Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick sure did hold us together 19:24 - Mar 7 with 8624 viewsr2d2

Shows how much Mick kept us safely in the championship with no money. That man did wonders when you see the shambles now. I bet the numbskulls feel stupid now. How the hell being in this league is better beats me. But some believed it was. Unbelievable.
Mick sure did hold us together on 06:58 - Mar 8 with 2443 viewsnorthants

Mick sure did hold us together on 20:02 - Mar 7 by Basuco

But nobody would want to either pay to watch a MM side, of watch more than two or three MM games. Better than watching a side permanently stuck to the foot of the prem tho.

People who moaned about Mick's style (and hounded him out leading to our demise) fail to see that his style of football was matched to our funding and hence the type of player he needed to bring in to ensure our championship survival.
He really was marvellous for our club given the serious lack of investment.
Mick sure did hold us together on 07:27 - Mar 8 with 2416 viewsOxford_Blue

Mick sure did hold us together on 21:36 - Mar 7 by Keaneish

Of course but the fact is, he does have it in some capacity. To the same point as some other posts, he’s is vastly more wealthy now than he was ten years ago but we are in a much more desperate state. So the question is, why are his other businesses prospering but this is failing? The fact it’s a football club is irrelevant, it’s still a business which makes no money and has no successful metrics or KPIs to point to in a decade.

I’d argue there are ulterior motives for owning us. What they are now compared to what they may have been have drastically changed no doubt but he clearly doesn’t have the success of the football club at heart so what’s the point in him floating a loss making business if it doesn’t benefit him elsewhere?

He is not going to sell off his businesses that he’s built up over a lifetime (even assuming he could sell them and it was in the interests of his employees) to plough tens of millions into a football club with no guarantee of success having had his fingers burned before by Magilton, Keane and Jewell who wasted large sums. That’s totally unrealistic. And why should he? Why should one business take priority over the interests of the others and the thousands of employees in them?

It’s all well and good the fans telling Evans how to spend his money and what he should do to risk his cash. When are the supporters planning on doing anything remotely similar. How many fans are willing to put in £1000 or £5000 each?
Mick sure did hold us together on 07:32 - Mar 8 with 2406 viewsblueconscience

Mick sure did hold us together on 07:27 - Mar 8 by Oxford_Blue

He is not going to sell off his businesses that he’s built up over a lifetime (even assuming he could sell them and it was in the interests of his employees) to plough tens of millions into a football club with no guarantee of success having had his fingers burned before by Magilton, Keane and Jewell who wasted large sums. That’s totally unrealistic. And why should he? Why should one business take priority over the interests of the others and the thousands of employees in them?

It’s all well and good the fans telling Evans how to spend his money and what he should do to risk his cash. When are the supporters planning on doing anything remotely similar. How many fans are willing to put in £1000 or £5000 each?

Do fans of clubs that do decide to invest in their squads have to contribute to the transfer fees like you are suggesting, if so, Interesting!!!

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Mick sure did hold us together on 07:41 - Mar 8 with 2400 viewsNo9

Maybe you should look at the league stats for the relevant seaons?
Unless you believe the table lies
Mick sure did hold us together on 07:42 - Mar 8 with 2399 viewsNo9

Mick sure did hold us together on 19:31 - Mar 7 by r2d2

If he spends 6 million. Its a figure put about. But no one knows what he really puts in. Probably half that.

You can, of course access the accounts to review
Mick sure did hold us together on 07:45 - Mar 8 with 2398 viewsOxford_Blue

Mick sure did hold us together on 07:32 - Mar 8 by blueconscience

Do fans of clubs that do decide to invest in their squads have to contribute to the transfer fees like you are suggesting, if so, Interesting!!!

by definition those clubs whose owners have the money to afford to buy players etc don’t need it. Here, our owner can’t afford it but the fans expect him to do it any way. Hence why i made the point that the fans expect Evans to do something the fans won’t do themselves (relative to their wealth, hence why £1,000 is an example)
Mick sure did hold us together on 07:59 - Mar 8 with 2390 viewsblueconscience

Mick sure did hold us together on 07:45 - Mar 8 by Oxford_Blue

by definition those clubs whose owners have the money to afford to buy players etc don’t need it. Here, our owner can’t afford it but the fans expect him to do it any way. Hence why i made the point that the fans expect Evans to do something the fans won’t do themselves (relative to their wealth, hence why £1,000 is an example)

Oh, I see. I was just beginning to imagine how expensive it must be to be a Derby fan!!!

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Mick sure did hold us together on 08:35 - Mar 8 with 2372 viewsBrixtonBlue

Mick sure did hold us together on 20:06 - Mar 7 by BlueBadger

Ah yes, the football is better now.

