallen.

For my part I do not think Cummings has any great idea in the way of how the wind lies, politically. His talent was the use of algorithms that delivered up what played well with the not too bright. A dark art learned during his time in Russia and developed further over here.

Basically by churning through responses via internet messages he (and others) are able to select the right message that enthuses the witless, a glorified Pavlov's dogs if you wish. Known as personally targeted propaganda.

The danger for democracy is that unlike the media we cannot know what is being sent out to whom. Voters are trotting off to the polling station with all manner of nonsense filling their silly heads. And only when they spout that some of that guff in public can we have any idea of what they have been swallowing.

Given how well Facebook is able to read and process members content, messages, photos etc and use it for commercial gain - I think we need to begin to grasp how far this has reached in the field of politics.

(see Cambridge Analytica)

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/jul/30/cambridge-analytica-did-work-for

You’re comments about Carrie are very misogynistic - floozie, single Mum, etc - what’s wrong with partner or girlfriend? Be better.

Johnson apparently phoned the papers himself to say leak was Dom, and now according to today’s Times Cummings has recordings of Boris.

Cummings was never someone who should have been brought into the inside, you make a deal with the devil.....

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Cummings on 07:58 - Apr 25 with 1663 viewssolomon

Cummings on 22:27 - Apr 24 by Seablu

Good to have you back.
Recovered from your little paddy then?

Have a good day chap.
Cummings on 08:02 - Apr 25 with 1662 viewsHARRY10

Cummings on 07:32 - Apr 25 by itfcjoe

You’re comments about Carrie are very misogynistic - floozie, single Mum, etc - what’s wrong with partner or girlfriend? Be better.

Johnson apparently phoned the papers himself to say leak was Dom, and now according to today’s Times Cummings has recordings of Boris.

Cummings was never someone who should have been brought into the inside, you make a deal with the devil.....

If you set out to win votes by fair. but mostly foul means then you are going to inevitably use the most effective method. That happened to be Cummings.

The info Cummings has on Johnson is covered above, and elsewhere.

Johnson has a long history of lying to women, fathering illegitimate children with them and cheating on them. My words to describe the latest is a reflection of his view of women and the case of the latest, her stupidity in thinking it will not happen a gain.

A case of, as you say, you make a deal with the devil.....

And if we are talking about 'be better' it is your, not you're.
Cummings on 08:08 - Apr 25 with 1649 viewsGlasgowBlue

Cummings on 21:35 - Apr 24 by HARRY10

Neither of those are polls on voting intention which is what you claimed in your op.

Iron Lion Zion

Cummings on 08:09 - Apr 25 with 1648 viewsitfcjoe

Cummings on 08:02 - Apr 25 by HARRY10

If you set out to win votes by fair. but mostly foul means then you are going to inevitably use the most effective method. That happened to be Cummings.

The info Cummings has on Johnson is covered above, and elsewhere.

Johnson has a long history of lying to women, fathering illegitimate children with them and cheating on them. My words to describe the latest is a reflection of his view of women and the case of the latest, her stupidity in thinking it will not happen a gain.

A case of, as you say, you make a deal with the devil.....

And if we are talking about 'be better' it is your, not you're.

What is worse? Making a grammatical error or doubling down on misogynistic abuse?

Cummings on 08:22 - Apr 25 with 1622 viewsHARRY10

Cummings on 08:09 - Apr 25 by itfcjoe

What is worse? Making a grammatical error or doubling down on misogynistic abuse?

Doubling down ?

Is that some kind of new quilt

As to misogynistic abuse, that is even sillier as it suggests a hatred of women in general, whereas the comments were directed to one person.

Do you have a similar expression for my comments about Johnson, based on the fact he is a male. One that suggests I hate all males.
Cummings on 08:25 - Apr 25 with 1610 viewsHARRY10

Cummings on 08:08 - Apr 25 by GlasgowBlue

Neither of those are polls on voting intention which is what you claimed in your op.

nope, that is you just making up stuff
Cummings on 08:25 - Apr 25 with 1608 viewsGlasgowBlue

Cummings on 08:22 - Apr 25 by HARRY10

Doubling down ?

