Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This interview is reminiscent of Keane right at the end. 21:57 - Feb 16 with 2927 viewsBlueschev

I remember him saying how there were a lot of things that need changing at the club from top to bottom.
This interview is reminiscent of Keane right at the end. on 21:57 - Feb 16 with 2881 viewsGlasgowBlue

And 10 years later nothing has changed.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

This interview is reminiscent of Keane right at the end. on 21:57 - Feb 16 with 2883 viewspointofblue

The one thing Keane was right about - sadly he wasn’t listened to.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

This interview is reminiscent of Keane right at the end. on 21:57 - Feb 16 with 2882 viewsDeano69

Pretty sure Hurst said the same.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

This interview is reminiscent of Keane right at the end. on 21:58 - Feb 16 with 2845 viewsdavblue

One of his better interviews apart from the big club, flares rubbish when he got that out of the way.
This interview is reminiscent of Keane right at the end. on 21:58 - Feb 16 with 2804 viewsCoco

This interview is reminiscent of Keane right at the end. on 21:57 - Feb 16 by Deano69

Pretty sure Hurst said the same.

like when a new manager comes in and says fitness levels are poor.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

This interview is reminiscent of Keane right at the end. on 22:01 - Feb 16 with 2678 viewsDeano69

This interview is reminiscent of Keane right at the end. on 21:58 - Feb 16 by Coco

like when a new manager comes in and says fitness levels are poor.

We certainly have had, and continue to have, some right chumps at ITFC.

Gradually eroding a rich and envied heritage.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

This interview is reminiscent of Keane right at the end. on 22:04 - Feb 16 with 2550 viewsChurchman

Evans won’t change. He lost interest the day the quick buck policy policy failed. What he has wanted from it in the last 10 years other than offsetting tax or hoping something will turn up, I’ve absolutely no idea.

If he wants to make a few bob, after he’s flogged off the training ground and puts the club out of business, I suggest he writes a book entitled ‘How I ruined and destroyed a once well known football club’. It’ll be a best seller
[Post edited 16 Feb 2021 22:05]
This interview is reminiscent of Keane right at the end. on 22:04 - Feb 16 with 2527 viewsGarv

This interview is reminiscent of Keane right at the end. on 21:58 - Feb 16 by davblue

One of his better interviews apart from the big club, flares rubbish when he got that out of the way.

To be fair he was asked if it affects him and he said no and explained why.

Celtic are 10 times bigger than us, it doesn't need Paul Lambert to tell us that. He will have received all sorts of abuse up there and experienced bad situations, probably some of which went too far. Why would he be emotionally affected by Ipswich fans wanting him sacked?

This isn't to say he shouldn't take more responsibility for the job he's doing, but that's different to admitting the pressure affects him.

You're right it was one of his better interviews, because he was more up front. "I come out here and put a face on, deep down it's a different story". A big mistake for a long time has been not being more up front with media/fans.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

This interview is reminiscent of Keane right at the end. on 22:08 - Feb 16 with 2417 viewsGuthrum

This interview is reminiscent of Keane right at the end. on 22:04 - Feb 16 by Garv

Celtic are 10 times bigger than us, it doesn't need Paul Lambert to tell us that. He will have received all sorts of abuse up there and experienced bad situations, probably some of which went too far. Why would he be emotionally affected by Ipswich fans wanting him sacked?

This isn't to say he shouldn't take more responsibility for the job he's doing, but that's different to admitting the pressure affects him.

You're right it was one of his better interviews, because he was more up front. "I come out here and put a face on, deep down it's a different story". A big mistake for a long time has been not being more up front with media/fans.

But he was only a player at Celtic. Here he is the manager and the buck (plus much of the flak) stops with him.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

This interview is reminiscent of Keane right at the end. on 22:15 - Feb 16 with 2265 viewsdavblue

This interview is reminiscent of Keane right at the end. on 22:04 - Feb 16 by Garv

I thought he showed a more human side to him than for a long time.

