Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bloody Tories preventing people from having careers 21:27 - Dec 13 with 3739 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at the owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Bloody Tories preventing people from having careers on 08:46 - Dec 14 with 487 viewssparks

Bloody Tories preventing people from having careers on 08:44 - Dec 14 by bluelagos

Some people will choose not to take on £27k debt. Some people will be deterred from studying because of it. The interest rates are scary too.

Do you have evidence for this? The figures didnt show it.

I thought people were keen on the diea that the better paid pay a bit more, and those who benefit from education by getting better jobs should pay their way?

I would have preferred a graduate tax personally- but this is essentially the same thing by the back door.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Bloody Tories preventing people from having careers on 08:49 - Dec 14 with 484 viewsmonytowbray

Bloody Tories preventing people from having careers on 08:44 - Dec 14 by bluelagos

Some people will choose not to take on £27k debt. Some people will be deterred from studying because of it. The interest rates are scary too.

Not all study routes or situations automatically entitle people for loans either. Amy has two kids which could be a block to studying *IF* that were the case (SPOILER: it’s not, but the point stands).

I see Sparks did a classic swerve again and ignored those posts. As I’ve said before, it will be a cold day in Hell when he accepts or apologises to anyone for being incorrect.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Bloody Tories preventing people from having careers on 08:51 - Dec 14 with 478 viewssparks

Bloody Tories preventing people from having careers on 08:49 - Dec 14 by monytowbray

Not all study routes or situations automatically entitle people for loans either. Amy has two kids which could be a block to studying *IF* that were the case (SPOILER: it’s not, but the point stands).

I see Sparks did a classic swerve again and ignored those posts. As I’ve said before, it will be a cold day in Hell when he accepts or apologises to anyone for being incorrect.

Will you PLEASE quit the fecking dishonesty? Seriously- you are almost sociopathic in your willingness to impugn someone else's integrity, with absolutely bugg3r all foundation.

What on earth are you talking about? Be specific or have the guts to apologise for once.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2019 8:52]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Bloody Tories preventing people from having careers on 08:55 - Dec 14 with 470 viewsmonytowbray

Bloody Tories preventing people from having careers on 08:51 - Dec 14 by sparks

Will you PLEASE quit the fecking dishonesty? Seriously- you are almost sociopathic in your willingness to impugn someone else's integrity, with absolutely bugg3r all foundation.

What on earth are you talking about? Be specific or have the guts to apologise for once.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2019 8:52]

The mask is slipping this morning. I’d advise you log out and go play guitar for a bit or something.

TWTD never forgets…

Bloody Tories preventing people from having careers on 08:58 - Dec 14 with 462 viewssparks

Bloody Tories preventing people from having careers on 08:55 - Dec 14 by monytowbray

The mask is slipping this morning. I’d advise you log out and go play guitar for a bit or something.

No backup for your abusive claims then?

As ever. Grow up- and try to converse with people in a civil manner, instead of endless dragging threads into the mud.

Don't bother replying with more sledgehammer sophistry and dishonesty, I shan't be seeing your obnoxious work on here anymore.

Bloody Tories preventing people from having careers on 08:59 - Dec 14 with 459 viewsbluelagos

Bloody Tories preventing people from having careers on 08:46 - Dec 14 by sparks

Do you have evidence for this? The figures didnt show it.

I thought people were keen on the diea that the better paid pay a bit more, and those who benefit from education by getting better jobs should pay their way?

I would have preferred a graduate tax personally- but this is essentially the same thing by the back door.

I was very clear to post 'some people'.

As for the evidenxe, I accept student numbers have continued to rise despite the increase in fees. But to argue additional costs do not deter some students is up there with your poll tax was fair one.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Bloody Tories preventing people from having careers on 09:00 - Dec 14 with 459 viewsonlymehere

What ever her line of work is ,maybe she needs to be changing directions where she can find a Career that suits her because she appears to be one of the people she is berating.
Look elsewhere many many other people have in life .
Bloody Tories preventing people from having careers on 09:03 - Dec 14 with 450 viewsmonytowbray

Bloody Tories preventing people from having careers on 08:58 - Dec 14 by sparks

No backup for your abusive claims then?

As ever. Grow up- and try to converse with people in a civil manner, instead of endless dragging threads into the mud.

Don't bother replying with more sledgehammer sophistry and dishonesty, I shan't be seeing your obnoxious work on here anymore.

What’s abusive about the fact you demand evidence, answers and retractions from others all the time yet seem incapable of doing the same yourself?

