Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert got it wrong (Again) 22:11 - Nov 26 with 3677 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Ref was crap.. we all know that.

However, for me that was all wrong.
Subs far too late
No real style of football it was hoof here down the line then hoof hoof hoof
Started too defensive.. surely Alan Judge has earned a start for his performances, Nolan and Huws far too similar.
And he keeps changing the squad.. work your best team out and stick with it. One or two changes max.

Must say I would love to see what they are doing on the training ground.

Bring on the downvotes and people calling me a flouncer.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Lambert got it wrong (Again) on 10:39 - Nov 27 with 416 viewsusm

Lambert got it wrong (Again) on 23:27 - Nov 26 by TRUE_BLUE123

0 shots on target, keep blaming the ref but he wasn't the one hoofing it long.

Now do one you wet lettuce.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2019 23:34]

Surely Huws' shot that hit the geezer on the arm was on target???

Or does it have to be saved to count?

How the hell Norwood managed to miss from 3 yards is still baffling me.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Lambert got it wrong (Again) on 10:41 - Nov 27 with 415 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Lambert got it wrong (Again) on 10:39 - Nov 27 by usm

Surely Huws' shot that hit the geezer on the arm was on target???

Or does it have to be saved to count?

How the hell Norwood managed to miss from 3 yards is still baffling me.

Has to be saved

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Lambert got it wrong (Again) on 10:45 - Nov 27 with 408 viewsblueysbackside

You could have written that after a handful of games with Lambo in charge. For the record, that's 55 games he's had in charge. And I still don't know what we're doing as a team (style, best XI) etc. Don't get me started on Judge.
Lambert got it wrong (Again) on 11:06 - Nov 27 with 396 viewsSouperJim

I think your post lacks balance. For me he fielded the strongest side he could last night, KVY and Downes would have played if fit, but otherwise that is our best team and it seems he saved it for this game, rather than Blackpool.

We lacked discipline and allowed Wycombe to drag us down to their level. More composure needed, but we certainly weren't awful, did pass it quite a bit in the first half and did enough to win the game if the performance from the officials hadn't been the worst we've seen so far this season (and that's saying something). We got more frustrated as the game went on and Wycombe successfully spoiled, broke the game up etc. We have to get better at combating that as more sides will come to Portman Road and do it.

We've certainly lost our way and our rhythm a bit and the squad rotation policy has to take some of the blame for that. I'm confident Lambert will put it right, but the flouncing over the team selection for the two cup games is going to be epic.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Lambert got it wrong (Again) on 11:09 - Nov 27 with 394 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Lambert got it wrong (Again) on 11:06 - Nov 27 by SouperJim

I think your post lacks balance. For me he fielded the strongest side he could last night, KVY and Downes would have played if fit, but otherwise that is our best team and it seems he saved it for this game, rather than Blackpool.

We lacked discipline and allowed Wycombe to drag us down to their level. More composure needed, but we certainly weren't awful, did pass it quite a bit in the first half and did enough to win the game if the performance from the officials hadn't been the worst we've seen so far this season (and that's saying something). We got more frustrated as the game went on and Wycombe successfully spoiled, broke the game up etc. We have to get better at combating that as more sides will come to Portman Road and do it.

We've certainly lost our way and our rhythm a bit and the squad rotation policy has to take some of the blame for that. I'm confident Lambert will put it right, but the flouncing over the team selection for the two cup games is going to be epic.

I wasn't really moaning about the team selection more the constant changes. I don't know what our strongest team is because he keeps changing it meaning we cant get in to a rhythm.

Lambert got it wrong (Again) on 11:18 - Nov 27 with 380 viewsSouperJim

Lambert got it wrong (Again) on 11:09 - Nov 27 by TRUE_BLUE123

I wasn't really moaning about the team selection more the constant changes. I don't know what our strongest team is because he keeps changing it meaning we cant get in to a rhythm.

I think if you ignore the cup games and just look at who has played in the league, I think either 3-5-2 with KVY and Garbutt as wing backs or 4-4-2 and swap a centre half for an extra wide player. Most of the team picks itself and it's just the cup games where Lambert has massively diverted from that. We've only tended to play 1 up front when Norwood isn't fully fit. An alternative striker to lead the line is much needed in the window for me, all the others at the club are best when playing off someone else.

I can understand why Lambert wants to keep as many players in the squad as match sharp as possible, fans asking for the same 11 every week are going too far to the other extreme. He is getting the balance wrong at present though, the likes of Chambers clearly needs to keep his eye in a bit more in order to perform and winning builds confidence and momentum regardless of the competition. By all means rest a few in the cup, but I do feel 11 changes is counter-productive.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Lambert got it wrong (Again) on 11:45 - Nov 27 with 372 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Lambert got it wrong (Again) on 11:18 - Nov 27 by SouperJim

I think if you ignore the cup games and just look at who has played in the league, I think either 3-5-2 with KVY and Garbutt as wing backs or 4-4-2 and swap a centre half for an extra wide player. Most of the team picks itself and it's just the cup games where Lambert has massively diverted from that. We've only tended to play 1 up front when Norwood isn't fully fit. An alternative striker to lead the line is much needed in the window for me, all the others at the club are best when playing off someone else.

I can understand why Lambert wants to keep as many players in the squad as match sharp as possible, fans asking for the same 11 every week are going too far to the other extreme. He is getting the balance wrong at present though, the likes of Chambers clearly needs to keep his eye in a bit more in order to perform and winning builds confidence and momentum regardless of the competition. By all means rest a few in the cup, but I do feel 11 changes is counter-productive.

The midfield is the key for me. Defence sorts itself and the two strikers.

The balance in the midfield for me is wrong. Do we really need Skuse and Downes at home when both are fit. Huws and Nolan too similar?

Lambert got it wrong (Again) on 14:48 - Nov 27 with 350 viewsOxford_Blue

But for the referee we would have won 1-0
Login to get fewer ads

Lambert got it wrong (Again) on 15:29 - Nov 27 with 338 viewsPilgrimblue

Lambert got it wrong (Again) on 23:23 - Nov 26 by StokieBlue

At half time the Wycombe board were saying we were a very good team with very slick passing. We did pass it all in the first half but didn't take chances or put them to the sword when we were hugely on top.

Perhaps you're expecting us to pass like Man City?

Second half was worse of course.

SB

Second half saw wycombe booting it anywhere so stopped us from playing the same as 1st.
It broke up play so often and was clearly their plan to keep it 0-0. They couldn't believe their luck getting a penalty but taker gave Holy a chance (on the ground and he'd have no way of stopping it).
But like many I feel that PL must try to get settled team and use the rest of squad for cups etc. Only make changes for injuries/sickness/bans or maybe loss of form.
Yesterday the strikers didn't really gel but no surprise there as they haven't played together for weeks!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024