Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The cricket 17:22 - Aug 22 with 7283 viewsHerbivore

Not going great. The conditions meant bowling was the right call for me and we've been a bit unlucky with the rain delays but the last hour or so our bowling and fielding have been poor. I think the Aussies will be pretty happy thus far.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The cricket on 13:08 - Aug 23 with 2932 viewscaught-in-limbo

Well, if there's anything good to come out of this, it's that Denly has probably concreted his position in the side.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

The cricket on 13:18 - Aug 23 with 2904 viewsvilanovablue

The cricket on 12:23 - Aug 23 by DarkHorse

Lolz. We'll do well to reach 50 at this rate.

So predictable.

The batting has been shocking, if they could practice knowing where their wicket is that would be nice. All the flailing around outside off is a nonsense!
The cricket on 13:20 - Aug 23 with 2897 viewsSaleAway

The cricket on 09:27 - Aug 23 by SaleAway

I'd be happy if we batted one whole day today.

That comment is looking rather prescient...

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

The cricket on 13:55 - Aug 23 with 2856 viewsReuser_is_God

Absolute fcuking pony.

Fcuk this.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

The cricket on 13:56 - Aug 23 with 2850 viewsshouldistayorcounago

Think that's it done now, we'll bw lucky to reach 60 - made to follow on and it'll all be done tonight, what a mess.
The cricket on 13:59 - Aug 23 with 2847 viewsReuser_is_God

The cricket on 13:56 - Aug 23 by shouldistayorcounago

Think that's it done now, we'll bw lucky to reach 60 - made to follow on and it'll all be done tonight, what a mess.

We avoided the follow on target the moment we bowled them out for 179.

Evans out

The cricket on 14:07 - Aug 23 with 2825 viewsshouldistayorcounago

The cricket on 13:59 - Aug 23 by Reuser_is_God

We avoided the follow on target the moment we bowled them out for 179.

Ahh my mistake, lucky us...
The cricket on 14:11 - Aug 23 with 2816 viewsCoastalblue

Anybody else think Root's Captaincy doesn't do much for either him as a player or the team?

Not sure what the options are, and I doubt a change would be made, but I think questions perhaps should be asked?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Login to get fewer ads

The cricket on 14:19 - Aug 23 with 2798 viewsReuser_is_God

Embarrassing. Humiliating. Abject.

Fcuk them all off. Root is a poor captain & him having the captaincy is making him a poor batsman. He's going to finish his career with a record not befitting of his ability if we don't take the captaincy off him now.

Evans out

The cricket on 14:21 - Aug 23 with 2793 viewscaught-in-limbo

The cricket on 14:11 - Aug 23 by Coastalblue

Anybody else think Root's Captaincy doesn't do much for either him as a player or the team?

Not sure what the options are, and I doubt a change would be made, but I think questions perhaps should be asked?

I think the media have some part to play in this too. It shapes the nation's psyche to the extent that even the team sometimes feels that they don't have to do much other than turn up.

The story going into the test was that we have a weapon that can take out your weapon. Archer had taken out Smith and all Root had to do this time round was give Archer the ball to skittle the others over.

So that's what Root did, and that's what Archer did... until the Aussie's had a go.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2019 14:23]

#toxic

The cricket on 14:26 - Aug 23 with 2769 viewsitfcjoe

The cricket on 08:51 - Aug 23 by gainsboroughblue

Blimey. How long has it been since we batted two whole days of a test match?

2 sessions would be a start

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The cricket on 14:26 - Aug 23 with 2769 viewsCoastalblue

The cricket on 14:21 - Aug 23 by caught-in-limbo

I think the media have some part to play in this too. It shapes the nation's psyche to the extent that even the team sometimes feels that they don't have to do much other than turn up.

The story going into the test was that we have a weapon that can take out your weapon. Archer had taken out Smith and all Root had to do this time round was give Archer the ball to skittle the others over.

So that's what Root did, and that's what Archer did... until the Aussie's had a go.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2019 14:23]

You'd like to hope that the players would be above that sort of thing, but at the moment it's Archer and Broad + 9. I could do a job as an England batsman at the moment, probably occupy the crease longer and score as many runs as half of them.

Interesting that the guy that has runs for the Aussies, aside from Smith, is someone that has being playing 4 day county matches. Maybe we should talk Sir Alistair back for the rest of the series.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

The cricket on 16:35 - Aug 23 with 2714 viewsIpswichKnight

The cricket on 14:26 - Aug 23 by Coastalblue

You'd like to hope that the players would be above that sort of thing, but at the moment it's Archer and Broad + 9. I could do a job as an England batsman at the moment, probably occupy the crease longer and score as many runs as half of them.

Interesting that the guy that has runs for the Aussies, aside from Smith, is someone that has being playing 4 day county matches. Maybe we should talk Sir Alistair back for the rest of the series.

Even in county matches teams are getting bundled out for nothing, Kent got bundled out for 40 against Essex.

