Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst vegetable 15:23 - Feb 24 with 11027 viewsfooters

It's a tie between the disgusting kohlrabi and okra. Both horrendous veg.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Worst vegetable on 13:03 - Feb 25 with 417 viewsBackToRussia

Worst vegetable on 12:49 - Feb 25 by Herbivore

I'm tempted to get one. I've been to his a couple of times and it's really tranquil, meet some nice folk. He's got four huge beds so you can even just leave one empty to nature every year and still grow a load of food.

They can be great places. Only ever had one, but it was a bit too far away for me and too much space (it was also a fooking jungle when I took it over), plus the head of the allotment (or whatever) was as Zombies suggest constantly on at me to tame it. Know some people go up to their allotment to have a beer or two which sounds pretty great, would be even better if you had some pals up there too. It is a big shame they tend to be dominated by the above tidy freaks.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Worst vegetable on 13:10 - Feb 25 with 413 viewsIPS_wich

Worst vegetable on 08:51 - Feb 25 by BackToRussia

Try eating a real tomato. They're the tastiest thing on the planet.

Nope - tried several times, including fresh from a grower in Spain. Everyone was raving about them - but they triggered my gag reflex like every other time I’ve tried them. God awful things.

And I’ll eat virtually anything...liver, tripe, tofu, oysters etc.

Raw tomatoes are just wrong.
Worst vegetable on 13:12 - Feb 25 with 408 viewsPecker

Worst vegetable on 13:10 - Feb 25 by IPS_wich

Nope - tried several times, including fresh from a grower in Spain. Everyone was raving about them - but they triggered my gag reflex like every other time I’ve tried them. God awful things.

And I’ll eat virtually anything...liver, tripe, tofu, oysters etc.

Raw tomatoes are just wrong.

How about a purple tennis ball? Would you?
Worst vegetable on 13:13 - Feb 25 with 408 viewsDubtractor

Worst vegetable on 13:03 - Feb 25 by BackToRussia

They can be great places. Only ever had one, but it was a bit too far away for me and too much space (it was also a fooking jungle when I took it over), plus the head of the allotment (or whatever) was as Zombies suggest constantly on at me to tame it. Know some people go up to their allotment to have a beer or two which sounds pretty great, would be even better if you had some pals up there too. It is a big shame they tend to be dominated by the above tidy freaks.

I've got a veg patch at home just about big enough to keep me busy, plus beds with various fruit. Like the idea of an allotment but the lack of convenience would stop me doing as much with it.

Will prob move somewhere with bigger garden at some point, but living in town too convenient at the mo.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Worst vegetable on 13:20 - Feb 25 with 401 viewsPecker

Worst vegetable on 13:13 - Feb 25 by Dubtractor

I've got a veg patch at home just about big enough to keep me busy, plus beds with various fruit. Like the idea of an allotment but the lack of convenience would stop me doing as much with it.

Will prob move somewhere with bigger garden at some point, but living in town too convenient at the mo.

Aldi.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024