Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More hysteria 09:48 - Oct 10 with 5338 viewsgiant_stow

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-no-deal-medical-supply-sho

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

More hysteria on 11:06 - Oct 10 with 1963 viewschicoazul

I heard this morning on the BBC that a poll was done the other day that said, in spite of lives being at risk due to not getting medicines, that the majority of people *would still go for no deal* because, in part, we are British and we will get through it.

As I have said many times, Remain are dead.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

More hysteria on 11:06 - Oct 10 with 1963 viewsNotSure

More hysteria on 11:03 - Oct 10 by giant_stow

This particular thread is about hard brexit because that looks like one of two options (ignoring any extension).

I half agree about the Liberals and wish they'd stuck with the promise of Ref2.

Your compromise was never offered to Parliament, thanks to May and now Boris, so blame them.

But as mentioned elsewhere on this thread, hard brexit is illegal.

Johnson will reluctantly ask for an extension, an election will happen and he will blame everyone else for "stopping the will of the people". I think he will then win the election with a majority.
More hysteria on 11:07 - Oct 10 with 1960 viewsJohnWarksTash

More hysteria on 11:04 - Oct 10 by BlueNomad

Ok, please add constructively to the debate..................

I've been waiting since 2016 for constructive comments from Leavers and yet to have seen one......don't hold your breath.
More hysteria on 11:08 - Oct 10 with 1956 viewsgiant_stow

More hysteria on 11:06 - Oct 10 by chicoazul

I heard this morning on the BBC that a poll was done the other day that said, in spite of lives being at risk due to not getting medicines, that the majority of people *would still go for no deal* because, in part, we are British and we will get through it.

As I have said many times, Remain are dead.

Did you see the Poll of Polls in the Standard though? Heartening.

I guess the people who answered that poll like that have no one close to them in hospital depending on these treatments.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

More hysteria on 11:10 - Oct 10 with 1943 viewsBlueNomad

More hysteria on 11:07 - Oct 10 by JohnWarksTash

I've been waiting since 2016 for constructive comments from Leavers and yet to have seen one......don't hold your breath.

I know. Not just on this forum but everywhere is the same - vacuous soundbites about "we won, you lost", democracy, German Empire, sovereignty, "immygrunts" etc
More hysteria on 11:10 - Oct 10 with 1944 viewsgiant_stow

More hysteria on 11:06 - Oct 10 by NotSure

But as mentioned elsewhere on this thread, hard brexit is illegal.

Johnson will reluctantly ask for an extension, an election will happen and he will blame everyone else for "stopping the will of the people". I think he will then win the election with a majority.

Hard Brexit is illegal for now - judging by the Cummings memo, it will be at the top of the tory manifesto in the election, although perhaps hidden by mealy-mouthed promises to try and get a deal. An impossible deal as long as they depend on the DUP (which fair enough, they might not if they win big enough)/

More hysteria on 11:11 - Oct 10 with 1938 viewschicoazul

More hysteria on 11:08 - Oct 10 by giant_stow

Did you see the Poll of Polls in the Standard though? Heartening.

I guess the people who answered that poll like that have no one close to them in hospital depending on these treatments.

I have not! I'll see if I can find it.

All you I or any of the rest of the little people can do now is batten down the hatches luv. Get as many of the meds you or your family rely on as you can. Prepare for the worst. It's coming.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

More hysteria on 11:13 - Oct 10 with 1931 viewsgiant_stow

More hysteria on 11:11 - Oct 10 by chicoazul

I have not! I'll see if I can find it.

All you I or any of the rest of the little people can do now is batten down the hatches luv. Get as many of the meds you or your family rely on as you can. Prepare for the worst. It's coming.

Its here: https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/brexit-news-latest-britain-against-leav

I get you, on the 2nd para.

Login to get fewer ads

More hysteria on 11:14 - Oct 10 with 1927 viewsNotSure

More hysteria on 11:10 - Oct 10 by BlueNomad

I know. Not just on this forum but everywhere is the same - vacuous soundbites about "we won, you lost", democracy, German Empire, sovereignty, "immygrunts" etc

Again, just like the badger, you are writing off the 52% as xenophobes.
This didn't work during the 2016 EU referendum campaign and it doesn't work now.

Many sensible people (who don't get heard as people only see controversial views on social media) are happy just to leave the EU institution and have a similar relationship like Norway or Switzerland.
More hysteria on 11:19 - Oct 10 with 1914 viewsBlueNomad

More hysteria on 11:14 - Oct 10 by NotSure

This didn't work during the 2016 EU referendum campaign and it doesn't work now.