This isn’t a new thing Bullers. You’ve done the same for years. Common decency and the ability to be corrected are beyond you.

TWTD never forgets…

Login to get fewer ads

Bloody Tories preventing people from having careers on 09:04 - Dec 14 with 443 viewsmonytowbray

Bloody Tories preventing people from having careers on 09:00 - Dec 14 by onlymehere

What ever her line of work is ,maybe she needs to be changing directions where she can find a Career that suits her because she appears to be one of the people she is berating.
Look elsewhere many many other people have in life .

She was. Then the environment the Tories created has impacted her business plan. That’s all I’ll say.

TWTD never forgets…

Bloody Tories preventing people from having careers on 09:13 - Dec 14 with 432 viewsonlymehere

Bloody Tories preventing people from having careers on 09:04 - Dec 14 by monytowbray

She was. Then the environment the Tories created has impacted her business plan. That’s all I’ll say.

In life we have to adapt at times business plans or not we have to steer ourselves where we can not always where we want to go I’m sure it’s not that bad.
She’ll have to change direction unless she can wait another twenty years.
Bloody Tories preventing people from having careers on 09:15 - Dec 14 with 429 viewsmonytowbray

Bloody Tories preventing people from having careers on 09:13 - Dec 14 by onlymehere

In life we have to adapt at times business plans or not we have to steer ourselves where we can not always where we want to go I’m sure it’s not that bad.
She’ll have to change direction unless she can wait another twenty years.

It truly amazes me how ruthless and dismissive people have become of the hardships other people face.

TWTD never forgets…

Bloody Tories preventing people from having careers on 09:19 - Dec 14 with 423 viewsbluelagos

Bloody Tories preventing people from having careers on 09:15 - Dec 14 by monytowbray

It truly amazes me how ruthless and dismissive people have become of the hardships other people face.

I suspect he's just trolling you. Or he really believes it.

Either way, why not just ignore it? Let him either be a troll or a knob. Why let it worry you? Be the better man Callis.

Bloody Tories preventing people from having careers on 09:21 - Dec 14 with 421 viewsmonytowbray

Bloody Tories preventing people from having careers on 09:19 - Dec 14 by bluelagos

I suspect he's just trolling you. Or he really believes it.

Either way, why not just ignore it? Let him either be a troll or a knob. Why let it worry you? Be the better man Callis.

Knowing the person who posted the tweet personally is a factor for sure.

TWTD never forgets…

Bloody Tories preventing people from having careers on 09:21 - Dec 14 with 420 viewsonlymehere

Bloody Tories preventing people from having careers on 09:15 - Dec 14 by monytowbray

Ruthless ? No not at all common sense tells me if one door is locked doesn’t mean all doors are locked.
I wish her and many others all the best we all have had to get off our arses in the past to do things we don’t want to make ends meet it might sound harsh but it’s the way forward.
Bloody Tories preventing people from having careers on 09:23 - Dec 14 with 415 viewsbluelagos

Bloody Tories preventing people from having careers on 09:21 - Dec 14 by monytowbray

Knowing the person who posted the tweet personally is a factor for sure.

Which means you are emotionally invested. Makes people trolling you all the more pathetic.

But eh, some people are knobs. Try not to let them get you so wound up 👍

Bloody Tories preventing people from having careers on 09:24 - Dec 14 with 412 viewsMullet

Poor form stuff like this, regardless of who they are and whatnot. Especially if you didn't bother to follow/engage and just shoved it on here.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Bloody Tories preventing people from having careers on 09:25 - Dec 14 with 412 viewsmonytowbray

Bloody Tories preventing people from having careers on 09:21 - Dec 14 by onlymehere

Ruthless ? No not at all common sense tells me if one door is locked doesn’t mean all doors are locked.
I wish her and many others all the best we all have had to get off our arses in the past to do things we don’t want to make ends meet it might sound harsh but it’s the way forward.

We have the government we deserve.

TWTD never forgets…

Bloody Tories preventing people from having careers on 09:29 - Dec 14 with 405 viewsbluelagos

Bloody Tories preventing people from having careers on 09:25 - Dec 14 by monytowbray

We have the government we deserve.

Always think that is bollix. We have the government our shower of sh1t electoral system delivers us.

Over 50% of voters voted for Liberalish parties. We got a right wing Tory government....

