Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Depressing, isn't it?! 10:44 - Nov 11 with 2048 viewsFixed_It

No. Not Lockdown. Not even the football particularly.
Mainly the constant sniping, bitterness, unrealistic expectations, negativity, blame game, scapegoating, unjust criticism (yes, some of it is justified in certain contexts), rabble rousing, bandwagon jumping and agenda-driven bile.
OK - we are not happy that our great Club is now a Third Division team. And we all want better. But Jeez, sometimes it is best just to chill out and don't let it eat you up to the extent that it seems to be doing to some people.
It's enough to drive people away from the board to be honest. I've been thinking of calling it a day myself, but realise that I will be drawn back in so probably best not flounce off only to sneak back in and hope that nobody has noticed!
Just look at the table and realise that we are well-placed. The next few games will tell us far more than a defeat in the Pizza Cup with a bunch of kids. If we fail to make inroads in those next few games, then maybe it will be time to change. But let's just see what happens when it really matters.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2020 10:56]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Depressing, isn't it?! on 07:33 - Nov 12 with 154 viewsTractorJack

Obviously learnt nothing from last year if we're saying 'just look at the table' after 11 games.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024