Many sensible people (who don't get heard as people only see controversial views on social media) are happy just to leave the EU institution and have a similar relationship like Norway or Switzerland.

THAT is the first time I have heard that argument being put forward as a reason for leaving by anyone on social media so thank you.
More hysteria on 11:38 - Oct 10 with 1900 viewsJohnWarksTash

Unfortunately that won't happen as the debate has been highjacked by rabid brexiteers like Farage and Rees Mogg who stand to make millions for themselves and their mates if we crash out without a deal.
More hysteria on 11:51 - Oct 10 with 1892 viewschicoazul

Youre right of course. Brexit Trump Orban the gilet jaunes, these are what happen when the ruling class Well Actually millions of people for decades and call them racist stupid idiots & make them feel utterly marginalised and disenfranchised.

More hysteria on 12:03 - Oct 10 with 1878 viewslinhdi

More hysteria on 11:00 - Oct 10 by NotSure

This discussion appears to be all about a hard brexit.
Which I imagine the majority of the 52% are not in favour of.

But how do your reach the compromise that Hammond was talking about this morning if you have Lib Dems screaming "revoke article 50". Their stance is as bad as the ERG.

I trusted parliament to reach a compromise between 2016 and 2018. Which would include staying in a customs union, keeping free immigration, allowing us more of our own money to spend. But they failed dismally.

So let's stay in until we can work out how to leave in a way that won't trash the economy and create massive problems for people reliant on the NHS.
More hysteria on 12:16 - Oct 10 with 1870 viewsm14_blue

But how do your reach the compromise that Hammond was talking about this morning if you have Lib Dems screaming "revoke article 50". Their stance is as bad as the ERG.

I trusted parliament to reach a compromise between 2016 and 2018. Which would include staying in a customs union, keeping free immigration, allowing us more of our own money to spend. But they failed dismally.

The lib dems aren’t in power. They have 19 (I think!) MP’s and can’t stop the main parties from doing anything at all.

I don’t agree with their revoke position but to suggest they are in any way responsible for this mess is bizarre.

And they’re nowhere near as bad as the ERG because they are trying to do what they believe is best for the country (albeit wrongly in my view) and the people. The ERG couldn’t care less what happens to the people so long as they get their weird, twisted little ideological way.
More hysteria on 12:32 - Oct 10 with 1858 viewsBlueBadger

So, basically being de facto members, following all the rules but having no say in what the rules are?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

More hysteria on 12:42 - Oct 10 with 1854 viewsBlueBadger

More hysteria on 10:47 - Oct 10 by JohnWarksTash

I work in radiotherapy and can tell you we are going to struggle to get radioactive iodine to treat thyroid cancer and most of our treatment machines are made in the EU so getting spare parts to fix them will be made harder too.

Brexit is going to cause the NHS more problems than anyone can predict. My trust is already stockpiling medication where it can, meetings are being held and rationing Is taking place...and yes mortuary equipment is being bought in greater numbers.

Brexit is costing the NHS millions already. I have sat in meetings discussing the ramifications...and that's time I should be with patients.

But hell...blue passports, unicorn poo, rotting soft fruit.........

My own trust is roughly 100-150 nursing posts alone down since 2016. Roughly 75% of those are EU nurses who've moved on and aren't getting replaced because EU recruiting is now essentially at zero, non-EU recruitment is expensive, long-winded and extremely red-tape heavy and applications to study nursing in the UK are down thanks to the removal of the training bursary.
We've got capacity at the trust to accomodate 50 nursing students. We've got 13 starting this year.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2019 13:55]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

"... and yes mortuary equipment is being bought in greater numbers" on 12:44 - Oct 10 with 1845 viewsBlueBadger

"... and yes mortuary equipment is being bought in greater numbers" on 10:49 - Oct 10 by Dyland

PROJECT FEAR

Nope, just very straightforward facts.

I pray karma will bite Cameron, Farage, et al, in this life rather than the next.

I cannot wait for the piblic enquiry into this farce when the lies, incompetence, posturing and criminality of thew hoe gang of them gets dragged through the courts from Cameron with his hubris, Johnson with his lies and corruption, Corbyn with his utter lack of leadership and Farage with his, well, all of the above.

