Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
National league salaries 14:38 - May 7 with 761 viewsPablokuqi

Apparently there are players on £1000 per week at National League Tier 2 level.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/may/07/football-coronavirus-this-could

National league salaries on 14:56 - May 7 with 722 viewstractorboy1978

Doesn't surprise me considering the money I know some of our local sides are paying even lower down than that.
[Post edited 7 May 2020 14:57]
National league salaries on 15:53 - May 7 with 643 viewsChrisd

Shows why some players choose to stay in non league football if they get the chance to go professional in L1/2 it's just not financially worth it with their job salaries on top of what they are earning from football. It amazes me how many sides in non league are turning full time, not really sure how they can sustain it? Once the rich benefactor pulls the plug, it all goes pear shaped.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

National league salaries on 16:24 - May 7 with 607 viewsjontysnut

National league salaries on 14:56 - May 7 by tractorboy1978

Doesn't surprise me considering the money I know some of our local sides are paying even lower down than that.
[Post edited 7 May 2020 14:57]

yes I know clubs three leagues down from that who pay in the hundreds a week - not to all, but your club skipper, star striker etc. They probably don't take that much through the gate.
National league salaries on 16:32 - May 7 with 596 viewsOsborneOneNil

This makes more than good sense.....

'It would be welcome if the crisis led to big clubs deciding to go on fewer world tours and contesting more pre-season friendlies with local sides. A summer game against a Premier League or Championship team — with 2-3,000 at £15 per head — can make a huge difference.'

Rory Fitzgerald, Wealdstone chairman
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024