Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stoke 20:58 - Sep 27 with 1566 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Only seen a little of it but a defensive style from what I have seen, struggling in the league and a goalkeeper dropping a clanger.

Looks rather familiar to me. At this early stage they look in trouble.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Stoke on 21:01 - Sep 27 with 1552 viewsbournemouthblue

How have Stoke fallen apart so quickly? They some how managed to become a solid and established Premiership club, did they both with any background infrastructure

Do they have a youth setup to speak of?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Stoke on 21:08 - Sep 27 with 1534 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Stoke on 21:01 - Sep 27 by bournemouthblue

How have Stoke fallen apart so quickly? They some how managed to become a solid and established Premiership club, did they both with any background infrastructure

I don't think they have nor did they rely on one when they were established. I think there was some kind of sea change that led to lots of players coming in around the time Walters became surplus to requirements. That appears to have been the beginning of the end for them. Whether that was because they got the wrong players in or whether the change in direction was the wrong change or simply implemented too quickly I am not sure.

Stoke on 21:08 - Sep 27 with 1541 viewsSitfcB

Stoke on 21:01 - Sep 27 by bournemouthblue

They sacked their long serving manager after a few fans got annoyed with him, and his style. Gone well for them hasn’t it...

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Stoke on 21:13 - Sep 27 with 1509 viewsFixed_It

Stoke on 21:08 - Sep 27 by SitfcB

They sacked their long serving manager after a few fans got annoyed with him, and his style. Gone well for them hasn’t it...

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...

Maybe things had got a bit stale with their long-standing manager, but the players he left behind were too entrenched in the pragmatic, cautious approach to adapt successfully to a new style?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Stoke on 21:18 - Sep 27 with 1490 viewsFtnfwest

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...

Yeah, still at least we’ve never sacked a long term manager. Not after all those glory years..
Stoke on 21:23 - Sep 27 with 1475 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Stoke on 21:13 - Sep 27 by Fixed_It

Maybe things had got a bit stale with their long-standing manager, but the players he left behind were too entrenched in the pragmatic, cautious approach to adapt successfully to a new style?

Indeed. Pulis would have ended up going sooner or later.

I think it was more to do with what they did to change things. Not necessarily the wrong thing to do but obviously not implemented in a successful way.

Can we think of any teams that have become established playing one sort of style to then change their style without going backwards?

Stoke on 21:24 - Sep 27 with 1464 viewsBloomBlue

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...

And signed a rubbish manager as replacement
Stoke on 21:29 - Sep 27 with 1447 viewsEastTownBlue

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...

Initially it worked out very well as Stoke had three consecutive seasons of finishing in 9th place, which was better than the long serving manager had achieved.
Login to get fewer ads

Stoke on 21:36 - Sep 27 with 1434 viewsDubtractor

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...

Tenuous at best. Mark Hughes was there 5 seasons before they got relegated,

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Stoke on 21:42 - Sep 27 with 1410 viewsBlueyandCrazy

Stoke on 21:36 - Sep 27 by Dubtractor

It was well past the Pulis era when the decline set in. Hughes was successful initially in evolving the style and the squad, then became stale and didn’t know how to evolve it further, got rid of the wrong players e.g. Walters

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Stoke on 22:04 - Sep 27 with 1368 viewsstrikalite

Dunno but everything goes for you when you're at the top and totally against you when you're battling away at the bottom, that Forest third killed Stoke off, but damn lucky the way it just fell for LG six yards out that's for sure..
Stoke on 22:06 - Sep 27 with 1365 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Stoke on 22:04 - Sep 27 by strikalite

Dunno but everything goes for you when you're at the top and totally against you when you're battling away at the bottom, that Forest third killed Stoke off, but damn lucky the way it just fell for LG six yards out that's for sure..

I thought Stoke showed some fight at the end.

I don't recall us doing that much at all last season.

I suspect Nathan Jones will be gone tonight and there must be something for the new manager to work with.

Stoke on 22:08 - Sep 27 with 1357 viewsstrikalite

Stoke on 22:06 - Sep 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

I thought Stoke showed some fight at the end.

I don't recall us doing that much at all last season.

I suspect Nathan Jones will be gone tonight and there must be something for the new manager to work with.

Honestly thought he'd be gone after the Crawley game, but yeah 4 wins in 34 games or something like that is a sacking stat..
Stoke on 07:00 - Sep 28 with 1090 viewsJohnny_Boy

Stoke on 21:36 - Sep 27 by Dubtractor

Sitters pines for the days of an empty stadium, dire attritional football & a chippy miserable manager.
Huddersfield on 07:47 - Sep 28 with 1012 viewskeighleyblue

Also in the 'scheiss'. No wins, 1 draw, 7 defeats. We will be passing them on the way up
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024