Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cowley's odds drift for AFC Wimbledon Job 13:08 - Feb 9 with 1213 viewsTractorTom29

We can breathe a sigh of relief (for now), their odds have drifted massively in the last 24hrs. They were 11/8 on at one point, now sitting 4th favourites at 9/1. Looking like Mark Robinson will get the gig.

Hopefully they are still free for a few more weeks or so...and that ME gives them a call.
Cowley's odds drift for AFC Wimbledon Job on 13:10 - Feb 9 with 1182 viewsBluefish

Writing 11/8 on seems strange when you could just write 8/11

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Cowley's odds drift for AFC Wimbledon Job on 13:12 - Feb 9 with 1168 viewsTractorTom29

Cowley's odds drift for AFC Wimbledon Job on 13:10 - Feb 9 by Bluefish

Writing 11/8 on seems strange when you could just write 8/11

Gambling novice i'm afraid.

Still, good to see.
Cowley's odds drift for AFC Wimbledon Job on 13:57 - Feb 9 with 1054 viewsTractorTom29

Cowley's odds drift for AFC Wimbledon Job on 13:12 - Feb 9 by TractorTom29

Gambling novice i'm afraid.

Still, good to see.

Also, just seen this...

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/cowley-brothers-will-not-pursue-afc-wimbledon-man
Cowley's odds drift for AFC Wimbledon Job on 15:34 - Feb 9 with 965 viewsEireannach_gorm

Cowley's odds drift for AFC Wimbledon Job on 13:57 - Feb 9 by TractorTom29

Also, just seen this...

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/cowley-brothers-will-not-pursue-afc-wimbledon-man

' But the Cowleys are thought to be prepared to wait for another crack in the Championship or a club which has the potential to be at that level in the forseeable future.'

Thats us out then.
Cowley's odds drift for AFC Wimbledon Job on 16:02 - Feb 9 with 909 viewsRadlett_blue

Cowley's odds drift for AFC Wimbledon Job on 15:34 - Feb 9 by Eireannach_gorm

' But the Cowleys are thought to be prepared to wait for another crack in the Championship or a club which has the potential to be at that level in the forseeable future.'

Thats us out then.

Good. All they seem to have done is achieve some limited success in the lower leagues, playing fairly agricultural football. Paul Hurst was better qualified on paper to manage Town & that worked well, didn't it?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Cowley's odds drift for AFC Wimbledon Job on 16:09 - Feb 9 with 890 viewsportmanking

Cowley's odds drift for AFC Wimbledon Job on 16:02 - Feb 9 by Radlett_blue

Good. All they seem to have done is achieve some limited success in the lower leagues, playing fairly agricultural football. Paul Hurst was better qualified on paper to manage Town & that worked well, didn't it?

You're doing them such a disservice, and you know it.
Cowley's odds drift for AFC Wimbledon Job on 16:20 - Feb 9 with 860 viewsTractorTom29

Cowley's odds drift for AFC Wimbledon Job on 16:02 - Feb 9 by Radlett_blue

I think that's harsh, worked within their limitations at Lincoln, harshly treated at Huddersfield.

Would be a gamble of some sort for sure, all managerial appointments are, however not much there isn't much else out there and would go a long way to creating a better feel around the club.
Cowley's odds drift for AFC Wimbledon Job on 17:52 - Feb 9 with 795 viewsmonty_radio

Cowley's odds drift for AFC Wimbledon Job on 15:34 - Feb 9 by Eireannach_gorm

Thats us out then.

True - tho' it's what THEY might forsee that would count in the event of them washing up here.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Login to get fewer ads

Cowley's odds drift for AFC Wimbledon Job on 17:58 - Feb 9 with 769 viewsRadlett_blue

Cowley's odds drift for AFC Wimbledon Job on 17:52 - Feb 9 by monty_radio

True - tho' it's what THEY might forsee that would count in the event of them washing up here.

Not really. Evans has only fired managers after they have shown themselves to be truly incompetent. He has also let them manage & given them reasonable backing. Town won't attract a top manager, but yes, gambling on an up & coming manager (like Hurst but hopefully not like Hurst) is probably our best option & more palatable to me than the tired re-treads like Ian Holloway. I saw Lambert as in that category.
Lambert's here until this season is confirmed as a write off anyway.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Cowley's odds drift for AFC Wimbledon Job on 18:07 - Feb 9 with 738 viewsmonty_radio

Cowley's odds drift for AFC Wimbledon Job on 17:58 - Feb 9 by Radlett_blue

Not really. Evans has only fired managers after they have shown themselves to be truly incompetent. He has also let them manage & given them reasonable backing. Town won't attract a top manager, but yes, gambling on an up & coming manager (like Hurst but hopefully not like Hurst) is probably our best option & more palatable to me than the tired re-treads like Ian Holloway. I saw Lambert as in that category.
Lambert's here until this season is confirmed as a write off anyway.

I don't understand your "not really" in respect of my own comment? Sure, P.L. probably won't get the sack unless a game like tonight's goes really badly, but the Cowley's use of "forseeable" would surely amount to their own vision of what they personally felt they could achieve within the given constraints? Certainly, if they didn't like the hand they were being offered, they'd have the sense not to take it on.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Cowley's odds drift for AFC Wimbledon Job on 18:14 - Feb 9 with 720 viewsTieDyedIn95

Hopefully not, we don't need another appointment where the managers haven't played top level football let alone got promoted from a professional football league while managing like we had with Hurst. We need a more qualified management team to turn this mess around, not fairytale, they beat us in the cup once nonsense. They failed at Huddersfield, they play terrible football, they are not any good.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024