Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who's fault is it? 09:51 - Mar 4 with 941 viewsMartus

Large sections of the crowd last night chanted "Marcus Evans get out of our club" - and while i agree the club needs better investment... with the predicement we are in, he is not the person who should be targeted.

Paul Lambert has not taken this team any further - he interhited a diabolical squad - Paul Hurst really has screwed us. But as a "Manager" you would hope he would have done something with the squad and seen a direction of where he is taking it. After last night - i have to admit i think his time is up. There was nothing there to tell me he has a handle on this squad, has any idea how we sghould play, know our strengths or that he has any tatical prowess.

Once the players go on the pitch it is on them - but what is the game plan they are told to exectue? Because either there is none, the players arent doing it properly or Lambert really did want us to lump it up to Keane every chance we get. Either way, it is embaressing. We need a new manager to come in and actually coach this side and have a distinct style of play that we can stick too and at least enjoy!

"Bobby conquered Europe!!! And we won the FA cuuuuup!"

Who's fault is it? on 09:53 - Mar 4 with 922 viewsPinewoodblue

The only Evans chant we should be hearing is “Marcus sort it (him) out)

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Who's fault is it? on 10:15 - Mar 4 with 874 viewsNo9

Once again - Sheepshanks has to take a large slice of blame for putting Town into admin then selling making him possibly the only person to profit out of Town's demise.
Who's fault is it? on 10:18 - Mar 4 with 866 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Who's fault is it? on 10:15 - Mar 4 by No9

Once again - Sheepshanks has to take a large slice of blame for putting Town into admin then selling making him possibly the only person to profit out of Town's demise.

Oh do shut up.

Sheepshanks gave us a wonderful manager, backed him in the market, allowed us to develop a wonderful brand of football, entertained us for years as one of the best teams in the Championship and we won at Wembley, almost got into the Champions League, had a run in the UEFA Cup that included beating Inter Milan.

The bloke loved the club and did what he could for it.

We tried to push on, got the recruitment wrong, struggled with Europe and the league and went down at a time when ITV digital collapsed.

I have no doubt he sold to Evans because he thought he had the funds to push us on and he did. £12m on players under Keane was more than anyone else was spending.

Sheepshanks could not possible have envisaged how clueless Evans was on the footballing side.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Who's fault is it? on 10:19 - Mar 4 with 864 viewsNotSure

It's Lambert's fault.
He had a free ride for the first 9 months to look at the squad, get rid of the deadwood and define a playing style. Something most managers can only dream of.

And he completely wasted it and, as you say, still hasn't a clue who his best players / formation is.
Who's fault is it? on 12:11 - Mar 4 with 775 viewsBloomBlue

Who's fault is it? on 10:18 - Mar 4 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Oh do shut up.

Sheepshanks gave us a wonderful manager, backed him in the market, allowed us to develop a wonderful brand of football, entertained us for years as one of the best teams in the Championship and we won at Wembley, almost got into the Champions League, had a run in the UEFA Cup that included beating Inter Milan.

The bloke loved the club and did what he could for it.

We tried to push on, got the recruitment wrong, struggled with Europe and the league and went down at a time when ITV digital collapsed.

I have no doubt he sold to Evans because he thought he had the funds to push us on and he did. £12m on players under Keane was more than anyone else was spending.

Sheepshanks could not possible have envisaged how clueless Evans was on the footballing side.

Rubbish. Why do people keep coming up with the same old shlt about the ITV digital money as an excuse, if Burley and Sheepshanks had avoided relegation then the ITV digital money doesn't come into the equation. It was relegation that season which started the decline.

I wont deny we had some great times with Burley and Sheepshanks, but Burley started to believe in his own myth and made bad footballing decisions and clearly my 5 year old granddaughter had better financial management skills than Sheepshanks.
Clearly both loved the club but that doesnt excuse their bad decisions. The club then went into administration was forced into taking on Evan's as the owner, who has subsequently made a pigs ear out of everything
Who's fault is it? on 12:17 - Mar 4 with 751 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Who's fault is it? on 12:11 - Mar 4 by BloomBlue

Rubbish. Why do people keep coming up with the same old shlt about the ITV digital money as an excuse, if Burley and Sheepshanks had avoided relegation then the ITV digital money doesn't come into the equation. It was relegation that season which started the decline.

I wont deny we had some great times with Burley and Sheepshanks, but Burley started to believe in his own myth and made bad footballing decisions and clearly my 5 year old granddaughter had better financial management skills than Sheepshanks.
Clearly both loved the club but that doesnt excuse their bad decisions. The club then went into administration was forced into taking on Evan's as the owner, who has subsequently made a pigs ear out of everything

Okay hun.

So between 1995-2001 (6 years) Burley and Sheepy did absolutely everything right, from a place of love with both of them being ITFC through and through and for one season, after we'd massively overachieved, they got it wrong having to try and keep the existing squad happy, try to take us to the next level and manage Europe.

They made mistakes.

But they don't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as a bloke who had no connection to the club, took us over, threw money at us with a terrible manager and then had cut corners and under funded us at every turn since.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024