Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cavani ban 16:33 - Dec 31 with 4338 viewsTheonlywayisup

What a joke. Embarrassing. It was dialogue between him and a friend and not offensive in the slightest where they come from. Any snowflake somehow offended by it don't look at it.... I'm offended by the ban....
Cavani ban on 16:35 - Dec 31 with 3020 viewsSpruceMoose

Yeah. Everyone knows that the person who gets to decide if the thing is offensive or not is the person who said it.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Cavani ban on 16:35 - Dec 31 with 3018 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If it was a private dialogue between friends and the friend was not offended, you have to ask why the friend chose to make it public on social media really.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Cavani ban on 16:37 - Dec 31 with 3003 viewsJ2BLUE

What did he say?

Apparently he chose not to contest the charge to support the anti racism movement and held his hands up that it may have caused offence over here. Fair play to him.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Cavani ban on 16:38 - Dec 31 with 2990 viewsHerbivore

It was posted on social media and was a racist term. The only snowflake here is the one melting at someone facing consequences for their actions.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Cavani ban on 16:38 - Dec 31 with 2990 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Are you also offended by the reaction of black players to a 4th official using it to describe one of them?

I agree the intent was not racist, however, these players need to recognise what is and is not acceptable.

Cavani ban on 16:41 - Dec 31 with 2972 viewsbluelagos

Cavani ban on 16:37 - Dec 31 by J2BLUE

What did he say?

Apparently he chose not to contest the charge to support the anti racism movement and held his hands up that it may have caused offence over here. Fair play to him.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-8999161/Edinson-Cavani-faci

You can see it here.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Cavani ban on 16:50 - Dec 31 with 2916 viewsBlueBadger

Which part of idiots facing consequences for their actions and holding their hands up and going 'yep dropped a b0llock there, won't do it again' is upsetting you the most?
[Post edited 31 Dec 2020 17:47]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Cavani ban on 16:50 - Dec 31 with 2919 viewsJ2BLUE

Cavani ban on 16:41 - Dec 31 by bluelagos

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-8999161/Edinson-Cavani-faci

You can see it here.

Ahh. Well that's not good. The similarity to the Suarez incident which he must have heard about doesn't help his case really.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Cavani ban on 16:52 - Dec 31 with 2909 viewschrismakin

Cavani ban on 16:50 - Dec 31 by J2BLUE

Ahh. Well that's not good. The similarity to the Suarez incident which he must have heard about doesn't help his case really.

Bizarre being compared to it though completely different context

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Cavani ban on 16:53 - Dec 31 with 2897 viewsJ2BLUE

Cavani ban on 16:52 - Dec 31 by chrismakin

Bizarre being compared to it though completely different context

Not if you read Suarez's comments. Same context.

I get that it's not offensive over there and Cavani didn't 'mean it' but can see why he's been hit quite hard as it has to be challenged.

Truly impaired.

Cavani ban on 17:06 - Dec 31 with 2833 viewsTheonlywayisup

What he said is perfectly acceptable where he comes from. If we are happy to accept players from all over the world there should be some scope for them behave how they have for all their lives. I have black friends and his comments didn't offend them in the slightest. In fact everyone you speak to in person about these type of things 100% of them always think the sanctions are stupid. Yet online people like to have different opions. It's weird.
Cavani ban on 17:07 - Dec 31 with 2833 viewsBlueBadger

Cavani ban on 17:06 - Dec 31 by Theonlywayisup

What he said is perfectly acceptable where he comes from. If we are happy to accept players from all over the world there should be some scope for them behave how they have for all their lives. I have black friends and his comments didn't offend them in the slightest. In fact everyone you speak to in person about these type of things 100% of them always think the sanctions are stupid. Yet online people like to have different opions. It's weird.

Wow, I've nearly filled an 'excuses for racism' bingo card. I just need 'people are far too offended these days' for a line.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2020 17:07]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Cavani ban on 17:09 - Dec 31 with 2798 viewsHerbivore

You snowflakes, getting offended at a footballer getting a suspension for using a racist term. What is this world coming to? Only a snowflake would get upset about a footballer getting a suspension for something like this.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Cavani ban on 17:10 - Dec 31 with 2800 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So you are offended by the black players getting upset by a 4th official using the term.

Why are they not counted as part of your 100% (or, indeed all the people who have replied to your post or the FA board members who have taken this action, or Cavani who apologised and did not contest the charge)? Almost like your 100% is you and possibly a few mates.

