Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why is there no outrage at middle-class benefit cheats? 10:10 - Jan 20 with 3837 viewsSteve_M

This is worth a read.

https://www.politics.co.uk/comment-analysis/2020/01/20/when-the-middle-class-mil

On a linked point, the reasons the DUP were so reluctant to close off loopholes will no doubt be the subject of further enquiry.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Why is there no outrage at middle-class benefit cheats? on 14:52 - Jan 20 with 1000 viewsHARRY10

Why is there no outrage at middle-class benefit cheats? on 14:39 - Jan 20 by hampstead_blue

Stop ignoring proven economic theory.

.....and stop applying and assuming I endorse it.
It's a fact and you need to accept it I'm afraid.

The OP hints at the end it's a political problem which I agree with, but the reason people did it is a proven behaviour.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2020 14:41]

there you go making up stuff again - no wonder you are a Tory

the behaviour you describe is learned behaviour, it is NOT inherent in humans as a species
Why is there no outrage at middle-class benefit cheats? on 15:13 - Jan 20 with 978 viewshampstead_blue

Why is there no outrage at middle-class benefit cheats? on 14:52 - Jan 20 by HARRY10

there you go making up stuff again - no wonder you are a Tory

the behaviour you describe is learned behaviour, it is NOT inherent in humans as a species

are you telling me neanderthal man had to be taught this?

I do worry about some here you know. You seem to be hell bent on ignoring proven theory.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Why is there no outrage at middle-class benefit cheats? on 15:31 - Jan 20 with 961 viewsHARRY10

Why is there no outrage at middle-class benefit cheats? on 15:13 - Jan 20 by hampstead_blue

I do worry about some here you know. You seem to be hell bent on ignoring proven theory.

it is not proven theory, it is merely you trying to dig yourself out of a hole

primitive societies had no concept of private ownership and so would not have acted, or needed, to act in the way you are claiming is 'human nature'

what you are describing is human behaviour in response to many variables

now why not offer up some evidence of this proven theory
Why is there no outrage at middle-class benefit cheats? on 15:51 - Jan 20 with 946 viewseireblue

Why is there no outrage at middle-class benefit cheats? on 15:13 - Jan 20 by hampstead_blue

Publish or cite the proof.
Why is there no outrage at middle-class benefit cheats? on 17:22 - Jan 20 with 922 viewsHerbivore

Why is there no outrage at middle-class benefit cheats? on 14:39 - Jan 20 by hampstead_blue

Stop ignoring proven economic theory.

.....and stop applying and assuming I endorse it.
It's a fact and you need to accept it I'm afraid.

The OP hints at the end it's a political problem which I agree with, but the reason people did it is a proven behaviour.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2020 14:41]

Show us your evidence please. I don't think you know what a fact is, which is worrying from someone claiming to have worked in military intelligence.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Why is there no outrage at middle-class benefit cheats? on 18:16 - Jan 20 with 899 viewshampstead_blue

Why is there no outrage at middle-class benefit cheats? on 17:22 - Jan 20 by Herbivore

Show us your evidence please. I don't think you know what a fact is, which is worrying from someone claiming to have worked in military intelligence.

Go back to the OP and ask yourself 'why did so many people take advantage?'....Because they wanted to make best use of a legal scheme.

Utility maximisation is an accepted part of the standard economic model.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Why is there no outrage at middle-class benefit cheats? on 18:30 - Jan 20 with 892 viewsfooters

Why is there no outrage at middle-class benefit cheats? on 18:16 - Jan 20 by hampstead_blue

Go back to the OP and ask yourself 'why did so many people take advantage?'....Because they wanted to make best use of a legal scheme.

Just because something is "an accepted part of the [current] economic model" doesn't make it inherent in the species.

Glad we finally got there.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Why is there no outrage at middle-class benefit cheats? on 18:33 - Jan 20 with 887 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Never mind the middle classes...what about the landed gentry?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Login to get fewer ads

Why is there no outrage at middle-class benefit cheats? on 18:35 - Jan 20 with 880 viewsfooters

Why is there no outrage at middle-class benefit cheats? on 18:33 - Jan 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

Never mind the middle classes...what about the landed gentry?

There's been plenty of outrage at two members of a certain upper-class benefits-addicted family the last couple of weeks. The irony is that they were signing off!

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Why is there no outrage at middle-class benefit cheats? on 18:53 - Jan 20 with 858 viewsHerbivore

Why is there no outrage at middle-class benefit cheats? on 18:16 - Jan 20 by hampstead_blue

That's not evidence. That's not a fact. That's your opinion.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Why is there no outrage at middle-class benefit cheats? on 19:03 - Jan 20 with 843 viewsHARRY10

Why is there no outrage at middle-class benefit cheats? on 18:53 - Jan 20 by Herbivore

That's not evidence. That's not a fact. That's your opinion.

you overlook our old friend 'human nature'

and how it only manifests itself when behaviour is thought to be wrong

you never hear acts of generosity or self sacrifice ascribed to 'human nature'

'Man risks live to save passengers trapped in burning car'

"what do you expect, it's human nature innit"
Why is there no outrage at middle-class benefit cheats? on 20:42 - Jan 20 with 817 viewseireblue

No, we should go back to your statements.

Since you have not provide proof and retracted from “proven economic theory”, to “accepted part of”, why should we believe the latter, when you have lost credibility on the former.

By the way, we shouldn’t, since in situations in which real human qualities, play a role, utility maximisers are not predictive in economic models.

If utility maximisers were part of standard economic models, and it was an accurate model of human nature, why are predictive economic models usually wrong?

That is of course why different models of economic behavioural modelling are used, since whilst you personally maybe a utility maximiser, it would seem your are in a minority.

Also, to your point on Neanderthals, can you show which evolutionary theory explains mammalian social constructs based on utility maximisers?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024