Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is being pleased that Marcus Evans is owner of our club..... 08:00 - Aug 29 with 2160 viewsFrankfurtBlue

......because he hasn't (yet) inflicted on us the woes suffered by Bury and Bolton recently similar to being pleased that the world leader is President Trump because he has't (yet) started a nuclear war?

I am being deliberately provocative, but only to make the point that Evans is similar to Trump in that he is out of his depth and, for whatever reason, continues to fail to appoint people with more experience/knowledge to help him. I am pleased that Evans hasn't (yet) taken the decision to close the club down, but that is pretty is as far as my appreciation is concerned.

His ownership of this club has to viewed as an unmitigated failure, taking us from Premiership aspirants to 3rd tier football for the fist time in 62 years. We are completely reliant on Paul Lambert, as there is nobody else at the club to question any of his decisions or oversee the running of the club.

For those who believe that his millions should be appreciated, my argument would be that he has spent the majority of that money (very) unwisely. He now appears to be out of his depth financially, and puts as little as possible into the club, but he still will not sell it.

Be pleased that we have not suffered like Bury and Bolton, but let's not paper over the cracks and pretend that everything is well at our football club.
Is being pleased that Marcus Evans is owner of our club..... on 13:32 - Aug 29 with 320 viewsGuthrum

Is being pleased that Marcus Evans is owner of our club..... on 12:43 - Aug 29 by braveblue

If he appoints the managers, sets the budget, appoints MDs and sets out the strategic plan I think it is fair to say it’s his fault!!

But he is unable to unilaterally affect the wider environment, the going rate for wages and transfers, lack of strong regulation by League and FA, the performance of managers who came with good CVs, the form/fitness of players, etc. Those things are also factors in the road the club has travelled since 2007.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Is being pleased that Marcus Evans is owner of our club..... on 13:50 - Aug 29 with 306 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Is being pleased that Marcus Evans is owner of our club..... on 12:47 - Aug 29 by Guthrum

A good manager can get that integration throughout the club just as well as a DoF. Lambert is doing that. McCarthy wasn't so bothered about the youth setup. Having extra people in the command chain can lead to friction as much as improving the organisation.

The example of Norwich is not so straightforward. Only a year ago, their fans were still protesting at stagnation and lack of funds, about the quality of the manager and the squad.

Two bits of chance good fortune turned things around: Farke hit upon a system which worked and, funded by the Maddison money, they found in Pukki a quality affordable striker who could get the goals to make it work.

We did the latter with Waghorn, but the tactics weren't right so the impact was less.

Wasn't so far back that Norwich were shambolically relegated, but then found a decent manager, a decent lower-division striker, pulled things together and charged right through to the Prem.

You can't argue with Stuart Webber's record. I would have no hesitation in taking someone like that at ITFC to give us a long term vision and an organisation to achieve it, allowing the first team manager time to concentrate on his primary role of coaching the first team players and winning football matches. Lambert on his own can only do so much. He is fighting fires (spending time working out how best to get Evans to sign a few players!) and we will see how far that approach gets us.

Does it also not matter that Evans has never appointed an experienced CEO to run the club?
Evans Syndrome on 15:06 - Aug 29 with 292 viewstabletopjoe

An interesting side effect of this situation is the football equivalent of ‘Stockholm Syndrone’, in which hostages begin to love their captors. We have ‘Evans Syndrome’, where fans will defend him more passionately in correlation to how low a division he can take us and how large an unsellable debt he can run up.

'Let the ignorant argue with themselves' -- CL

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024