Rather than the garbage that’s been served up for a long while and that aloofness that the job he’s done here hasn’t deserved one bit.
This interview is reminiscent of Keane right at the end. on 22:17 - Feb 16 with 2196 viewsBlueschev

This interview is reminiscent of Keane right at the end. on 21:57 - Feb 16 by GlasgowBlue

Absolutely. The club remain a mess. Lambert, much like Keane have contributed to this shambles by being very poor at their jobs. But the problems go deeper than both of them. A well run club wouldn’t have appointed either of them.
This interview is reminiscent of Keane right at the end. on 22:17 - Feb 16 with 2191 viewsNthsuffolkblue

This interview is reminiscent of Keane right at the end. on 22:15 - Feb 16 by davblue

I thought he showed a more human side to him than for a long time.

Rather than the garbage that’s been served up for a long while and that aloofness that the job he’s done here hasn’t deserved one bit.

Yes, sounded like he had given up any pretence that he thought he was able to do the job any more.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2021 22:17]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

This interview is reminiscent of Keane right at the end. on 22:38 - Feb 16 with 1989 viewsRadlett_blue

This interview is reminiscent of Keane right at the end. on 21:57 - Feb 16 by GlasgowBlue

Except that Town are a league lower.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

This interview is reminiscent of Keane right at the end. on 23:48 - Feb 16 with 1824 viewschrismakin

This interview is reminiscent of Keane right at the end. on 22:04 - Feb 16 by Churchman

Evans won’t change. He lost interest the day the quick buck policy policy failed. What he has wanted from it in the last 10 years other than offsetting tax or hoping something will turn up, I’ve absolutely no idea.

If he wants to make a few bob, after he’s flogged off the training ground and puts the club out of business, I suggest he writes a book entitled ‘How I ruined and destroyed a once well known football club’. It’ll be a best seller

That's the thing isn't it

You're looking at near on a £Million per season for extra non playing staff wages, just to have people at the club which you have at every other professional outfit.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

This interview is reminiscent of Keane right at the end. on 23:56 - Feb 16 with 1791 viewspointofblue

Keane’s post Forest interview - he seems ruddy eloquent compared to Lambert:

Keane: If My Best Isn't Good Enough I'll Take the Consequences 4th Jan 2011 01:37
Blues boss Roy Keane says he will have to accept the consequences if his best endeavours prove not to be good enough for Town owner Marcus Evans and chief executive Simon Clegg. The Blues are only three points away from the relegation zone after yesterday’s 1-0 home defeat to Keane’s first English club Nottingham Forest. 72

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

This interview is reminiscent of Keane right at the end. on 07:48 - Feb 17 with 1530 views3_5_2

This interview is reminiscent of Keane right at the end. on 22:04 - Feb 16 by Churchman

That is the worry. He is a good businessman who knows feck all about football and is not even a town fan. Emotion won’t stop him the day itfc have no worth to his business he may well walk away.

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

This interview is reminiscent of Keane right at the end. on 08:27 - Feb 17 with 1448 viewsairliner

This interview is reminiscent of Keane right at the end. on 07:48 - Feb 17 by 3_5_2

That is the worry. He is a good businessman who knows feck all about football and is not even a town fan. Emotion won’t stop him the day itfc have no worth to his business he may well walk away.

Lambert looked like he was not that well. He looks a broken person. Evans should just agree a deal to get him to leave and caretaker manager in ASAP .
This interview is reminiscent of Keane right at the end. on 08:37 - Feb 17 with 1411 viewschicoazul

I’d like to know what all these managers who get sacked by Evans really mean .
I have no time whatsoever for Evans and his unique in football combination of bad luck and incompetence. But surely if for instance his Manager said No Marcus let’s not spend XXX thousand on premier league loanee salaries but spend it on sports science or infrastructure or whatever instead, he would do it? And yet it seems they don’t do that.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024