Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good call nt (n/t) 21:26 - Jan 22 with 3839 viewsDarth_Koont

Pronouns: He/Him

Good call nt (n/t) on 07:27 - Jan 23 with 1064 viewsGlasgowBlue

Good call nt (n/t) on 06:57 - Jan 23 by Bluefish

Well on the bright side it massively helped to swerve the main issue and move the problem to a different poster so the real problem can continue the real disgustingness

Spot on. It appears that a poster may quite rightly call out racism and bigotry when it comes from the right but not when it comes from the left.

The excuse given is that it’s “covering the same ground as numerous other threads”.

So no more Boris/Trump/Brexit threads then?

That would be a shame if so, as racism and bigotry should be called out no matter what the source. But if it comes under this new “ covering the same ground as numerous other threads” ruling then I can’t see how such threads will be able to stand any more.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2020 7:28]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Good call nt (n/t) on 09:41 - Jan 23 with 1002 viewsPhilTWTD

Good call nt (n/t) on 06:57 - Jan 23 by Bluefish

Well on the bright side it massively helped to swerve the main issue and move the problem to a different poster so the real problem can continue the real disgustingness

I think it might be time for you to have another of your holidays from here, you seem to offer nothing but trolling and digs at us.
Good call nt (n/t) on 09:45 - Jan 23 with 975 viewsDarth_Koont

Good call nt (n/t) on 07:27 - Jan 23 by GlasgowBlue

Spot on. It appears that a poster may quite rightly call out racism and bigotry when it comes from the right but not when it comes from the left.

The excuse given is that it’s “covering the same ground as numerous other threads”.

That would be a shame if so, as racism and bigotry should be called out no matter what the source. But if it comes under this new “ covering the same ground as numerous other threads” ruling then I can’t see how such threads will be able to stand any more.

Disingenuous. You know exactly what you are doing.

Pronouns: He/Him

Good call nt (n/t) on 09:48 - Jan 23 with 971 viewsPhilTWTD

Good call nt (n/t) on 07:27 - Jan 23 by GlasgowBlue

Not sure there's anything new, it's been something which has come up on here for some months, perhaps even a year or so, people feeling the 'Daily Corbyn' posts, as I think someone described them, were rather overdominant on what's primarily a football site. No problem in discussing issues away from football but not to the point where they are quite so prevalent.

I do take your point that yesterday's thread was a variant on the overall theme, but led to the same rows and same stirring involving the same people and at 10pm or whatever it was I couldn't really be bothered to go through and fillet it.

If it hadn't been subject to a wider context then I'm sure the thread wouldn't have deteriorated in the manner that it did with, I'm sure, all posters condemning any social media attacks of the type you outlined.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Good call nt (n/t) on 10:01 - Jan 23 with 928 viewsGlasgowBlue

Good call nt (n/t) on 09:48 - Jan 23 by PhilTWTD

Not sure there's anything new, it's been something which has come up on here for some months, perhaps even a year or so, people feeling the 'Daily Corbyn' posts, as I think someone described them, were rather overdominant on what's primarily a football site. No problem in discussing issues away from football but not to the point where they are quite so prevalent.

I do take your point that yesterday's thread was a variant on the overall theme, but led to the same rows and same stirring involving the same people and at 10pm or whatever it was I couldn't really be bothered to go through and fillet it.

If it hadn't been subject to a wider context then I'm sure the thread wouldn't have deteriorated in the manner that it did with, I'm sure, all posters condemning any social media attacks of the type you outlined.

So are the daily Johnson posts going to be pulled now? The daily trump posts?

It’s funny how perception often differs from the truth. The last “Daily Corbyn thread” I started was on December 5th.

In that time I have started threads condemning Boris for chickening out of the Andrew Neil interview

Scathing by GlasgowBlue 5 Dec 2019 20:05
https://twitter.com/bbcpolitics/status/1202670854410297344

far right Britain first members infiltrating the Tory party

Far Right Britain First members joining the Tories by GlasgowBlue 19 Dec 2019 8:07
https://twitter.com/maajidnawaz/status/1207434743643541506?s=21

1, Tory Party - nip this in the bud now. Do nit let this happen.
2. Tory Party - ask yourselves why these people fell your party could be a comfortable home for racists.

The Tories tearing up the Dubs amendment

Government tears up Dubs amendment by GlasgowBlue 20 Dec 2019 7:39
Which protect child refugees post-Brexit

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/johnson-brexit-bill-tears-up-protections-for-child-refugees-says-starmer_uk_5dfba495e4b006dceaaa6883

C*nts.

The long and the short of it is that somebody who leans to the right calling out left wing racism is unacceptable on here whilst people who lean to the left calling out right wing racism is the opposite.

Oh and you can get away with calling a poster a c*nt and scum on a weekly basis without fear of censure if you lean to the left.

With all due respect Phil, do you disagree with any of the above?

Iron Lion Zion

Good call nt (n/t) on 10:20 - Jan 23 with 889 viewsPhilTWTD

Good call nt (n/t) on 10:01 - Jan 23 by GlasgowBlue

It’s funny how perception often differs from the truth. The last “Daily Corbyn thread” I started was on December 5th.