As to misogynistic abuse, that is even sillier as it suggests a hatred of women in general, whereas the comments were directed to one person.

Do you have a similar expression for my comments about Johnson, based on the fact he is a male. One that suggests I hate all males.

So by your logic it’s not racist if you only make racist comments about one one specific member of the BAME community?

Iron Lion Zion

Cummings on 08:33 - Apr 25 with 1589 viewsGlasgowBlue

Cummings on 08:25 - Apr 25 by HARRY10

nope, that is you just making up stuff

You said it was “playing hard with the voters”. There isn’t a single opinion poll on “voting” intention that demonstrates that.

I linked three polls, all the latest opinion polls on “voting” intention, that demonstrates the opposite.

I wish it wasn’t true. Johnson is a disgrace and has brought the Tory party into disrepute. But as I said earlier, we are not living in normal times and most people are more interested in when the pubs are reopening.

If that’s sleaze allegations had hit May, Cameron, Brown, Blair or Major during “normal times” then it would have been a massive issue for them.

As Vapers said in his op, Johnson will ride this out.

Iron Lion Zion

Cummings on 08:35 - Apr 25 with 1588 viewsHARRY10

Cummings on 08:25 - Apr 25 by GlasgowBlue

So by your logic it’s not racist if you only make racist comments about one one specific member of the BAME community?

If you determine that any comment made about a BAME person is racist then there is not much more that can be said.

Which would leave a great many people unable to comment on Pritti Patel's actions, lest some numpty like you started jumping up and down squeaking about racist and misogynistic abuse
Cummings on 08:35 - Apr 25 with 1587 viewsitfcjoe

Cummings on 08:22 - Apr 25 by HARRY10

Doubling down ?

The terms you’ve been using to describe Carrie Symonds on this thread are out of order and born out of misogyny. I’ll leave it there, everyone else can see what is there

Cummings on 08:42 - Apr 25 with 1570 viewsGlasgowBlue

Cummings on 08:35 - Apr 25 by HARRY10

If you determine that any comment made about a BAME person is racist then there is not much more that can be said.

Which would leave a great many people unable to comment on Pritti Patel's actions, lest some numpty like you started jumping up and down squeaking about racist and misogynistic abuse

You can comment ion Priti Patel’s moral character, ability, nastiness, etc. But if you used a racist slur in your critique then it would be racist. As Joe rightly pointed out, you used sexist language when giving a critique of Carrie Simmonds.

Stop doubling down.

Iron Lion Zion

Cummings on 08:45 - Apr 25 with 1570 viewsHARRY10

Cummings on 08:33 - Apr 25 by GlasgowBlue

You said it was “playing hard with the voters”. There isn’t a single opinion poll on “voting” intention that demonstrates that.

I linked three polls, all the latest opinion polls on “voting” intention, that demonstrates the opposite.

I wish it wasn’t true. Johnson is a disgrace and has brought the Tory party into disrepute. But as I said earlier, we are not living in normal times and most people are more interested in when the pubs are reopening.

If that’s sleaze allegations had hit May, Cameron, Brown, Blair or Major during “normal times” then it would have been a massive issue for them.

As Vapers said in his op, Johnson will ride this out.

So, as you now admit I did not make any comment on voter intentions. That was just you making up stuff.

You seem to confuse voter intentions, with voters reaction to certain questions.

I am not sure what would have been issued to previous PMs but this one is facing an unprecedented level of Parliamentary investigation - over a fair number actions.

As to your guff about bringing the Tory Party into disrepute, it begs the question of in whose eyes - given you state that voters are not that bothered.

As to what fat boy will ride out of Downing Street in or on we will have to wait to see. A tumbril might be the optimum means, some might suggest.
Cummings on 08:46 - Apr 25 with 1569 viewsFunge

Cummings on 08:35 - Apr 25 by HARRY10

I despise Patel - in a government of scumbags, she is a notable step above in terms of her cruelty and incompetence.

Her gender is of no importance; she's just a vile, vile specimen.

Easy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024