Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I get to go car shopping when I get home... 13:24 - Jan 10 with 3553 viewsNewcyBlue

Unfortunately MrsN had a car accident last week. She was ok. But our new car wasn’t. Luckily the other driver wasn’t hurt. Although he drove into MrsN.

As soon as she sent me a photo of the damage I said it was a write off. And it was.

Something I could do without really.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 17:19 - Jan 10 with 1042 viewsPendejo

Could she sort my car out for me please?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 03:16 - Jan 11 with 977 viewsNewcyBlue

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 16:02 - Jan 10 by MJallday

Hope ur kiddies ok newcs

So I had a Jaguar same as newcys - in fact newcy has a look round mine before buying) but I sold it in October and bought the i30n performance (hag was lovely but pain in the arse to maintain and build quality was poor)

The i30n - What a car

The sound and performance is something else. I did a 0-60 burn in it a couple weeks ago - 5.1!!

Paid 23k for it reduced from 30

Would highly recommend

Yeah Seb wasn’t with her. He’s devastated about the Jag.

“You have to get a new one”

I’ve seen an XJ that I want. But it’s slightly more miles.

I think MrsN might be tempted into an XE, but she really wants another XF. But she says she want a petrol. Unless I can tempt her into an XFR.

As cars go, it was bloody wonderful. Seb loved the space in the back and all the gadgets, MrsN loved the heated seats. I just loved looking at the thing. The Jag badge in the steering wheel, the leaper on the boot lid. Sitting in it was like being hugged by a buxom wench.

It’s a shame the iPace is a bit out of our price range and the range of it isn’t too brilliant. Or I would bite the bullet and go all electric.

Now she’s stuck driving our back up car (my old orange focus) until I get home.

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 14:39 - Feb 4 with 825 viewsNewcyBlue

We finally found the right car.

Jaguar XF S Portfolio. 3.0 V6 turbo diesel.

MrsN isn’t overly sold on it, she loved the old car. The new one has all the XF S bits on it which makes it look a bit sportier. She preferred the “executive” look of the old one.

But it was a good compromise between the XF and me wanting the XJ.

Pick it up next Wednesday.

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 15:14 - Feb 4 with 790 viewsTIB

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 16:22 - Jan 10 by MJallday

Decent review here

Really want to give one of these a spin. I have an Abarth 595 Comp and it pops, crackles etc and is a fun drive...practicality isn't up there though. This thing though, I'd probably take one over the now incredibly dull Golf GTi.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 15:16 - Feb 4 with 786 viewsNewcyBlue

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 15:14 - Feb 4 by TIB

Really want to give one of these a spin. I have an Abarth 595 Comp and it pops, crackles etc and is a fun drive...practicality isn't up there though. This thing though, I'd probably take one over the now incredibly dull Golf GTi.

I think they were chatting on about that car in the first page of this thread.

MJ even sent me a WhatsApp of his silly 0-60 counter. He’s a hooligan. When he bought his Jag I thought he had finally grown up...

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 15:18 - Feb 4 with 781 viewsTIB

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 14:39 - Feb 4 by NewcyBlue

We finally found the right car.

Jaguar XF S Portfolio. 3.0 V6 turbo diesel.

MrsN isn’t overly sold on it, she loved the old car. The new one has all the XF S bits on it which makes it look a bit sportier. She preferred the “executive” look of the old one.

But it was a good compromise between the XF and me wanting the XJ.

Pick it up next Wednesday.

Tried to convince Mrs TIB to get that engine in her F Pace...failed. Which colour did you go for Newcy?

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 15:23 - Feb 4 with 774 viewsNewcyBlue

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 15:18 - Feb 4 by TIB

Tried to convince Mrs TIB to get that engine in her F Pace...failed. Which colour did you go for Newcy?

That’s the actual car.

The 3.0 V6 is miles better than the 2.2 we had.

The V6 even meets the ULEZ criteria for emission zone charging. Which is handy as they are looking at bringing that into the Toon and MrsN works in the city centre.

What engine did your lass get in the F Pace? I much prefer the F to the E.

Have you had a drive of the i Pace?

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 15:52 - Feb 4 with 755 viewsbluelagos

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 15:23 - Feb 4 by NewcyBlue

That’s the actual car.

The V6 even meets the ULEZ criteria for emission zone charging. Which is handy as they are looking at bringing that into the Toon and MrsN works in the city centre.

0-60 in 6.5 seconds. Not bad and only a little over twice as long as my Kwaka takes ;-)

#Growsomeballs #getabike #Kawasaki

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Login to get fewer ads

I get to go car shopping when I get home... (n/t) on 16:07 - Feb 4 with 738 viewsTIB

That’s the actual car.

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 16:11 - Feb 4 with 731 viewsTIB

That’s the actual car.

Really nice colour that...especially with those gloss black alloys.

We went with the 2l diesel. We had a 2l diesel R Sport in white before so went with same again but in silver with black pack and mood lighting. Tidy looking car and good for hauling beer and the pooch about.

Yet to drive an iPace but do love the look of them.

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 16:42 - Feb 4 with 719 viewsNewcyBlue

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 16:11 - Feb 4 by TIB

Really nice colour that...especially with those gloss black alloys.

We went with the 2l diesel. We had a 2l diesel R Sport in white before so went with same again but in silver with black pack and mood lighting. Tidy looking car and good for hauling beer and the pooch about.

Yet to drive an iPace but do love the look of them.

I drove the iPace last year. It drives better than the XF. It’s something else.

The caesium blue looks really nice on the F Pace.

We had a look at the XF R sport the other day and MrsN said no. She doesn’t want an inferior trim spec to the Portfolio that we had.

Buying what we have was the easiest sell for the sales guy. I called him and told him I had seen it on the website in Southampton. Told him to bring it up north and if it drives right I would buy it.

We went down to York to look at it. I am going down by train next week to pick it up. I told him to come pick me up from the train station, he asked if I had a preference, I nodded to the F Type SVR and he said no problem!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024