Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? 19:41 - Aug 23 with 6097 viewspointofblue

The squad is quite unwieldy as it is. Possibly Josh Emmanuel? Jordan Roberts? Maybe even El Mizouni if Georgiou and Judge cover the left?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? on 09:20 - Aug 24 with 636 viewsgordon

Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? on 09:08 - Aug 24 by Naylorsboots

Agreed. Nolan has had 1 good season, 2 years ago. No way was he ever worth 1 million quid. Still looks a lightweight most of the time.

Think he could be a really effective League One midfielder at one of the smaller clubs. But in his career so far, he's had one decent season in the football League, in a massively over-performing team, by the age of 27.
Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? on 09:24 - Aug 24 with 631 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? on 09:08 - Aug 24 by Naylorsboots

Agreed. Nolan has had 1 good season, 2 years ago. No way was he ever worth 1 million quid. Still looks a lightweight most of the time.

I don't get with all the Nolan bashing. He took time to adapt to the Championship, but who wouldn't? He was our best and most consistent midfielder for 7 or 8 games up until he got injured. I thought he showed real star quality - movement, vision, passing, attacking, positional play. Like a Jim Magilton but with pace. Dreadful shame he got injured when he did.

Poll: would you rather

Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? on 09:44 - Aug 24 with 601 viewsBlueBadger

At the moment, he looks like the new Lee Martin with regards to his ITFC career.
He started out pathetic, got dropped and then scored some goals in March. the only difference at the moment is that he got injured next, rather than sent off and suspended.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? on 11:59 - Aug 24 with 543 viewsWickets

Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? on 20:41 - Aug 23 by blueislander

El Mizouni and Dobra would benefit I think, but may depend on the fitness of others. If we are doing well, and he hasn’t been a permanent fixture, I can see Judge going.

Judge going ????????????????????????
Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? on 12:15 - Aug 24 with 529 viewsagentp

Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? on 09:16 - Aug 24 by BlueBadger

We could sell them Donacien for £3M?

Much of the Donacien fee was in add-ons which he hasn't triggered yet. Apparently we are due to pay Accrington an extra 500k when he successfully crosses the ball 5 times - so i guess another 250 appearances before he triggers that.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? on 13:29 - Aug 24 with 493 viewsgordon

Surely we'll see some departures before 2nd September? on 11:59 - Aug 24 by Wickets

Judge going ????????????????????????

We've probably got 16 players easily capable of filling 4 midfield positions, albeit 3 of them are long-term injured.

Central: Huws, Skuse, Judge, Bishop, Downes, Nolan, Dozzell, Nydam, El Mizouni.

Wide: Lankester, Dobra, Rowe, Georgiou, Garbutt, Edwards, Roberts.

If we get 2 or 3 more of them off the wage bill it would be sensible - certainly Roberts has to go, and loans for 2 of Dobra, Dozzell and El Mizouni would be sensible, and then at least 1 more senior player out the door as well, unless we're still unsure of Huws long-term fitness.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024