Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Oven-ready" - 04:44 - Dec 10 with 7549 viewsRyorry

Still in the freezer then

Or maybe not even that advanced -

[Post edited 10 Dec 2020 5:34]

Poll: Time of the annunciation

"Oven-ready" - on 13:39 - Dec 13 with 678 viewsbluelagos

"Oven-ready" - on 13:33 - Dec 13 by giant_stow

What you've laid out there is probably why a deal will only happen if the EU make some serious concessions. I can't see Boris backing down far now.

Just for clarity, I'm saying that's right or wrong just where we are.

They'll fudge it - they always do.

We get a free trade deal but basically have to conform to the EU rules. We end up with a shed load of paperwork for moving goods across the border. We lose all our rights to go and live and work in the EU.

The Tory right are happy 'cos we can limit European migration. We can also do deals with 3rd countries to try and mitigate against some of the lost business / trade our new arrangements will incur.

And we get blue passports.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

"Oven-ready" - on 13:42 - Dec 13 with 666 viewsgiant_stow

"Oven-ready" - on 13:39 - Dec 13 by bluelagos

They'll fudge it - they always do.

We get a free trade deal but basically have to conform to the EU rules. We end up with a shed load of paperwork for moving goods across the border. We lose all our rights to go and live and work in the EU.

The Tory right are happy 'cos we can limit European migration. We can also do deals with 3rd countries to try and mitigate against some of the lost business / trade our new arrangements will incur.

And we get blue passports.

I guess that's more likely, but I just wonder if the Tories have come too far to take that.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

"Oven-ready" - on 13:47 - Dec 13 with 648 viewsbluelagos

"Oven-ready" - on 13:42 - Dec 13 by giant_stow

I guess that's more likely, but I just wonder if the Tories have come too far to take that.

It's bluster imho. The breakup of the union would become probable if we went that route. You think BJ wants to be the PM who oversaw that?

A deal is in everyone's interests at the end of the day, especially ours.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

"Oven-ready" - on 13:47 - Dec 13 with 645 viewsgordon

"Oven-ready" - on 09:23 - Dec 13 by GlasgowBlue

There seems to be a lack of compromise from either side. nd compromise in in the best interests of the UK and the EU.

It's quite sad to see the hard core brexiteers treating the EU like the enemy and only seeing fault with the other side, whilst equally sad to see the hard core remainers only see fault on the side of our government.

And that goes for people on here. Perhaps Ullaa being the only exception.

That's one of the least self-aware posts I've ever seen on here, and I've seen a few!
"Oven-ready" - on 13:48 - Dec 13 with 643 viewsGlasgowBlue

The fact that they have agreed to carry on would suggest that there has been some movement on either one or both sides. Otherwise what's the point?

I read that the EU has dropped its demand for a ratchet clause to impose lightening tariffs for LPF divergence.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

"Oven-ready" - on 13:54 - Dec 13 with 632 viewsgiant_stow

"Oven-ready" - on 13:48 - Dec 13 by GlasgowBlue

The fact that they have agreed to carry on would suggest that there has been some movement on either one or both sides. Otherwise what's the point?

I read that the EU has dropped its demand for a ratchet clause to impose lightening tariffs for LPF divergence.

That would help a lot if true, i spose.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

"Oven-ready" - on 13:55 - Dec 13 with 625 viewsRyorry

It'd take someone of real stature & diplomacy to work a face-saving way out of this for johnson & the tories - can't see anyone around ...

I did like Tusk as EU President tho - he seemed to genuinely care about the UK & its citizens in a way that this current shower of sh1te masquerading as a government never have.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

"Oven-ready" - on 14:09 - Dec 13 with 613 viewsHerbivore

"Oven-ready" - on 13:08 - Dec 13 by GlasgowBlue

I think that's a fair comment. Starmer has said he will whip labour into voting for a deal so the pressure is off Johnson to appease the ERG. So he has every reason to compromise in the interests of the country.

I'll ask you a similar question. And are the EU negotiating in the best interests of it's member states or are they determined that the UK cannot be seen to succeed outside of the EU.

Are they negotiating with the UK in the same way they would Canada or any other third party nation or are they negotiating with us in a more punitive fashion because we voted to leave?

