Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nsiala 17:13 - Aug 19 with 6290 viewshype313

I actually think there is a player in there, happy to be shot down, but I think if he can get some confidence he could do a job for us this season.

Anyone agree, or are most happy to bin him off?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Nsiala on 10:23 - Aug 20 with 552 viewsJoHnNnY

In a way i feel for him and would like to agree with you.

BUT.... When Nsiala has confidence, he’s actually more liable to dive / charge in - or try something beyond his capabilities at this level, much like when he arrived.

Love his passion, he’s a trier... but unfortunately with the age and wage cap thing going on that experienced slot could be used on a much better option. (such as will be proved in Ward i believe)

Can we just play some attractive football please?
Poll: Who would like to see a return of the previous badge design?

Nsiala on 10:36 - Aug 20 with 534 viewsHerbivore

Nsiala on 10:14 - Aug 20 by Garv

What's wrong with playing a different system for a one off game if it gets you a result, which it should have and almost did? I don't condone what he did after that because, as I mentioned above, some of it was just unbelievable.

Because at that point in his tenure it shouldn't have been about one off games. It wasn't a cup tie. He was meant to be building a side to play his way and to try to get them to gel. Instead he abandoned that and picked a team out of a hat, which he continued to do for another 6 weeks until he got sacked for being hopeless. It was one of the early clear signs that his days were numbered.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Nsiala on 13:04 - Aug 20 with 505 viewsBlueBadger

Nsiala on 08:33 - Aug 20 by Garv

With a run of games and confidence I imagine him doing a job, but at the moment he's not in with a shout of starting games and he doesn't seem a player who can come in from the cold and be trusted to be solid.

To remember him as a complete donkey isn't entirely fair I don't think. I still remember the Swansea 3-2 game in which he was immense.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2020 8:42]

Not a MASSIVE recommendation for him if his best game is one in which we conceded two and could have shipped a lot more though...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Nsiala on 13:17 - Aug 20 with 496 viewsGarv

Nsiala on 13:04 - Aug 20 by BlueBadger

Not a MASSIVE recommendation for him if his best game is one in which we conceded two and could have shipped a lot more though...

Wondered about the possibility of good defending preventing that happening? We were never under monumental pressure in that game anyway.

It's not a recommendation for him, it's just worth remembering that he's a good defender on his day. We overpaid for him, but there was still a reason we bought him. This fanatical obsession with making out that Toto Nsiala is stealing a living and should be playing Sunday league football just gets a bit tiresome.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Nsiala on 13:29 - Aug 20 with 487 viewsDarth_Koont

Nsiala on 13:17 - Aug 20 by Garv

Wondered about the possibility of good defending preventing that happening? We were never under monumental pressure in that game anyway.

It's not a recommendation for him, it's just worth remembering that he's a good defender on his day. We overpaid for him, but there was still a reason we bought him. This fanatical obsession with making out that Toto Nsiala is stealing a living and should be playing Sunday league football just gets a bit tiresome.

I agree on the whole about Nsiala and the fact that he came to the club at an awful time/he's not as awful as is often made out even with a few calamitous errors to his name.

But we were ripped apart in the first half and it should have been 4-0 to Swansea. I remember Nsiala put in a shift but collectively we didn't defend that well.

We got lucky, hung in there and scored from our limited opportunities forward. Because at the same time, Swansea were almost totally open at the back given how much they pushed onto us throughout.

Pronouns: He/Him

Nsiala on 13:38 - Aug 20 with 482 viewshype313

Nsiala on 13:17 - Aug 20 by Garv

Indeed, what I would really like to see is some decent coaching with him, tell him as much as he wants to protect at all costs, diving in constantly risks penalty's/cards etc, that can easily be coached into him.

He's had some bad performances, but I still see a player in there that could do a job, we are so good at just discarding players, in our position we can't just throw away and find someone else better without investment.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Nsiala on 17:55 - Aug 20 with 426 viewstractorboy1978

Nsiala on 13:38 - Aug 20 by hype313

Indeed, what I would really like to see is some decent coaching with him, tell him as much as he wants to protect at all costs, diving in constantly risks penalty's/cards etc, that can easily be coached into him.

He's had some bad performances, but I still see a player in there that could do a job, we are so good at just discarding players, in our position we can't just throw away and find someone else better without investment.

He's 28 and played over 250 games, I'm pretty sure a coach or two in his time has tried to stop him diving in and being rash.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024