Problem is we have no one in county cricket anywhere near good enough to open, we will be 10/2 against everyone at the moment.

Denly only gets a game as his best mate is Ed Smith and he's the only one who thinks he's a test match batsman.
The cricket on 18:05 - Aug 23 with 2688 viewsgainsboroughblue

England politely review a non-no ball call to give Aus a run.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

The cricket on 18:15 - Aug 23 with 2678 viewsElephantintheRoom

The cricket on 17:54 - Aug 22 by Herbivore

Thank god for Jofra Archer.

Thank Barbados - and the conveniently and highly questionable reduced qualification for a flag of convenience. God doesn't like cricket or he wouldnt let it rain so much

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

The cricket on 18:21 - Aug 23 with 2667 viewsgainsboroughblue

Our bowlers look completely done in. The consistent failures of our batting line up is the sort of thing that could speed up retirements.

The cricket on 18:29 - Aug 23 with 2659 viewsReuser_is_God

The cricket on 18:21 - Aug 23 by gainsboroughblue

Our bowlers look completely done in. The consistent failures of our batting line up is the sort of thing that could speed up retirements.

They should be sat up in the dressing room with us 250-4 right now.

I’m still furious about this morning.

Joe Root should be relieved of his duties as captain, it’s too much for him. He genuinely looks ill.

Evans out

The cricket on 18:37 - Aug 23 with 2647 viewsAce_High1

The cricket on 18:29 - Aug 23 by Reuser_is_God

Joe Root should be relieved of his duties as captain, it’s too much for him. He genuinely looks ill.

I have been saying all summer, Eoin Morgan should be made captain for next 2 years.

Let Root bat at 4 and be the best batsmen.

Morgan is a leader and tactically lightyears ahead of Root.

When Morgan played for the Test team he had a decent record, only average 30 odd but at the time everyone else KP, Trott, Cook, Bell, Strauss all average mid 40's so was dropped.

Mid 30's would be one of our better players now!
The cricket on 18:38 - Aug 23 with 2643 viewsgainsboroughblue

The cricket on 18:29 - Aug 23 by Reuser_is_God

Do you know whats p1ssing me off? The sight of the slip cordon plus root having a giggle in between balls while the bowlers toil.

The cricket on 18:48 - Aug 23 with 2632 viewsReuser_is_God

The cricket on 18:38 - Aug 23 by gainsboroughblue

Do you know whats p1ssing me off? The sight of the slip cordon plus root having a giggle in between balls while the bowlers toil.

Yes, must p1ss the bowlers off even more.

Evans out

The cricket on 19:12 - Aug 23 with 2619 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

The cricket on 18:38 - Aug 23 by gainsboroughblue

Agreed.

People like us say at home watching properly p**sed off that we're not going to be winning the Ashes after this mornings shenanigans and less than 6 hours later, the captain is laughing every 10 seconds like it doesn’t matter.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

The cricket on 19:26 - Aug 23 with 2606 viewscaught-in-limbo

The cricket on 19:12 - Aug 23 by The_Romford_Blue

Agreed.

People like us say at home watching properly p**sed off that we're not going to be winning the Ashes after this mornings shenanigans and less than 6 hours later, the captain is laughing every 10 seconds like it doesn’t matter.

I know it's a dimension of sport that I don't fully understand, but I'm trying to get my head round it...

I get that you might feel disappointed that England look like they won't be winning the Ashes, but being "properly p**sed off", is far too much emotional investment in something outside your control, surely.

I'm not trolling, just trying to understand how an individual cricket fan (as I am) can get so upset from their sofa watching at home on TV.

#toxic

The cricket on 20:32 - Aug 23 with 2577 viewsRyorry

The cricket on 09:43 - Aug 23 by Darth_Koont

Making a lot out of very little has always been yours ...

You call that a lot?

Thanks for proving my point!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The cricket on 20:42 - Aug 23 with 2572 viewsRyorry

The cricket on 13:18 - Aug 23 by vilanovablue

The batting has been shocking, if they could practice knowing where their wicket is that would be nice. All the flailing around outside off is a nonsense!

Comment made on TMS (by Vaughan? or possibly Boycs, can't remember) that when batting the morning session at Headingley, no-one should be driving or trying to play extravagant strokes, simply play it safe and wait till after lunch. You'd think Root of all people would realise that.

The shot Stokes was playing to get out was just too horrible for words.

Most fun of the day was probably Jofra rescuing a beach ball for the fans from a steward's grasp!

The cricket on 21:21 - Aug 23 with 2556 viewsRyorry

The cricket on 19:43 - Aug 22 by gainsboroughblue

Looked like the bowl first decision was backfiring horribly for a while there.

We should....should have the best of the weather now to build a commanding lead.

I do not want to switch TMS on tomorrow lunchtime to find we are 50-4 in perfect batting conditions.

I'd say you have now been proven "not guilty", & may return to this forum during future Test matches without a stain on your character!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024