Barnier's mandate comes from the member states, so yes they've been negotiating in the interests of their member states.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

"Oven-ready" - on 14:21 - Dec 13 with 595 viewsJ2BLUE

"Oven-ready" - on 13:55 - Dec 13 by Ryorry

It'd take someone of real stature & diplomacy to work a face-saving way out of this for johnson & the tories - can't see anyone around ...

I did like Tusk as EU President tho - he seemed to genuinely care about the UK & its citizens in a way that this current shower of sh1te masquerading as a government never have.

We should be given the opportunity to vote it down.

If you order something from Amazon and it's nothing like what was described you send it back. Yet we can't have a confirmation vote on something this big?

It's madness.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

"Oven-ready" - on 14:22 - Dec 13 with 594 viewsgordon

"Oven-ready" - on 14:09 - Dec 13 by Herbivore

Barnier's mandate comes from the member states, so yes they've been negotiating in the interests of their member states.

No, that can't be right, surely it's in their best interests to do what we want them to do?
"Oven-ready" - on 14:40 - Dec 13 with 564 viewsHARRY10

"Oven-ready" - on 14:21 - Dec 13 by J2BLUE

We should be given the opportunity to vote it down.

If you order something from Amazon and it's nothing like what was described you send it back. Yet we can't have a confirmation vote on something this big?

It's madness.

remind us who fought so hard to block Parliament having a final say

and the idea of having a referendum on the deal is absurd, if only for logistical reasons

and it should be borne in mind all the current problems are what were warned about prior to this
"Oven-ready" - on 14:50 - Dec 13 with 552 viewsgordon

"Oven-ready" - on 14:40 - Dec 13 by HARRY10

and the idea of having a referendum on the deal is absurd, if only for logistical reasons

and it should be borne in mind all the current problems are what were warned about prior to this

Yes, the vote for Brexit was a vote for precisely this situation - people were warned repeatedly, but chose to trust the likes of Johnson, Hannan, Gove, Farage etc rather than people who knew what they were talking about.
"Oven-ready" - on 14:52 - Dec 13 with 544 viewsfooters

"Oven-ready" - on 14:50 - Dec 13 by gordon

Yes, the vote for Brexit was a vote for precisely this situation - people were warned repeatedly, but chose to trust the likes of Johnson, Hannan, Gove, Farage etc rather than people who knew what they were talking about.

It really is mad to think all of this could have been so easily avoided if Cameron had a backbone. And the Tories still haven't learnt that pandering to these people is not the road to go down. Complete madness.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

"Oven-ready" - on 14:55 - Dec 13 with 530 viewsJ2BLUE

"Oven-ready" - on 14:40 - Dec 13 by HARRY10

Disagree with your second point. This is the deal, are you happy with it or do you want to stay? It's pretty simple.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

"Oven-ready" - on 15:00 - Dec 13 with 510 viewsHerbivore

"Oven-ready" - on 14:55 - Dec 13 by J2BLUE

Disagree with your second point. This is the deal, are you happy with it or do you want to stay? It's pretty simple.

We can't stay now though, we've already left.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

"Oven-ready" - on 15:02 - Dec 13 with 507 viewsDarth_Koont

"Oven-ready" - on 12:24 - Dec 13 by Darth_Koont

What’s your definition of a Soft Brexit? I don’t remember you pitching that at all.

Still waiting to hear about that Soft Brexit you say you were advocating.

It’s hard to get away from the idea that, like the Government and the Tory party, you’re making it up as you go along.

Pronouns: He/Him

"Oven-ready" - on 15:03 - Dec 13 with 503 viewsgordon

"Oven-ready" - on 14:52 - Dec 13 by footers

It really is mad to think all of this could have been so easily avoided if Cameron had a backbone. And the Tories still haven't learnt that pandering to these people is not the road to go down. Complete madness.

Yes, the sheer, utter stupidity of Brexit should never be forgotten or overlooked - it was a vote for the nation to set out on a course with no plan whatsoever, led by people who had absolutely no idea what they were talking about.

The revisionist attempts to say 'ah but my Brexit would have been fine' or to blame the EU, or remainers, or anything/anyone else should be treated with the utmost contempt.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024