Bloody Tories preventing people from having careers on 09:37 - Dec 14 with 392 viewsr2d2

Bloody Tories preventing people from having careers on 23:49 - Dec 13 by Sarge

Not true. You pay them back once you earn £25k. Wouldn’t class that as well paid, especially not where I live. Doing a masters absolutely shafts you as well because rather than add that on to your existing debt, it’s a separate loan and you make 2 lots of repayments. Not to mention it, in many cases, never gets paid back before 30 years is up due to massive interest rates.

The fees don’t prevent you from studying, but they may well put people off once they realise they’re locked into 30 years of paying what is essentially an extra tax.

Its bloody well paid where lm from. We cant get anywhere near those figures mate!
Bloody Tories preventing people from having careers on 09:37 - Dec 14 with 391 viewsmonytowbray

Bloody Tories preventing people from having careers on 09:29 - Dec 14 by bluelagos

Always think that is bollix. We have the government our shower of sh1t electoral system delivers us.

Over 50% of voters voted for Liberalish parties. We got a right wing Tory government....

I want a state governed system. We can have our lefty bum fests and progress whilst the right wing run around blaming everyone else.

TWTD never forgets…

Bloody Tories preventing people from having careers on 09:41 - Dec 14 with 384 viewsmonytowbray

From Amy...

“I can't sign in to TWTD for some reason, could you possibly reply for me?

It's been a while since I had a TWTD thread mentioning me, I thought you'd forgotten me, haha!

Unfortunately, I'm unable to put much context around this tweet due to being bound by an NDA. But, while that tweet may seem out of context to some, a lot of people who have followed me for some time do know the history so will have understood the meaning.

I have, unfortunately, repeatedly faced roadblocks both personally and professionally as a direct of austerity cuts, so was - as is rightly pointed out - feeling sore about the results and a little scared about having to battle more in the coming months.

Please do feel free to discuss it with me on Twitter, I know I get a bit ranty sometimes but I do enjoy a good, sensible chat about these things.”

TWTD never forgets…

Bloody Tories preventing people from having careers on 09:44 - Dec 14 with 377 viewsbluelagos

Bloody Tories preventing people from having careers on 09:37 - Dec 14 by monytowbray

I want a state governed system. We can have our lefty bum fests and progress whilst the right wing run around blaming everyone else.

I'm more of an internationalist. Might start reading up a bit more on Anarchy too.

Current systems seem to be about preserving the wealth and privilege of those who have it. Those in power are very effective at preserving their own positions...

Fiik what the solution is, especially in a FPTP electoral system.

Bloody Tories preventing people from having careers on 09:48 - Dec 14 with 364 viewsmonytowbray

Bloody Tories preventing people from having careers on 09:44 - Dec 14 by bluelagos

I'm more of an internationalist. Might start reading up a bit more on Anarchy too.

Current systems seem to be about preserving the wealth and privilege of those who have it. Those in power are very effective at preserving their own positions...

Fiik what the solution is, especially in a FPTP electoral system.

Anarchy would work fine if we didn’t already know how people behave with laws, let alone without them.

I feel a state governed system would mean more likelihood of having a region ran more like what the population’s wishes, you could move if you don’t like your area and it would give independent and smaller parties bigger opportunities, thus reshaping how we are represented as a nation.

TWTD never forgets…

Bloody Tories preventing people from having careers on 09:52 - Dec 14 with 354 viewsbluelagos

Bloody Tories preventing people from having careers on 09:48 - Dec 14 by monytowbray

Anarchy would work fine if we didn’t already know how people behave with laws, let alone without them.

I feel a state governed system would mean more likelihood of having a region ran more like what the population’s wishes, you could move if you don’t like your area and it would give independent and smaller parties bigger opportunities, thus reshaping how we are represented as a nation.

Scotland goes independent and we can all move up there! I'd be there tomorrow if the weather wasn't so sh1t. Same with Ireland.

Bloody Tories preventing people from having careers on 09:57 - Dec 14 with 337 viewsmonytowbray

Bloody Tories preventing people from having careers on 09:52 - Dec 14 by bluelagos

Scotland goes independent and we can all move up there! I'd be there tomorrow if the weather wasn't so sh1t. Same with Ireland.

Would love to live in Ireland. People keep talking about the UK breaking up but I can see England breaking up at this point too. London was verging on riots last night and rightly so. The government in our capital are not remotely representative of the biggest economic hub and populated city of the country. If London decided to become its own state and pulled it off Tory Britain would be in big trouble (well, more than it already is).

TWTD never forgets…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024