More hysteria on 12:46 - Oct 10 with 1843 viewsSouperJim

Brexit may or may not result in deaths if it happens, but fuel poverty is responsible for 15,000 deaths per year at a conservative estimate. When was the last time that was discussed in the house?

But yeah, politics.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

More hysteria on 12:59 - Oct 10 with 1825 viewsitfc_bucks

Why? Why is the LD position as bad as the ERG?

I would imagine that 48% of the electorate would be entirely satisfied with that approach, whereas if only 5% of the Leave cohort were against a Hard Brexit, which seems eminently likely, they would be a smaller group than the Remain cohort.

Your final paragraph is telling. That deal simply does not exist, was never possible but the leave mob told you it was and you believed them.

Naive.
More hysteria on 13:00 - Oct 10 with 1822 viewsBlueBadger

More hysteria on 12:46 - Oct 10 by SouperJim

Brexit may or may not result in deaths if it happens, but fuel poverty is responsible for 15,000 deaths per year at a conservative estimate. When was the last time that was discussed in the house?

But yeah, politics.

Choo choo, the whataboutery train is now boarding!

More hysteria on 13:57 - Oct 10 with 1801 viewsBlueBadger

More hysteria on 10:58 - Oct 10 by JohnWarksTash

I have spoken to some on Twitter who just don't care. I have even had patients referred to as collateral damage...and comments like..."We all have to die sometime"

It's astounding how blinkered, selfish and (I'm going to say it) stupid some people are.

Lass on my FB has just completed a course of radio and chemo therapy that would have been highly endangered by the delays and shortages that a Blue Passports and No Foreigners brexit would bring. Her response when I pointed out that if she was starting treatment now it would likely be highly compromised was 'good job I've finished then, innit' rather than any kind of empathy for her fellow travellers.

More hysteria on 15:02 - Oct 10 with 1779 viewsflimflam

More hysteria on 11:10 - Oct 10 by giant_stow

Hard Brexit is illegal for now - judging by the Cummings memo, it will be at the top of the tory manifesto in the election, although perhaps hidden by mealy-mouthed promises to try and get a deal. An impossible deal as long as they depend on the DUP (which fair enough, they might not if they win big enough)/

Rumour has it BJ will send a letter requesting an extension and then send another to cancel the first letter. Was discussed on the Roger Mellie last night.

Not sure where that stands things with the Benn act but surely not that simple to work around it.

My prediction is we leave on the 31st without a deal which BJ is pushing for.

If we dont he will sack all the non conforming MP's, have an election on a no deal manifesto and clean up all the brexit party votes. NF has said as much and would happily stand down his people to allow it to happen.

Remain vote is split so unless they get their act together are dead in the water.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

More hysteria on 15:50 - Oct 10 with 1754 viewsitfc_bucks

More hysteria on 15:02 - Oct 10 by flimflam

Rumour has it BJ will send a letter requesting an extension and then send another to cancel the first letter. Was discussed on the Roger Mellie last night.

Not sure where that stands things with the Benn act but surely not that simple to work around it.

My prediction is we leave on the 31st without a deal which BJ is pushing for.

If we dont he will sack all the non conforming MP's, have an election on a no deal manifesto and clean up all the brexit party votes. NF has said as much and would happily stand down his people to allow it to happen.

Remain vote is split so unless they get their act together are dead in the water.

It's not that straightforward and Johnson and Cummings know it, all this fluff about sending a second letter is just bollicks.

My prediction is that we remain in the EU on 1st November.
More hysteria on 15:55 - Oct 10 with 1748 viewsflimflam

More hysteria on 15:50 - Oct 10 by itfc_bucks

It's not that straightforward and Johnson and Cummings know it, all this fluff about sending a second letter is just bollicks.

My prediction is that we remain in the EU on 1st November.

It is probably fluff to distract from how they will really work around the Benn act if that is what they plan to do.

I cant see it myself but time will tell I guess.

BJ seems adamant he will obey the law and we will leave on the 31st come what may.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

More hysteria on 16:04 - Oct 10 with 1740 viewsitfc_bucks

More hysteria on 15:55 - Oct 10 by flimflam

It is probably fluff to distract from how they will really work around the Benn act if that is what they plan to do.

I cant see it myself but time will tell I guess.

BJ seems adamant he will obey the law and we will leave on the 31st come what may.

Johnson doesn't exactly have a spotless record when it comes to telling the truth or working out the finer details.

Happy to show a track record of abject failure and utter barefaced lies, if necessary.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024