Do we also have our club back?

Feck me you really are an utter bore aren't you? I think I might have to put you on ignore just to alleviate the tedium.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

Mick sure did hold us together on 09:06 - Mar 8 with 2355 viewsKeaneish

Mick sure did hold us together on 07:27 - Mar 8 by Oxford_Blue

He’s not built it up though, he’s reduced it’s net worth catastrophically and it needs an injection. I’m not telling Evans how to spend his money but I do believe he should now ell at least part of his ownership to raise investment to give the club a much needed cash Injection. It’s standard practice for any business needing funds and it would appear, we do.

So the big question is, why doesn’t he? I don’t know enough about FFP to understand if there’s a conflict here but I’d be amazed if a club was restricted from doing this as it’s simply good business practice to improve the P+L.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Mick sure did hold us together on 09:53 - Mar 8 with 2324 viewsr2d2

Mick sure did hold us together on 07:45 - Mar 8 by Oxford_Blue

Thats where you are wrong. Our owner clearly can afford it, but chooses not to. He is a lot more wealthy now than he was when he took over the club. Just look at the figures you like to keep banging on about. If he isnt interested, then get out. He has had offers, has said so himself. You have to ask yourself why doesnt he take them?
Mick sure did hold us together on 10:21 - Mar 8 with 2307 viewsbackinbeige

Mick sure did hold us together on 19:28 - Mar 7 by Oxford_Blue

Yes. And you’ve dared to question the judgment of our fans. The same fans - or a section - who are adamant that the club would be better off without the only person in the world right now who is willing to spend six million - yes, six million - just to keep the club going and that “someone” will magically appear who will spend that six million plus tens of millions on new players.

I might be misreading this but is this a post in defence of Marcus Evans?

Your argument relies on the assumption that Evans is “the only person in the world” who would spend £6m per year on us. He’s absolutely not.

We’re a club of championship size, with a large (if ageing) stadium) that can generate a lot of revenue on match day and other events, unrivalled in our catchment area for fans and players, one of the most attractive in our league for recruiting players, a proven revenue stream through commercial activities that exceeds our peers in this league.

For someone who would view football solely in business terms and revenue generation, were an extremely attractive prospect. One of the main reasons we’re not in a position to challenge for promotion is the willingness to fund a promotion push, which would obviously be solved with new ownership. If they invested then wished to cash out after promotion they would likely turn a profit.

I can’t imagine Evans isn’t looking to sell. His asset is depreciating each season and he’s not addressing it, he’s decided he wants out. The question is how much he’s looking to sell us for - presumably a championship price perhaps more. Which is unrealistic.

RVRB: https://app.rvrb.one/channels/have-guitar-will-listen - Listen to music when WFH, set your own music to DJ and find new recommendations from others

Mick sure did hold us together on 10:41 - Mar 8 with 2294 viewshaynes_toe1

Mick sure did hold us together on 21:22 - Mar 7 by Oxford_Blue

I’m afraid that’s a flawed analogy.

Being worth £700m doesn’t mean you have that money in cash.

If you own a house worth £700,000, but earn £50,000 a year, you’re worth £700,000 but unless you sell the house or remortgage it, you can’t get hold of the cash. Would you really sell your house or borrow just to throw cash at a business that loses money, when you’ve already had your fingers burned in the past?

See my other post. I doubt Evans has the money lying around to release £30-50m which is as a minimum what it would take to get us even remotely competitive in the championship.

Why do people think we NEED 50m to be competitive in the championship? It makes it easier but it's been proven time and time again that a good structure and scouting system can defy the financial odds. We've all seen it in the championship time and time again.
Mick sure did hold us together on 10:45 - Mar 8 with 2284 viewsOxford_Blue

Mick sure did hold us together on 09:06 - Mar 8 by Keaneish

He’s not built it up though, he’s reduced it’s net worth catastrophically and it needs an injection. I’m not telling Evans how to spend his money but I do believe he should now ell at least part of his ownership to raise investment to give the club a much needed cash Injection. It’s standard practice for any business needing funds and it would appear, we do.

So the big question is, why doesn’t he? I don’t know enough about FFP to understand if there’s a conflict here but I’d be amazed if a club was restricted from doing this as it’s simply good business practice to improve the P+L.

Sorry, are you saying he should sell part of his stake in the club to raise money?

It’s worthless. No one will buy it. You get nothing for your money. The club doesn’t make a profit. It loses money. Why would anyone want to be a minority shareholder in that business? Pumping in money but having no control and making no money yourself?