In that time I have started threads condemning Boris for chickening out of the Andrew Neil interview

Far Right Britain First members joining the Tories by GlasgowBlue 19 Dec 2019 8:07

2. Tory Party - ask yourselves why these people fell your party could be a comfortable home for racists.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/johnson-brexit-bill-tears-up-protections-for-child-refugees-says-starmer_uk_5dfba495e4b006dceaaa6883

C*nts.

The long and the short of it is that somebody who leans to the right calling out left wing racism is unacceptable on here whilst people who lean to the left calling out right wing racism is the opposite.

Oh and you can get away with calling a poster a c*nt and scum on a weekly basis without fear of censure if you lean to the left.

Pretty much all of it, as you know. And given the number of threads there have been highlighting antisemitism in the Labour party over the last few years - and at no point did I suggest you were the only one instigating them - I think it's laughable to make that point. We generally let things tick along on here without interfering at all.

As I've said previously, last night's post was in the wider context of the board having been rather dominated by the topic for a long time, me having better things to do than referee rows at 10pm on a Wednesday evening and a number of posters, as has been evident from previous threads, being either a) a bit tired of it on what is primarily a football site, or b) questioning the motivation for posting such threads.

No one gets away with anything because of any political affiliation, if posters continue to transgress having been warned then they are no longer welcome.

Good call nt (n/t) on 10:55 - Jan 23 with 822 viewsm14_blue

Good call nt (n/t) on 10:01 - Jan 23 by GlasgowBlue

C*nts.

"The long and the short of it is that somebody who leans to the right calling out left wing racism is unacceptable on here whilst people who lean to the left calling out right wing racism is the opposite."

That is entirely untrue and grossly unfair on the moderators.
Good call nt (n/t) on 11:03 - Jan 23 with 793 viewsHerbivore

Good call nt (n/t) on 10:55 - Jan 23 by m14_blue

"The long and the short of it is that somebody who leans to the right calling out left wing racism is unacceptable on here whilst people who lean to the left calling out right wing racism is the opposite."

That is entirely untrue and grossly unfair on the moderators.

Agreed. Think Glassers is bang out of line there and hopefully he'll reflect on his post and apologise to Phil.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Good call nt (n/t) on 11:09 - Jan 23 with 778 viewsLord_Lucan

Good call nt (n/t) on 21:37 - Jan 22 by PhilTWTD

On a wider note, I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels certain politics topics have been rather overcovered on here. Not sure there's the need for new threads along the same lines quite so frequently. I know some other posters feel the same as they've said as much to me.

Are all political views equal?

From an outside view it does seem that some political topics are looked upon as more equal than others.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Good call nt (n/t) on 11:22 - Jan 23 with 731 viewsGlasgowBlue

Good call nt (n/t) on 11:03 - Jan 23 by Herbivore

Agreed. Think Glassers is bang out of line there and hopefully he'll reflect on his post and apologise to Phil.

I dont believe I will Herbie.

We don’t always see eye to eye but I have a great deal of time for you. Would it be fair to say that you and many others have started far more Brexit/Johnson/ Trump threads than I and other have started with regards to Corbyn?

Would you also agree that if you started another anti Boris thread highlighting his racism and the first response to your thread was a one of our knuckle dragging Neanderthal far right wing posters calling you a c*nt for doing so, then you would expect that posters comments to be deleted and the thread to stand?

Would you be pretty pissed off if your thread was instead pulled and the reason given was because it it “covered the same ground that had been covered in numerous threads”?

Because that’s what happened.

Btw the thread wasn’t about antisemitism.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2020 11:27]

Iron Lion Zion

Good call nt (n/t) on 11:40 - Jan 23 with 681 viewsHerbivore

Good call nt (n/t) on 11:22 - Jan 23 by GlasgowBlue

I dont believe I will Herbie.

We don’t always see eye to eye but I have a great deal of time for you. Would it be fair to say that you and many others have started far more Brexit/Johnson/ Trump threads than I and other have started with regards to Corbyn?

Would you also agree that if you started another anti Boris thread highlighting his racism and the first response to your thread was a one of our knuckle dragging Neanderthal far right wing posters calling you a c*nt for doing so, then you would expect that posters comments to be deleted and the thread to stand?

Would you be pretty pissed off if your thread was instead pulled and the reason given was because it it “covered the same ground that had been covered in numerous threads”?

Because that’s what happened.

Btw the thread wasn’t about antisemitism.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2020 11:27]

I can only speak for myself and not for others, but I think I've started one thread on Boris being a racist and two or three on him/the Tories being liars and those were all in the lead up to the election. Threads started isn't always the only indicator either, Glassers, so many threads started about something entirely different have been derailed by "yeah but Corbyn is an antisemite" type posts and that has then dominated an otherwise unrelated thread.

I didn't see the thread in question from last night so can't comment too much. I guess if Phil feels a thread is getting out of hand and he chooses to take it down I respect that. It's his site and he puts up with a fair bit to be honest. I wouldn't have an issue with it being my thread getting pulled if it had gone that way. Being called a c*nt isn't cool, I agree.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024