Cavani ban on 17:11 - Dec 31 with 2772 viewschrismakin

Cavani ban on 17:07 - Dec 31 by BlueBadger

Wow, I've nearly filled an 'excuses for racism' bingo card. I just need 'people are far too offended these days' for a line.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2020 17:07]

Genuine question.

How does that offend someone exactly?

I understand the reference and the meaning it represents. However what I dont understand is how it can offend when its between friends. Its acceptable in his country and not a derogatory word and the same word is used throughout the world between friends alot.

Genuinely dont understand where the offence comes into it in comparison to someone using the word in a derogatory way and knowingly to.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Cavani ban on 17:15 - Dec 31 with 2748 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Cavani ban on 17:11 - Dec 31 by chrismakin

Genuine question.

I understand the reference and the meaning it represents. However what I dont understand is how it can offend when its between friends. Its acceptable in his country and not a derogatory word and the same word is used throughout the world between friends alot.

Genuinely dont understand where the offence comes into it in comparison to someone using the word in a derogatory way and knowingly to.

It was a public conversation in public. Had it been a private conversation in private and the individual was genuinely OK with it we would not know about it.

Genuine question.

What gives you the right to determine that those who reported it as offensive should not be offended by it, especially since you "understand the reference and the meaning it represents"?

Cavani ban on 17:16 - Dec 31 with 2740 viewschrismakin

Cavani ban on 17:10 - Dec 31 by Nthsuffolkblue

So you are offended by the black players getting upset by a 4th official using the term.

Why are they not counted as part of your 100% (or, indeed all the people who have replied to your post or the FA board members who have taken this action, or Cavani who apologised and did not contest the charge)? Almost like your 100% is you and possibly a few mates.

Different scenario this one though

Cavani was thanking his friend.

Cavani ban on 17:18 - Dec 31 with 2712 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Cavani ban on 17:16 - Dec 31 by chrismakin

Different scenario this one though

Cavani was thanking his friend.

Not that much different. It was in a public exchange rather than in private.

Had it been a private conversation in private and the individual was genuinely OK with it we would not know about it.

Genuine question.

What gives you the right to determine that those who reported it as offensive should not be offended by it, especially since you "understand the reference and the meaning it represents"?
[Post edited 31 Dec 2020 17:19]

Cavani ban on 17:20 - Dec 31 with 2694 viewsSpruceMoose

Maybe your 'mates' just tell you what you want to hear so you go away and leave them alone.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Cavani ban on 17:20 - Dec 31 with 2698 viewschrismakin

Cavani ban on 17:15 - Dec 31 by Nthsuffolkblue

It was a public conversation in public. Had it been a private conversation in private and the individual was genuinely OK with it we would not know about it.

Genuine question.

I'm not determining anything. Was asking a question.

Cavani ban on 17:24 - Dec 31 with 2689 viewstractordownsouth

Cavani has decided not to appeal the ban and has apologised for actions, which implies that he thinks the punishment is fair. The only one kicking up a stink is you.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Cavani ban on 17:29 - Dec 31 with 2665 viewsMrTown

I understand Cavani didn’t ‘mean’ it, and I don’t think he used it in a derogatory way, was actually saying ‘thank you’ to a friend and then used the word.

I read an article from Gus Poyet, where he did say the word means some form of affection in that part of the world.

Needed a ban on principle, but more importantly needs education about the culture is this ‘part of the world’.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Cavani ban on 17:32 - Dec 31 with 2636 viewsBlueBadger

Cavani ban on 17:11 - Dec 31 by chrismakin

Genuine question.

If I'm having a conversation in public and I'm using offensive, racist terms, chances are, I'm probably going to offend someone.

Basically, if you want to be a bit of a dick, don't do it in public.

Cavani ban on 17:34 - Dec 31 with 2626 viewsvapour_trail

Cavani ban on 17:32 - Dec 31 by BlueBadger

If I'm having a conversation in public and I'm using offensive, racist terms, chances are, I'm probably going to offend someone.

Basically, if you want to be a bit of a dick, don't do it in public.

Think you’re being unfair on Cavani who, as others have highlighted has shown genuine willingness to accept the charge and make amends.

Not the op though.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Cavani ban on 17:43 - Dec 31 with 2579 viewsBlueBadger

Cavani ban on 17:34 - Dec 31 by vapour_trail

Think you’re being unfair on Cavani who, as others have highlighted has shown genuine willingness to accept the charge and make amends.

Not the op though.

There is that, in all fairness.

Cavani has held his hands up and gone 'yeah, dropped a b0llock there, sorry' rather than doubling down, which I think is what's REALLY upsetting the OP.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024