Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fa cup churchill funeral 10:37 - May 10 with 1060 viewsbushhillblue

Help guys I can remember going to churchills funeral procession in the morning then watching town get hammered 5 0 greaves hatrick I can find spurs team of that day can anyone tell me towns team please I'm hoin nuts thanks
Fa cup churchill funeral on 10:44 - May 10 with 1030 viewsPJH

Bevis
Davin
McNeil
Lea
Baxter
Thrower
Broadfoot
Hegan
Baker
Leadbetter
Brogan

Courtesy 'The Men Who Made The Town'
Fa cup churchill funeral on 13:41 - May 10 with 926 viewsWeWereZombies

Fa cup churchill funeral on 10:44 - May 10 by PJH

Bevis
Davin
McNeil
Lea
Baxter
Thrower
Broadfoot
Hegan
Baker
Leadbetter
Brogan

Joe Broadfoot, now there's a name for the 'players who are rarely mentioned' threads.

As are Bevis, Davin and Thrower - who I have never even heard of before. Though I can remember sitting under a tree by Castle Hill recreation ground with my best friend having the type of conversation that nine year olds would have about a state funeral on that afternoon.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Fa cup churchill funeral on 13:56 - May 10 with 914 viewsalsagerblue

Fa cup churchill funeral on 13:41 - May 10 by WeWereZombies

Joe Broadfoot, now there's a name for the 'players who are rarely mentioned' threads.

As are Bevis, Davin and Thrower - who I have never even heard of before. Though I can remember sitting under a tree by Castle Hill recreation ground with my best friend having the type of conversation that nine year olds would have about a state funeral on that afternoon.

I witnessed the funeral procession and saw the game in the afternoon.
Spurs were more used to playing on a beach!
Fa cup churchill funeral on 13:58 - May 10 with 906 viewsPecker

Greavsie. One of the most naturally gifted striker I ever did see. What a player.
Fa cup churchill funeral on 14:12 - May 10 with 886 viewsRadlett_blue

Fa cup churchill funeral on 10:44 - May 10 by PJH

Bevis
Davin
McNeil
Lea
Baxter
Thrower
Broadfoot
Hegan
Baker
Leadbetter
Brogan

I think this thumping was a clear sign that Ramsey's system had been well & truly rumbled, with Spurs pulling their full backs infield, alongside the centre half, leaving the wing halves to mark the wingers - in fact, rather like hockey formations of the 1960s and 1970s.
Oops - I'm confusing the 1965 FA Cup thumping with the 5-1 Charity Shield defeat to Spurs in 1962.
[Post edited 10 May 2020 14:18]

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Fa cup churchill funeral on 14:14 - May 10 with 875 viewsPJH

Fa cup churchill funeral on 13:41 - May 10 by WeWereZombies

Dave Bevis was a reserve or third choice keeper,Ken Hancock had arrived by then but was possibly cup tied as we got him from Port Vale.

Denis Thrower was a winghalf who played between 1956 and 1965 but never established as a regular first choice.

Joe Davin was one of many Jackie Milburn Scottish signings and was first choice RB for a while.
Fa cup churchill funeral on 16:48 - May 10 with 798 viewsBloomBlue

Fa cup churchill funeral on 14:12 - May 10 by Radlett_blue

I think this thumping was a clear sign that Ramsey's system had been well & truly rumbled, with Spurs pulling their full backs infield, alongside the centre half, leaving the wing halves to mark the wingers - in fact, rather like hockey formations of the 1960s and 1970s.
Oops - I'm confusing the 1965 FA Cup thumping with the 5-1 Charity Shield defeat to Spurs in 1962.
[Post edited 10 May 2020 14:18]

You confused me there Ias I was sure Sir Alf had already left Town when Churchill's funeral occurred.
Fa cup churchill funeral on 17:00 - May 10 with 789 viewsRadlett_blue

Fa cup churchill funeral on 16:48 - May 10 by BloomBlue

You confused me there Ias I was sure Sir Alf had already left Town when Churchill's funeral occurred.

Apologies. I think the shrewder managers had worked out how to deal with Ramsey's system by the next season & by March 1963 we were in great danger of relegation. Ramsey stayed on at Town despite having been announced as the new England manager, while I think we also had a lot of injuries that season.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024