Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Simple? 10:41 - Dec 18 with 705 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Two from Norwood / Jackson / Sears / Keane
Garbutt Downes ANY1 ANY2
NEW Chambers Woolfenden Vincent-Young
Holy

ANY1 from Nolan, Bishop, Huws, Dozzell, Judge
ANY2 from Lankester, El Mizuoni, Dobra, Edwards, Judge, Newbie
NEW a left sided KVY

Stick to 442. Clear out the deadwood. Have 18 senior pros (over 50 appearances) and another 6 or 7 kids like Dobra, El Mizouni, Morris, Folami etc. Play your best team and bring in a left back.

Leaves the likes of Donacien, Wilson and whoever is left out of ANY1 and ANY2 to sit on the bench and fight for a starting place by taking their chance.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Simple? on 11:53 - Dec 18 with 640 viewsSouperJim

Think I prefer Wilson on the left of the centre half pair to Chambers, they're both very right footed but Wilson tends to just keep it simple and knock it out if it's on his wrong side. Chambers tries to do more than he needs to and it's got us into bother in the past when he's played on that side.

In an ideal world, Tommy Smith would have no other suitors and be prepared to take a wage cut. We'd be so more solid with him partnering Woolfie.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Simple? on 16:12 - Dec 18 with 523 viewspablovian

Yes, the existence and consideration of too many options leads to the paralysis of analysis. I like your proposed simplification strategy - so long as KVY does not have a chronic injury, and a succession plan is in place for Chambers.
Simple? on 16:31 - Dec 18 with 502 viewspointofblue

I think the issue is balance - we showed more signs of being a decent offensive unit with a 4-3-3, for 45 minutes at Coventry and 60 against Bristol Rovers. The understanding of the system seems to be growing and there were passages of play which should develop as the players gain some understanding of what is expected.

Saying that we're clearly better defensively with two banks of four with two up top, as it restricts the oppositions wing play. That's as long as they don't outnumber us in the middle, as Coventry did in the FA Cup replay. The question is do we need to work from the back forwards or the front back? I'd prefer to go from the forward and work backwards - against the majority of the teams we should be putting pressure on rather than trying to soak it up. Based on that, when everyone is fit...

Holy
KVY - Woolfenden - Chambers - Garbutt
Downes - Dozzell - Bishop
Sears - Norwood/Keane - Jackson

Chambers and Wilson is a toss up - Chambers seems to help Woolfenden through games better than Wilson though the latter seems to understand his limitations on the left more, just clearing the lines where necessary.

Obviously we're missing a couple of those players at the moment; Donacien for KVY is an obvious move as is, in my opinion, Nolan for Bishop. The reason I say the latter is it's the same midfield three which showed some nice signs of play against both Coventry and Bristol Rovers. Saying that, I wouldn't be completely surprised if Skuse is preferred to Dozzell at Portsmouth.

I'd probably side with playing Jackson, Keane and Norwood whilst Sears is coming back from injury on the grounds that our wingers have a poor track record of creation or, other than Rowe, helping out our full backs. If we can't track back we may as well push forward.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024