Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mcgoldrick 14:11 - Aug 18 with 8464 viewsJimmy86

Still smell a rat regarding Didz!! A player who was injured the majority of his time whilst at the club, is then released, joins Sheffield United and goes the whole season without any injuries at all, coincidence? Or was there more to it? Always seemed so physically fragile...
Mcgoldrick on 10:42 - Aug 19 with 733 viewschicoazul

Mcgoldrick on 16:26 - Aug 18 by braveblue

No place for a player like Didz with the type of football MM prefers.

He has been taken care of and plays as a striker with decent supply. Shows you how poorly we have been run.

And yet Mick signed him, and played him all the time as first choice whe he was fit. Weird eh?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Mcgoldrick on 10:42 - Aug 19 with 730 viewsrosseden

Mcgoldrick on 10:39 - Aug 19 by chicoazul

HE didn't have a commute! He lived in Ipswich when he was here.

he may have had a flat there, but he definitely 'lived' in Nottingham, just off J25 of the M1

Poll: can the majority of twtd users count?
Blog: [Blog] To Deal or Not to Deal, That is the Question?

Mcgoldrick on 10:44 - Aug 19 with 726 viewsSteve_M

Mcgoldrick on 10:31 - Aug 19 by BlueBlood90

I can't believe people say that he was injured because he used to drive a long distance from Nottingham hahaha I drive similar distances every week, if not further, and I have NEVER been injured from being sat on my backside driving a car.

He just couldn't be bothered to play for a mid table team. Thought he was too good for it.

"I drive similar distances every week, if not further, and I have NEVER been injured from being sat on my backside driving a car."

Are you a professional sportsman then?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Mcgoldrick on 10:46 - Aug 19 with 718 viewschicoazul

Mcgoldrick on 10:42 - Aug 19 by rosseden

he may have had a flat there, but he definitely 'lived' in Nottingham, just off J25 of the M1

Yes, that is his family home, but he spent most of his time down here and if we played in the midlands or up north he would go home then drive back to Ipswich Monday morning or whatever for training. Lived in a flat at the marina.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Mcgoldrick on 10:47 - Aug 19 with 714 viewschicoazul

Mcgoldrick on 10:44 - Aug 19 by Steve_M

"I drive similar distances every week, if not further, and I have NEVER been injured from being sat on my backside driving a car."

No come on be fair, being a taxi driver who plays darts in a league every Thursday night is exactly the same as being a professional footballer.

Mcgoldrick on 10:49 - Aug 19 with 707 viewsrosseden

Mcgoldrick on 10:46 - Aug 19 by chicoazul

Yes, that is his family home, but he spent most of his time down here and if we played in the midlands or up north he would go home then drive back to Ipswich Monday morning or whatever for training. Lived in a flat at the marina.

i wonder how much time he spent there / here, i guess we will never actually know

Mcgoldrick on 10:50 - Aug 19 with 706 viewschicoazul

Mcgoldrick on 10:49 - Aug 19 by rosseden

i wonder how much time he spent there / here, i guess we will never actually know

Believe it or not Mick was not an idiot and no way would he have any player let alone our best one drive 6 hours a day.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 10:51]

Mcgoldrick on 10:55 - Aug 19 with 694 viewsrosseden

Mcgoldrick on 10:50 - Aug 19 by chicoazul

Believe it or not Mick was not an idiot and no way would he have any player let alone our best one drive 6 hours a day.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 10:51]

i knew he wasnt driving every day, but used to see his car about up here quite a bit. i will ask him when i next see him in the Co-Op! he always stops to say hello if you engage with him, hes a really nice guy tbf, very humble etc, not what you expect at all

Login to get fewer ads

Mcgoldrick on 10:57 - Aug 19 with 689 viewschicoazul

Mcgoldrick on 10:55 - Aug 19 by rosseden

i knew he wasnt driving every day, but used to see his car about up here quite a bit. i will ask him when i next see him in the Co-Op! he always stops to say hello if you engage with him, hes a really nice guy tbf, very humble etc, not what you expect at all

I wouldnt expect anything else, most footballers are good blokes in general especially older ones with kids who have been around the block a bit.

Mcgoldrick on 10:58 - Aug 19 with 689 viewsPhilTWTD

Mcgoldrick on 14:28 - Aug 18 by Guthrum

He only played practically the whole game (85+ minutes) in half the fixtures last season. Sometimes he was doing 45 minutes or even less. So perhaps being used more carefully than we did/were able to.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2019 14:29]

I think that and the reduction in travelling are key. Was very noticable last season that McG would play 60-ish on the Saturday, then was often a sub in midweek. Mick did tend to start him every game and usually for the full 90 minutes.
Mcgoldrick on 11:01 - Aug 19 with 682 viewsrosseden

Mcgoldrick on 10:57 - Aug 19 by chicoazul

I wouldnt expect anything else, most footballers are good blokes in general especially older ones with kids who have been around the block a bit.

yeah, tbf i also know of a lot of the lads he used to knock about with when he was younger, theyre not the most pleasant bunch. I kinda expected him to be a bit like that when i first spoke to him, but far from it, his kids are all very pleasant too, but his mrs wears the trousers!

Mcgoldrick on 11:33 - Aug 19 with 670 viewsBerlinBlue

Mcgoldrick on 10:31 - Aug 19 by BlueBlood90

I can't believe people say that he was injured because he used to drive a long distance from Nottingham hahaha I drive similar distances every week, if not further, and I have NEVER been injured from being sat on my backside driving a car.

He just couldn't be bothered to play for a mid table team. Thought he was too good for it.

Regularly sitting in a car driving for hours undoubtedly takes a toll on the body of a professional sportsperson.
Your comment shows remarkable short-sightedness.
Mcgoldrick on 14:27 - Aug 19 with 629 viewsBlueBlood90

Mcgoldrick on 10:44 - Aug 19 by Steve_M

How does this make sense? Are footballers legs made out of Weetabix or something different to mine then?

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Mcgoldrick on 14:28 - Aug 19 with 626 viewsBlueBlood90

Mcgoldrick on 11:33 - Aug 19 by BerlinBlue

Regularly sitting in a car driving for hours undoubtedly takes a toll on the body of a professional sportsperson.
Your comment shows remarkable short-sightedness.

What a load of rubbish!

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024