Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Portman Road atmosphere 11:29 - Nov 25 with 5869 viewsportmanking

I thought the North Stand were somewhat pitiful on Saturday, save for a 15-minute spell after our penalty. I get the feeling looking around the NSL that everyone's just turning up and expecting to win because of our good start, but teams are always going to raise their game playing at PR.

I hope and pray that a night game under the lights can encourage people to be more vocal tomorrow night. A performance and victory in the manner of our win over Derby in the 14-15 campaign would set the tone for the next month or so over Christmas.
Portman Road atmosphere on 16:02 - Nov 25 with 1295 viewsSlambo

Portman Road atmosphere on 15:08 - Nov 25 by ActionMan

It's generally because the football being played by both ourselves and the opposition is easily the worse most of us have ever seen in our lifetime and people are just switching off.

There really isn't much to get excited about during the games, or be enthralled by in terms of the quality we've seen on display and as for Ipswich we're at times just as bad as everyone else in this league. You add that to atrocious refereeing and it's hard to get amazingly excited by whats being shown, which is why if we don't get promoted and stay out of this league for good the crowds will start dropping to record lows.

It really is that bad to watch, and thats even the case of when we win. I still stand by the statement that the 70 minutes we played against Wimbledon was one of the worse displays of football, if not the worse, by an Ipswich team at home we'd ever seen.

Rubbish football causes flat crowds, flat crowds do not cause rubbish football.

Rubbish football causes flat crowds, flat crowds do not cause rubbish football.

Maybe, but again, that's still a conscious choice. They manage it in Europe. I remember going to see Cologne a couple of seasons back. They'd been rock bottom all season, were staring relegation in the face, and the stadium was still packed to the rafters and so loud you could barely hear the man next to you. Besides, we're Ipswich, not Barcelona, and this is 2019: we are simply going to have more sh*t/indifferent seasons than good ones. If we only wait until we're playing beautiful, winning football to make any noise we could be waiting a long time...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Portman Road atmosphere on 18:41 - Nov 25 with 1241 viewsLankHenners

Portman Road atmosphere on 15:46 - Nov 25 by Slambo

It's a tricky one. Priority number 1 is getting into the middle. We managed to all get together for that Lincoln home cup game and it made the world of difference. We're going to tentatively canvas the wider fanbase in the upcoming weeks to see how open existing STs holders in section 5 would be to creating some space for us next season...

Maybe it's a bit grandiose, maybe we're completely deluded, but we really want to instigate a cultural shift among the supporters at the club. We get frustrated looking around sometimes at how few people get involved (in the North Stand of all places) but I think ALL English football fans - with only a few notable exceptions - have just fallen into bad habits with regard to how they support their clubs...

So the Sleepy Suffolkers can bounce, every game, rain or shine, up or down. There's nothing inherently different about us - it's simply mindset. Those raucous atmospheres you see on the continent weren't created overnight...

The Lincoln game was a bit of a funny one as you had people unused to being in that stand complaining about the noise but it definitely helped being more central (even if people in section 6 were starting their own songs, and by their own songs I mean belting out 'blue army' every 30 seconds).

It would be good if you could get people to accommodate you, to be honest I'm not sure why you'd want to be right behind the goal unless you want to get stuck in with creating an atmosphere as if you wanted a better perspective of the match you'd sit elsewhere. I wonder how open the club would be to advertising SBR lower as a place for creating atmosphere and if you're not going to make the effort then buy your ticket elsewhere? Would be a start.

Yeah, as I said we're far from alone but it's painfully noticeable how flat it goes when the opposition score at the moment and suddenly everyone becomes impatient with everything tutted and moaned at.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Portman Road atmosphere on 19:10 - Nov 25 with 1217 viewsReuser_is_God

Portman Road atmosphere on 18:41 - Nov 25 by LankHenners

The Lincoln game was a bit of a funny one as you had people unused to being in that stand complaining about the noise but it definitely helped being more central (even if people in section 6 were starting their own songs, and by their own songs I mean belting out 'blue army' every 30 seconds).

It would be good if you could get people to accommodate you, to be honest I'm not sure why you'd want to be right behind the goal unless you want to get stuck in with creating an atmosphere as if you wanted a better perspective of the match you'd sit elsewhere. I wonder how open the club would be to advertising SBR lower as a place for creating atmosphere and if you're not going to make the effort then buy your ticket elsewhere? Would be a start.

Yeah, as I said we're far from alone but it's painfully noticeable how flat it goes when the opposition score at the moment and suddenly everyone becomes impatient with everything tutted and moaned at.

The amount of people that go in the SBRL & don’t sing is embarrassing.

As you’ve touched on they’re hardly in their for the view.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Portman Road atmosphere on 19:37 - Nov 27 with 1070 viewsBlue_Order

Portman Road atmosphere on 11:51 - Nov 25 by lmfcblue

The drummer and co in section 6 sing songs that know one really knows and are not really catchy which doesn't help.Good effort for trying knew songs but they were draining on Sat.

Songs seem pretty catchy to me, mate.

Portman Road atmosphere on 20:14 - Nov 27 with 1032 viewsZedRodgers

Portman Road atmosphere on 15:55 - Nov 25 by Slambo

Yeah, I hear you. The ideal is that the drum keeps the beat for the singing, but then the singing is so loud that you can't actually hear the drum! But we're not there yet, at least not on a consistent basis...

If a drum can’t prevent two sides of the north stand from singing out of time then what’s the point?

No, not at the moment

Portman Road atmosphere on 20:28 - Nov 27 with 1015 viewsbadadski

Portman Road atmosphere on 20:14 - Nov 27 by ZedRodgers

If a drum can’t prevent two sides of the north stand from singing out of time then what’s the point?

Cracking atmosphere under the lights yesterday, mainly because of the ref mind you. Pumped up everyone. Even the Primary school kids including my son were having a jolly old time singing "come on blues."

I enjoyed the game, it was dire, but the intensity of the players and how pissed off they must have been made for quite an entertaining slug fest.

No quality mind you, kind of like watching two soon to be retired gladiators smashing each over the head with a hammer until one drops dead.

I cant explain it but my dad said it was the worst game he has witnessed once more, seems to say this after every game, but i still l left feeling entertained and actually quite amused by it all.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2019 20:29]
Portman Road atmosphere on 20:56 - Nov 27 with 996 viewsBloomBlue

Oh What An Atmosphere!
I Love A Party With A Happy Atmosphere
So Let Me Take You There
And You And I'll Be Dancin' In The Cool Night Air!
Well We're At The Dancin' Party
And You're Out There Havin' Fun
And Your Girl Is There Beside You
And You Feel Like Number One!
So Get Your Body Movin'...
'cos Tonight Has Just Begun...
Oh Whoa! Let It Go!
Whooa! Let It Show....
Aaah Aaah Aaah Aaah!
Oh What An Atmosphere!
Portman Road atmosphere on 21:18 - Nov 27 with 977 viewsBlue_Order

Portman Road atmosphere on 20:14 - Nov 27 by ZedRodgers

It will do if we ever move central behind the goal.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024