Not the most attractive of propositions it has to be said.
Mick sure did hold us together on 10:45 - Mar 8 with 2281 viewsOxford_Blue

Mick sure did hold us together on 09:53 - Mar 8 by r2d2

Thats where you are wrong. Our owner clearly can afford it, but chooses not to. He is a lot more wealthy now than he was when he took over the club. Just look at the figures you like to keep banging on about. If he isnt interested, then get out. He has had offers, has said so himself. You have to ask yourself why doesnt he take them?

As I’ve said several times, those are assets not cash.

Do I need to draw a picture?
Mick sure did hold us together on 10:48 - Mar 8 with 2274 viewsOxford_Blue

Mick sure did hold us together on 10:21 - Mar 8 by backinbeige

I might be misreading this but is this a post in defence of Marcus Evans?

Your argument relies on the assumption that Evans is “the only person in the world” who would spend £6m per year on us. He’s absolutely not.

We’re a club of championship size, with a large (if ageing) stadium) that can generate a lot of revenue on match day and other events, unrivalled in our catchment area for fans and players, one of the most attractive in our league for recruiting players, a proven revenue stream through commercial activities that exceeds our peers in this league.

For someone who would view football solely in business terms and revenue generation, were an extremely attractive prospect. One of the main reasons we’re not in a position to challenge for promotion is the willingness to fund a promotion push, which would obviously be solved with new ownership. If they invested then wished to cash out after promotion they would likely turn a profit.

I can’t imagine Evans isn’t looking to sell. His asset is depreciating each season and he’s not addressing it, he’s decided he wants out. The question is how much he’s looking to sell us for - presumably a championship price perhaps more. Which is unrealistic.

You say that Evans is “absolutely not” the only person who wants to spend £6m on the club a year and own it.

So, where is the evidence for that claim? Where is the buyer? Where? If you’re absolutely sure, you must know something no one else does.

The club is a loss making business. The only reason to acquire it is because you’re a fan who can afford to lose millions or you want to make a return if the club gets in the premiership but given where we are right now that’s a very unlikely outcome. You tell me who is wanting to buy the club and put more money in than Evans.
Mick sure did hold us together on 10:49 - Mar 8 with 2270 viewsbraveblue

Stupid post. Grow up.
Mick sure did hold us together on 11:26 - Mar 8 with 2256 viewsbackinbeige

Mick sure did hold us together on 10:48 - Mar 8 by Oxford_Blue

You say that Evans is “absolutely not” the only person who wants to spend £6m on the club a year and own it.

So, where is the evidence for that claim? Where is the buyer? Where? If you’re absolutely sure, you must know something no one else does.

The club is a loss making business. The only reason to acquire it is because you’re a fan who can afford to lose millions or you want to make a return if the club gets in the premiership but given where we are right now that’s a very unlikely outcome. You tell me who is wanting to buy the club and put more money in than Evans.

You’re challenging me to present an actual buyer for the club to dispute your claim that no one in this world of ours would invest £6m into our football club?

You feel that’s the only way to disprove your theory that no one our planet would invest in our club. Rather than consider the law of averages and common sense, you feel that only way is for me to go out there and find someone and present them to you to provide definite proof?

Given you made the original claim that there is no one in the world who would invest in Ipswich Town:

I hereby challenge you to speak to everyone in the world to definitively prove that no one will buy us.

God I love internet message boards.

RVRB: https://app.rvrb.one/channels/have-guitar-will-listen - Listen to music when WFH, set your own music to DJ and find new recommendations from others

Mick sure did hold us together on 11:37 - Mar 8 with 2245 viewsOxford_Blue

Mick sure did hold us together on 11:26 - Mar 8 by backinbeige

You’re challenging me to present an actual buyer for the club to dispute your claim that no one in this world of ours would invest £6m into our football club?

You feel that’s the only way to disprove your theory that no one our planet would invest in our club. Rather than consider the law of averages and common sense, you feel that only way is for me to go out there and find someone and present them to you to provide definite proof?

Given you made the original claim that there is no one in the world who would invest in Ipswich Town:

I hereby challenge you to speak to everyone in the world to definitively prove that no one will buy us.

God I love internet message boards.

The evidence is that no one has made a bid for the club since we have been in league one. The evidence is also that the lack of value of the club and the losses it makes would be likely to deter any buyer.

There you go.

Now, you’ve claimed that there is someone out there who is prepared to buy the club, yet they haven’t done so.
Mick sure did hold us together on 11:40 - Mar 8 with 2240 viewsbackinbeige

This is silly

Mick sure did hold us together on 14:10 - Mar 8 with 2201 viewsr2d2

Mick sure did hold us together on 10:45 - Mar 8 by Oxford_Blue

As I’ve said several times, those are assets not cash.

Do I need to draw a picture?

You could draw a picture of his assets.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024