Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Missing the freedom of a leisurely drive through Ipswich? 19:41 - Apr 19 with 1622 viewsSarge

Got you covered. Stumbled across this on YouTube. I’m too young to really remember Ipswich in the 90s but I found this oddly satisfying to watch, to be able to look back at a completely different world in a very familiar place.

Missing the freedom of a leisurely drive through Ipswich? on 19:46 - Apr 19 with 1583 viewsgainsboroughblue

Even earlier one here.

Edit. Doesn't seem to link on here. Search on YT 'Slow drive Ipswich 1960s'
[Post edited 19 Apr 2020 19:54]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Missing the freedom of a leisurely drive through Ipswich? on 19:52 - Apr 19 with 1574 viewsPhilTWTD

Slightly bizarrely that starts at the flat I was living in at that time. Gave me a bit of a start when I began to watch it. Seems a friend of mine filmed it.
Missing the freedom of a leisurely drive through Ipswich? on 10:11 - Apr 20 with 1295 viewsSarge

Missing the freedom of a leisurely drive through Ipswich? on 19:46 - Apr 19 by gainsboroughblue

Even earlier one here.

Edit. Doesn't seem to link on here. Search on YT 'Slow drive Ipswich 1960s'
[Post edited 19 Apr 2020 19:54]

Here’s the sped up version which makes it seem a little less eerie. Unfortunately it’s sped up too much so change the playback speed to 0.25 and we’re about there

Missing the freedom of a leisurely drive through Ipswich? on 14:40 - Apr 20 with 1180 viewsronnyd

The yard the video started from looks very like the premises that i got the auto gearbox on my Mk 2 Granada repaired. Or, does one yard look very much like any other?
Missing the freedom of a leisurely drive through Ipswich? on 16:16 - Apr 20 with 1099 viewsITFC_Forever

I going to say this is very late 90s or even early 00s.

Phil's mate is following a S reg car which needs a clean past The Regent, and there's a newer shape Clio shortly after, and they came out around 1998.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2020 17:59]

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Missing the freedom of a leisurely drive through Ipswich? on 17:18 - Apr 20 with 1061 viewsEdwardStone

Anyone on here from Suffolk Constabulary?

One for the Historical Crimes Unit

That red Peugeot that he is following before turning into the Shell garage has a defective nearside stop light

That has got to be worth chasing up, surely?
Missing the freedom of a leisurely drive through Ipswich? on 17:22 - Apr 20 with 1052 viewsAce_High1

Missing the freedom of a leisurely drive through Ipswich? on 16:16 - Apr 20 by ITFC_Forever

I going to say this is very late 90s or even early 00s.

Phil's mate is following a S reg car which needs a clean past The Regent, and there's a newer shape Clio shortly after, and they came out around 1998.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2020 17:59]

For some reason I like these videos looking back on how different the town was even 20 years ago. Also looking at how vehicle technology has come on in the last two decades!
Missing the freedom of a leisurely drive through Ipswich? on 18:03 - Apr 20 with 1017 viewsmonytowbray

There’s a Portsmouth one from the early 80s which is pretty mad.

Amazing these were shot at the time mostly to play about with a camera with no intent of being viewed by thousands.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Login to get fewer ads

Missing the freedom of a leisurely drive through Ipswich? on 19:20 - Apr 20 with 964 viewsPhilTWTD

Missing the freedom of a leisurely drive through Ipswich? on 14:40 - Apr 20 by ronnyd

The yard the video started from looks very like the premises that i got the auto gearbox on my Mk 2 Granada repaired. Or, does one yard look very much like any other?

Might have been next door you got your car repaired, bloke next door used to be a mechanic.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024