Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No excuses - has to be top 2 14:38 - Aug 20 with 4549 viewsHerbivore

Those last few pieces of the jigsaw are now in place. It'll be tough but if we miss out on promotion this season it will be a failure.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

No excuses - has to be top 2 on 16:31 - Aug 20 with 714 viewsNazemariner

No excuses - has to be top 2 on 16:12 - Aug 20 by davblue

Take the blue tinted glasses off.

We won 4 or 5 games last season, a squad full of loans players, 3 different managers 6 months.

We were a mess.

Bury are a mess. Bolton are a mess. We are far from a mess.
No excuses - has to be top 2 on 18:15 - Aug 20 with 638 viewsFixed_It

No excuses - has to be top 2 on 16:31 - Aug 20 by Nazemariner

Bury are a mess. Bolton are a mess. We are far from a mess.

Quite. But some don't like to hear that.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

No excuses - has to be top 2 on 20:30 - Aug 20 with 623 viewsSwansea_Blue

No excuses - has to be top 2 on 15:20 - Aug 20 by Nazemariner

The club was not, and never has been, a mess. We are a well run club, it's just the team team that went a bit sh1tty.

Nothing less than top 6 is acceptable with the squad we have now.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2019 15:22]

Define “well run”.

Is that in footballing terms, which seems contrary to our wasteful turnover of players at a loss and decadal stagnation ending in relegation to a level we haven’t been at for ~60 yrs?

Or in financial terms, which seems contrary to our year on year losses and record levels of debt?

I’m struggling with this one, as we’ve had example after example of mistakes being made. The only positives often cited are that we’ve not gone to the wall. Which seems like a fairly low benchmark to me.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

No excuses - has to be top 2 on 20:35 - Aug 20 with 589 viewshaynes_toe1

If we dont get top 2 it would be a massive failure on Lamberts part.
No excuses - has to be top 2 on 21:06 - Aug 20 with 539 viewsthegloryyears

No excuses - has to be top 2 on 16:29 - Aug 20 by RegencyBlue

Complete and utter rubbish!

On and off the pitch this club has been badly run by a clueless owner who thought he saw an opportunity to make a fast buck, when he first bought us, and who, when that plan blew up in his face, hasnt had a clue what to do since!

Lambert is doing his best to get us back on an even keel but twelve years of damage isnt going to be rectified overnight. Promotion back to the Championship this season is certainly the best outcome because if we do not achieve it I fear we could be in this League for some time. No guarantees though, however strong we think the squad is, as Sunderland found to their cost last season.

Complete and utter rubbish!

'On and off the pitch this club has been badly run by a clueless owner who thought he saw an opportunity to make a fast buck, when he first bought us, and who, when that plan blew up in his face, hasnt had a clue what to do since!

Lambert is doing his best to get us back on an even keel but twelve years of damage isnt going to be rectified overnight. Promotion back to the Championship this season is certainly the best outcome because if we do not achieve it I fear we could be in this League for some time. No guarantees though, however strong we think the squad is, as Sunderland found to their cost last season.'

Completely agree - In Football momentum is everything - we are trying to turn around years of going backwards whilst teams like Lincoln are on an upwards trajectory with fresh young managers - are there players technically better than ours - probably not but their club is in a much better place all around...

we're Doomed - Doomed....
No excuses - has to be top 2 on 07:53 - Aug 21 with 452 viewsHerbivore

No excuses - has to be top 2 on 16:21 - Aug 20 by davblue

Cool.

We will see, I think you have overrated some of our players, Peterborough looked much more threatening than us going forward.

Theres still question Mark's over some of our players and you are assuming every single new signing will be a hit which rarely happens.

We have a young group of players in the main, and the expectation on them for a top 2 finish, I fear will be too much if supporters peddle that line.

The performances I've seen so far have looked anything but top 2 but it's still early days in terms of confidence.

I hope you are right, but I would be surprised.

Peterborough are one of the best sides in the division and despite us not playing well we drew with them at their ground and missed a penalty in the process. I don't see the Peterbrough game as good evidence that we won't make the top 2. Our squad, on paper at least, should be plenty good enough to win automatic promotion. If we don't it's on the manager.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024