Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
And this is why we need to not get get carried away by the Pfizer 06:43 - Nov 10 with 1158 viewshomer_123

vaccine news from yesterday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-54883383

All of this is being undertaken at such a pace there are inevitably going to be issues.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

And this is why we need to not get get carried away by the Pfizer on 08:56 - Nov 10 with 994 viewsSonOfSpock

The news yesterday about Pfizer gave me some cautious optimism but as a layman I still cant get my head around how a vaccine could be produced in a matter of months, and go through enough testing to be deemed safe.

Questions spring to mind such as : how long does the vaccine last? Does it prevent transmission? What are the long term side affects?

The final question is my biggest concern. Utlimately, I wont be having it as I am not in the age or an at-risk group, but I am worried that there could be a lot of unwitting guinea pigs having the jab in good faith and we're not fully aware of the repercussions.

From what I understand havnt some of the Pharma companies been given some kind of indemnity in case something does go wrong?
And this is why we need to not get get carried away by the Pfizer on 11:31 - Nov 10 with 918 viewsSarge

It’s not exactly a shock that something Chinese-made is of crappy quality. I’d have considerably more faith in the Pfizer & AstraZeneca trials.
And this is why we need to not get get carried away by the Pfizer on 11:36 - Nov 10 with 897 viewsSouperJim

And this is why we need to not get get carried away by the Pfizer on 11:31 - Nov 10 by Sarge

It’s not exactly a shock that something Chinese-made is of crappy quality. I’d have considerably more faith in the Pfizer & AstraZeneca trials.

Hi Donald

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

And this is why we need to not get get carried away by the Pfizer on 11:38 - Nov 10 with 876 viewsElderGrizzly

And this is why we need to not get get carried away by the Pfizer on 08:56 - Nov 10 by SonOfSpock

The news yesterday about Pfizer gave me some cautious optimism but as a layman I still cant get my head around how a vaccine could be produced in a matter of months, and go through enough testing to be deemed safe.

Questions spring to mind such as : how long does the vaccine last? Does it prevent transmission? What are the long term side affects?

The final question is my biggest concern. Utlimately, I wont be having it as I am not in the age or an at-risk group, but I am worried that there could be a lot of unwitting guinea pigs having the jab in good faith and we're not fully aware of the repercussions.

From what I understand havnt some of the Pharma companies been given some kind of indemnity in case something does go wrong?

The biggest issue with the Pfizer vaccine is it needs to be stored at -80c.

GP surgeries simply don't have the facilities, so we will need to set up a temporary infrastructure to support the vaccine delivery.

Serco anyone? :(
And this is why we need to not get get carried away by the Pfizer on 11:43 - Nov 10 with 866 viewsStokieBlue

I missed this post yesterday.

So a few things to consider here:

- It's not uncommon for some people to have a reaction to a vaccine, what is important is what that reaction is and how often it's likely to occur.

- The Pfizer vaccine was tested on 44,000 people with no recorded adverse reactions.

- The Oxford vaccine trial was halted due to an adverse reaction but it turned out to be within the group receiving the placebo so it was restarted.

- For "at-risk" groups there will likely be a threshold where the adverse reactions if they occur are far, far less likely than dying of the disease if you get it. This is the case for something like measles where the chance dying from measles if you actually contract it is far higher than getting an adverse reaction.

You are of course totally correct that the vaccine (and all others) should undergo the proper process and peer review. There is also of course some urgency though given the situation. The only country which seems to be ignoring the process and totally skipping some of the stages is Russia so probably best to give their vaccines a wide berth even if Putin says they are "effective".

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

And this is why we need to not get get carried away by the Pfizer on 11:44 - Nov 10 with 860 viewsArnieM

The cynic in me thinks China deliberately started this man made CoVid , to allow them to develop and sell ( ahead of the rest of the World), a Vaccine to combat it . Sounds unlikely I know , but I wouldn't put anything past that nation.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

And this is why we need to not get get carried away by the Pfizer on 11:48 - Nov 10 with 846 viewsStokieBlue

And this is why we need to not get get carried away by the Pfizer on 11:44 - Nov 10 by ArnieM

The cynic in me thinks China deliberately started this man made CoVid , to allow them to develop and sell ( ahead of the rest of the World), a Vaccine to combat it . Sounds unlikely I know , but I wouldn't put anything past that nation.

Don't you think we are a little be past stupid conspiracy theories now?

It's all too Trumpian and hopefully we are out of that era as well.

SB

And this is why we need to not get get carried away by the Pfizer on 11:51 - Nov 10 with 843 viewshype313

And this is why we need to not get get carried away by the Pfizer on 11:44 - Nov 10 by ArnieM

Given they are way behind the others , the fact that they have had to halt trials and the fact that the others are non for profit kinda kills that argument.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

And this is why we need to not get get carried away by the Pfizer on 11:51 - Nov 10 with 843 viewsBarcaBlue

Cynic or completely misinformed? Neither Pfizer or Oxford are Chinese owned as far as I know
And this is why we need to not get get carried away by the Pfizer on 12:38 - Nov 10 with 792 viewsArnieM

And this is why we need to not get get carried away by the Pfizer on 11:51 - Nov 10 by BarcaBlue

Cynic or completely misinformed? Neither Pfizer or Oxford are Chinese owned as far as I know

I didn't say these organisation were owned by the Chinese..... because clearly they are not . But my point was merely that Id not put anything past the Chinese as they look to make themselves a world leading economy . Just suggesting it that's all. No need for so many on here to get their knickers in a twist. Its a forum for discussion and comments isn't it ?

NB : they're even using an untested vaccine on their own peoples, so certainly have no morals or scruples.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2020 12:44]

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

And this is why we need to not get get carried away by the Pfizer on 13:09 - Nov 10 with 746 viewsStokieBlue

And this is why we need to not get get carried away by the Pfizer on 12:38 - Nov 10 by ArnieM

I didn't say these organisation were owned by the Chinese..... because clearly they are not . But my point was merely that Id not put anything past the Chinese as they look to make themselves a world leading economy . Just suggesting it that's all. No need for so many on here to get their knickers in a twist. Its a forum for discussion and comments isn't it ?

NB : they're even using an untested vaccine on their own peoples, so certainly have no morals or scruples.

But you are putting something out there without any evidence. How would you feel if someone made a wild statement about you without any evidence?

It's just incredibly unhelpful.

SB

And this is why we need to not get get carried away by the Pfizer on 13:18 - Nov 10 with 717 viewsJ2BLUE

Have a day off mate. You've been nothing but negative since this started. Just enjoy some hope. We know there aren't any guarantees.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

And this is why we need to not get get carried away by the Pfizer on 13:19 - Nov 10 with 716 viewsBarcaBlue

And this is why we need to not get get carried away by the Pfizer on 12:38 - Nov 10 by ArnieM

My knickers have never been more untwisted. I haven't seen anything reputable to suggest that Covid was artificially manufactured in China or that Chinese pharma companies were included in the press releases yesterday. I have seen you suggesting stuff which appears to be baseless.
And this is why we need to not get get carried away by the Pfizer on 13:48 - Nov 10 with 679 viewsHerbivore

And this is why we need to not get get carried away by the Pfizer on 13:09 - Nov 10 by StokieBlue

But you are putting something out there without any evidence. How would you feel if someone made a wild statement about you without any evidence?

It's just incredibly unhelpful.

SB

Let's call it what it is: it's bigotry.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024