Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Political discussion as a standard 17:20 - Sep 26 with 4903 viewswkj

This isn't a dig at anyone, or even the broader discussion of politics on TWTD, but a wider look at the way the world communicates politics. Isn't it almost heartbreaking how the most engaging discussions stem from someone posing criticism of an opposing point of view evolving into heated debate, rather than people highlighting the positives of someone they support then evolving into political debate.

I am in no way immune to this myself, but it is staggering how this conduct is 'the norm' for the politicians, and how it filters down to the civilians too. I am not trying to start a revolution here, but surely someone, somewhere, happens to be more emboldened by the good they see in their own party rather than the vitriol they hold for the other.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Political discussion as a standard on 20:44 - Sep 26 with 457 viewsSpruceMoose

Political discussion as a standard on 20:41 - Sep 26 by wkj

Why is it when you request for someone to dispatch of you, your followers are not on hand to honour your wish

There's not even a bus nearby.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Political discussion as a standard on 20:45 - Sep 26 with 456 viewswkj

Political discussion as a standard on 20:44 - Sep 26 by SpruceMoose

There's not even a bus nearby.

Your devout sprucites do like a good bus don't they

Political discussion as a standard on 21:52 - Sep 26 with 438 viewsBrixtonBlue

"surely someone, somewhere, happens to be more emboldened by the good they see in their own party rather than the vitriol they hold for the other."

I do, absolutely. You see far more of me defending Labour, talking about their policies or asking for more talk on policies than you see of me attacking the Tories.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Political discussion as a standard on 22:06 - Sep 26 with 425 viewswkj

Political discussion as a standard on 21:52 - Sep 26 by BrixtonBlue

"surely someone, somewhere, happens to be more emboldened by the good they see in their own party rather than the vitriol they hold for the other."

I do, absolutely. You see far more of me defending Labour, talking about their policies or asking for more talk on policies than you see of me attacking the Tories.

Then you should should be set when it comes time for you to take on a role as a change facilitator

Political discussion as a standard on 22:28 - Sep 26 with 407 viewsBrixtonBlue

Political discussion as a standard on 22:06 - Sep 26 by wkj

Then you should should be set when it comes time for you to take on a role as a change facilitator

eh?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Political discussion as a standard on 22:34 - Sep 26 with 402 viewswkj

Political discussion as a standard on 22:28 - Sep 26 by BrixtonBlue

eh?

One that facilitates change
[Post edited 26 Sep 2019 22:59]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024