Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I know I’m getting carried away... 08:53 - Sep 4 with 3460 viewsunstableblue

... but if our squad can have a year together, cementing a system and ethos of play, with enough wins for promotion, then we’d go back into the Championship transformed.

And with the likes of Downes, KVY, The Wolf, Dobra, El Mizouni with a season of growing and maturing. Each worth £1m plus.

And with the likes of Bishop and Huws fit.

Some further additions and a massive buzz about the place - it would be happy days!!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

I know I’m getting carried away... on 14:00 - Sep 4 with 444 viewsVaughan8

I know I’m getting carried away... on 11:43 - Sep 4 by Herbivore

Most of those I mentioned made league appearances under MM.

Coming on in the 88th minute for a league appearance isn't really blooding the youth (which is the point) is it...….? Where are those straws...……….

Bishop was clearly talented so he played him., The others you mentioned didn't play an awful lot (in the league as you state) under Mick did they?

Nydam 8 starts 6 subs
Downes 3 starts 7 subs
Dozzell, 7 starts 2 sub
Morris, 1 start 3 sub
Folami, 2 sub
Kenlock, 29 starts 3 subs
Emmanuel, 13 starts 5 sub
Woolfie - None

Some are over 3 seasons. The only regular one is Kenlock I suppose.....

You could argue he sent some out on loan to get valuable experience, but that wasn't your argument....
I know I’m getting carried away... on 14:09 - Sep 4 with 424 viewsHerbivore

I know I’m getting carried away... on 14:00 - Sep 4 by Vaughan8

Coming on in the 88th minute for a league appearance isn't really blooding the youth (which is the point) is it...….? Where are those straws...……….

Bishop was clearly talented so he played him., The others you mentioned didn't play an awful lot (in the league as you state) under Mick did they?

Nydam 8 starts 6 subs
Downes 3 starts 7 subs
Dozzell, 7 starts 2 sub
Morris, 1 start 3 sub
Folami, 2 sub
Kenlock, 29 starts 3 subs
Emmanuel, 13 starts 5 sub
Woolfie - None

Some are over 3 seasons. The only regular one is Kenlock I suppose.....

You could argue he sent some out on loan to get valuable experience, but that wasn't your argument....

Downes, Dozzell and Nydam were 17/18 and not really ready for first team football week in and week out. They and we are benefiting now though, with them all being 20/21 and more able to manage regular football, albeit at a lower level.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I know I’m getting carried away... on 14:17 - Sep 4 with 413 viewscrossyitfc

I know I’m getting carried away... on 11:16 - Sep 4 by wrightsrightglove

I would imagine if Downes and Wolfenden carry on their current form then they'll be £10million+ players by the end of the season given the current financial climate in football. Even if we have to sell one player a year for decent money to keep building ala the Burley years then at least we're building something. Exciting times

£10m+ ? Behave.
I know I’m getting carried away... on 14:24 - Sep 4 with 408 viewsHerbivore

I know I’m getting carried away... on 14:17 - Sep 4 by crossyitfc

£10m+ ? Behave.

I don't think that's a bad shout as far as Downes is concerned. Woolfy would need to step it up to get to that kind of level imo. Some pretty mediocre players are going for that kind of money.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024