Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This won't be popular - the fans (collectively) were poor tonight 22:22 - Aug 20 with 3839 viewsJ2BLUE

I'm not talking about the lack of vocal support from the SBR lower although I did find it interesting that it suddenly occurred to me around the hour mark that I didn't remember them singing at all.

I'm talking about the impatience of fans all around the ground when the defence dared pass it between themselves more than twice. I realise it's frustrating not going forward, especially at 0-1 but all this did was make the player with the ball panic and lump it forward. This was especially noticeable with Kenlock and Donacien who seemed to get about half a second on the ball before the fans laid into them. I realise not everyone does it but enough do for it to be a noticeable trend. What does it achieve other than a return to aimless long balls which people dislike?

We have some young players, some new players and have started the season well. I can't see why people are so quick to get on the players' backs. Is it because it was Wimbledon and people expected us to just walk over them?

Just an observation. I'm far from a super fan but I just don't see the logic in what was happening.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

This won't be popular - the fans (collectively) were poor tonight on 23:20 - Aug 20 with 748 viewsflimflam

This won't be popular - the fans (collectively) were poor tonight on 22:33 - Aug 20 by textbackup

Mick Mills commented it was an amazing atmosphere..... I really didn't think it was at all

We were out sung by 600 away fans for 60 minutes. Thought their support was fantastic and looked like they were having a party up in the rafters.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

This won't be popular - the fans (collectively) were poor tonight on 23:20 - Aug 20 with 746 viewsBluefish

Count how many times you have slated me for similar posts

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

This won't be popular - the fans (collectively) were poor tonight on 23:24 - Aug 20 with 728 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

This won't be popular - the fans (collectively) were poor tonight on 23:20 - Aug 20 by Bluefish

J2s post is not in any way similar to your petty digs at our support that you post on a weekly basis.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

This won't be popular - the fans (collectively) were poor tonight on 23:36 - Aug 20 with 690 viewsJ2BLUE

This won't be popular - the fans (collectively) were poor tonight on 23:20 - Aug 20 by Bluefish

I don't think you've ever posted anything similar

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

This won't be popular - the fans (collectively) were poor tonight on 00:06 - Aug 21 with 646 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

MoM....the North stand for winning that corner.....how did that happen?!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

This won't be popular - the fans (collectively) were poor tonight on 00:15 - Aug 21 with 632 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Sir Bobby complained that it is always the team that has to get the fans going rather than the other way round, didn't he? It is still the case. You see some sides where the fans get the atmosphere going and the team thrives off it. That is rare with us.

Donacien (and, to a lesser degree, Kenlock) were not up to it tonight. Both tried their best but weren't good enough. Aside from fans getting on their backs not helping, it was crying out for a leader on the pitch (Skuse/Wilson/someone) to go over to them and say, "look, you need to concentrate on the simple things, stop trying so hard to make things happen and just play the short, simple ball or put it in touch if there isn't one on". Holy tried to encourage Donacien at one point but I didn't see Skuse or Wilson say anything to either of them.

A fan near me even said please show Donacien a red for his lunge that earnt him the yellow after one bad mistake. I kind of understood his frustration but really?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

This won't be popular - the fans (collectively) were poor tonight on 00:25 - Aug 21 with 611 viewspointofblue

This won't be popular - the fans (collectively) were poor tonight on 00:06 - Aug 21 by BanksterDebtSlave

MoM....the North stand for winning that corner.....how did that happen?!

It never went but makes up for that weak free kick which led to Peterborough's equaliser at the weekend. We had to defend that and failed; they had to defend the corner and...

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024