Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Squad needs new faces in January 13:57 - Nov 14 with 4556 viewscarlisleaway

After watching the past 2 games against Lincoln and Colchester, I can see PL maybe worried about the strength of our squad in many areas. Possibly full backs and definitely a striker, if we lose Jackson or Norwood with a serious injury we have no one of quality or goal scoring ability to replace them. Three good central defenders bit I am afraid Toto is likely to give away a stupid foul or penalty. If ME is serious about going straight back money should not be an option.
Squad needs new faces in January on 11:52 - Nov 17 with 420 viewsEly_Blue

Squad needs new faces in January on 16:47 - Nov 14 by chicoazul

Who cares about how big the squad is? If we need someone, we need them.

EDIT; and you have to remember a) our history at rehabbing players which leads to b) Lambert's kid gloves approach with them and c) the fact Sears is 30+ and coming back from a very debilitating injury & his game is based on work rate speed and movement, all of which could be hampered by his injury physically and psychologically.

If we are in a position in the top 2 in Jan still then that's the absolute best time to reinforce the squad with someone who can perhaps nab us half a dozen or so goals before the end of the season.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2019 16:49]

point of order...... Sears isnt 30 until 27th November

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Squad needs new faces in January on 14:12 - Nov 17 with 391 viewsjas0999

I thought Sears was going to be back in November which would have dealt with the striker situation, but seems he may not be ready for a few more months. Will Keane has been poor and as expected unreliable due to injuries.

A decent winger remains a priority.
Squad needs new faces in January on 14:35 - Nov 17 with 384 viewsitfcjoe

Squad needs new faces in January on 14:12 - Nov 17 by jas0999

I thought Sears was going to be back in November which would have dealt with the striker situation, but seems he may not be ready for a few more months. Will Keane has been poor and as expected unreliable due to injuries.

A decent winger remains a priority.

Has Keane played with Norwood or Jackson as yet? That would help him.

Squad is too big for me, and after January we need to shift a few players rather than add them

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024