Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leaving on a jet plane, 23:34 - Sep 6 with 537 viewsPendejo

Don't know when I'll be back again.

So, tonight 22:55 local time Avianca AV120 will be bringing us home, arriving 15:30 UK time tomorrow.

Will probably be 2 years before I come back, hopefully with Pimball Wizard in tow and we can get drunk with his ex-colleague, Raul.

The wife may well have to come back sooner as her father is 93, and is permanently hooked up to an oxygen machine. Other than being a bit frail his mind is very sharp... But none of us know our expiration date do we?

I really do love Colombia, Bogota is a chore due to altitude and pollution, but hey the bulk of the family live here. Given the right contract I'd live and work here again, ideally somewhere near Medellin or at least outside of the Bogota city limits.

Slept in a 7th different bed on way back to Bogota, in a motel in La Vega, 2 rooms for @£60, no a/c but a decent swimming pool and parking, oh and a decent strength shower with hot running water.

Did I forget to mention the family in Bogota do not have got running water in the way "we" would understand. They have an electronic device fitted which operates as a shower head / element the best you can get is a tepid dribble... Oh how I long for the power shower at home. Where mother / father in law have places in Mariquita and the temperature is mid30s who wants hot water?

The temperature has varied from 17c Bogota to 42c on Ruta del Sol between Honda and Doradal. With no polar wind 17c in Bogota is fine, especially when the sun comes out.

It's been a good holiday, we've done the family stuff, we've done tourist stuff and we've done some shopping with great prices / exchange rates. But it's time to come home.

As for the moody teenagers in tow... Son, 18, is a vegan a word that hasn't got to Colombia yet. Say vegan, response is vegetarian and eggs, butter, milk and cheese are offered. At least he likes rice and beans... But even then most bean dishes are cooked in meat juices. Oh and access to internet has been kept to minimum due to roaming charges, so he and daugther, 16, have been missing their significant others.I

Are those Extinction Rebellion types still causing trouble? Before molesting the British public any further, they should come to Bogota. Even if London's air could still be improved they should experience a place with real pollution issues.

Worst thing about leaving tonight? Colombia are away to Brazil, and we will be in the airport.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024