Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Quick message for our simpleton contingent 22:06 - Mar 3 with 3555 viewsBluefish

Evans can't be "out" he is not an employee. He also finances one of the biggest budgets in the division

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Quick message for our simpleton contingent on 07:36 - Mar 4 with 199 viewsITFC_Forever

Quick message for our simpleton contingent on 06:52 - Mar 4 by daisyisabaddog

I would take issue with the comment "clubs in a worse position than ours". I'm not sure that there are any.
Next season will see us in a relegation fight. We have no assets to speak of apart from 2 good young players whose transfer fees won't even cover our annual losses.
We have found ourselves in this position when austerity is hitting football hard and we will find it harder and harder to comply with L1 financial fair play rules.

I would guess that ME will be looking for around £30m to walk away from this mess but who would hand over that sort of money?
There will be a lot of people calling for Lambert to be sacked but FFP means that if he goes we effectively have to ask his replacement to work for nothing.
Norwich were in a similar position 25 years ago and their fans drove Robert Chase out of the club with a vicious hate campaign. I wouldn't condone doing the same to Evans but even if we did, do you really think he would care?

Bury
Bolton
Coventry
Blackpool until this time last year
Macclesfield
Oldham
Portsmouth until not that long ago

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Quick message for our simpleton contingent on 07:44 - Mar 4 with 182 viewshaynes_toe1

Of course the OP is correct.

But equally its fan frustration boiling over.

He has been a diabolical owner which can easily be summed up by Lamberts 5 year contract.

Hes like some weird parody.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024