Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Palestinian lives matter too. 08:43 - Jun 2 with 935 viewsEpiphone

Amidst all the understandable anger over the killing of George Floyd this slips through almost unnoticed

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-52876014
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 8:43]
Palestinian lives matter too. on 12:33 - Jun 2 with 831 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Everyone’s Life Matters!
Palestinian lives matter too. on 12:50 - Jun 2 with 800 viewsmonytowbray

Palestinian lives matter too. on 12:33 - Jun 2 by BtreeBlueBlood

Everyone’s Life Matters!

Yeah but everyone isn’t being oppressed right now.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Palestinian lives matter too. on 13:12 - Jun 2 with 776 viewsSpruceMoose

Everyone’s Life Matters!

Do they though?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Palestinian lives matter too. on 13:31 - Jun 2 with 756 viewsjeera

Everyone’s Life Matters!

I keep seeing and hearing this as though it's a legitimate response.

My sister said it on the phone a few days ago and I have to say I am bemused why that's the first thing that pops into someone's head when they hear "Black Lives Matter."

White people don't tend to get targeted by law enforcement, or other nutters in general, thinking it's ok to shoot them because of their colour, so there's not much campaigning needed there. We already have that automatic protection.

It doesn't help to water this down by pointing out what we already know; that all lives matter.

What needs to be underlined time and again is the inequality some people face because of their colour.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 13:33]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Palestinian lives matter too. on 13:37 - Jun 2 with 742 viewsSpruceMoose

Palestinian lives matter too. on 13:31 - Jun 2 by jeera

I keep seeing and hearing this as though it's a legitimate response.

My sister said it on the phone a few days ago and I have to say I am bemused why that's the first thing that pops into someone's head when they hear "Black Lives Matter."

White people don't tend to get targeted by law enforcement, or other nutters in general, thinking it's ok to shoot them because of their colour, so there's not much campaigning needed there. We already have that automatic protection.

It doesn't help to water this down by pointing out what we already know; that all lives matter.

What needs to be underlined time and again is the inequality some people face because of their colour.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 13:33]

This 1000%.

AllLivesMatter is actually mainly used to counter BlackLivesMatter. It's rarely used in solidarity. America already caters to the safety of white people. It needs to start doing that for Black people too. That's why AllLivesMatter is offensive to many Black people. What BlackLiveMatter is saying is 'White people - Your life already matters, help me make mine count too."

You can be white and have had a hard life. The colour of your skin hasn't made it harder.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024