Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rotherham were by far the better side 21:47 - Jan 28 with 3952 viewsDarth_Koont

You've got to admit that the better team wins some times.

We didn't play well but that was still down to Rotherham more than us.

Let's learn from it and move on - if we're remotely as good as Rotherham were tonight then we'll go up with them anyway.

Pronouns: He/Him

Rotherham were by far the better side on 22:42 - Jan 28 with 700 viewspointofblue

Rotherham were by far the better side on 22:41 - Jan 28 by Darth_Koont

To be fair, we probably don't have to be better than fast-track bullies to get promoted. Certainly, I don't remember many Championship promotion sides who stuck out as outrageous teams — the purist teams were normally in the playoffs while the automatic teams ground out results instead.

We know Rotherham are a good team and a win or even a draw would have been a big result. If we can understand how they beat us and how they stopped us playing then it could still be a valuable result.

They were just very good as a team tonight.

We had the opportunity to learn how they beat us and how they stopped us playing when they did the same thing to us in October. We've clearly failed to do so.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Rotherham were by far the better side on 22:46 - Jan 28 with 691 viewsChrisd

To be fair, we probably don't have to be better than fast-track bullies to get promoted. Certainly, I don't remember many Championship promotion sides who stuck out as outrageous teams — the purist teams were normally in the playoffs while the automatic teams ground out results instead.

We know Rotherham are a good team and a win or even a draw would have been a big result. If we can understand how they beat us and how they stopped us playing then it could still be a valuable result.

And probably even better at PR when they did a job on us there too! Tonight was no fluke or a one off, we need to remember that.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Rotherham were by far the better side on 22:47 - Jan 28 with 685 viewsN2_Blue

you're totally blinkered. Rotherham are ok but you make it sound like we've just played Manchester City or something. We were woeful this evening, in fact 'woeful' is being kind

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Rotherham were by far the better side on 22:59 - Jan 28 with 648 viewsDarth_Koont

Rotherham were by far the better side on 22:47 - Jan 28 by N2_Blue

you're totally blinkered. Rotherham are ok but you make it sound like we've just played Manchester City or something. We were woeful this evening, in fact 'woeful' is being kind

I think you're blinkered. If we'd played like Rotherham played tonight then people on here would have been talking about our plans for next season in the Championship.

In retrospect, after a loss, we should have pulled Rotherham out of shape and played it short and through the middle but how many times could we have done that tonight?

It was a battle out there and they won it.

Rotherham were by far the better side on 23:04 - Jan 28 with 633 viewsN2_Blue

Rotherham were by far the better side on 22:59 - Jan 28 by Darth_Koont

I think you're blinkered. If we'd played like Rotherham played tonight then people on here would have been talking about our plans for next season in the Championship.

In retrospect, after a loss, we should have pulled Rotherham out of shape and played it short and through the middle but how many times could we have done that tonight?

It was a battle out there and they won it.

if we'd played like Rotherham...what had a game plan!? But we didn't and got a 1-0 thumping.

Are you not worried that we have not beaten a side in the top 9 this season?

Rotherham were by far the better side on 23:10 - Jan 28 with 612 viewsDarth_Koont

Rotherham were by far the better side on 23:04 - Jan 28 by N2_Blue

if we'd played like Rotherham...what had a game plan!? But we didn't and got a 1-0 thumping.

Are you not worried that we have not beaten a side in the top 9 this season?

Of course. But that's been down to us not being very good and squeaking results.

Over the last few weeks we've looked like a good team and tonight, for whatever reason, we came up against a better team.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't learn from tonight and get better. But this is the learning curve for a team that's really only just emerged in the last couple of weeks. And that's why the more established Rotherham beat us tonight.

Rotherham were by far the better side on 23:12 - Jan 28 with 604 viewsyorkshire

To be honest I thought we played awfully - no plan, very little drive from midfield and far far to many long balls. Jackson was v. poor, Keane didn't get into the game and Judge & Huws just didn't figure out a way to go forward. Garbutt and Edwards didn't get forward enough and neither did Chamber or Woofly. Wilson showed why he is a L1 defender at best and only Norris and Downes really came out of the game with any credit
Rotherham were by far the better side on 23:13 - Jan 28 with 599 viewsN2_Blue

Rotherham were by far the better side on 23:10 - Jan 28 by Darth_Koont

Of course. But that's been down to us not being very good and squeaking results.

Over the last few weeks we've looked like a good team and tonight, for whatever reason, we came up against a better team.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't learn from tonight and get better. But this is the learning curve for a team that's really only just emerged in the last couple of weeks. And that's why the more established Rotherham beat us tonight.

I think someone has already made the point to you that Rotherham played pretty much as they did at PR.....so we haven't learnt too much. How many times do we have to play Rotherham and get taught a lesson to learn something??

Or maybe Lambert just isn't a very good tactican?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024