Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Still believe in you Teddy. 21:02 - Jul 18 with 4580 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Played 20 times last season and only just 23. I'm not writing him off. has a chance still to make a big impact this season. Clearly one of our best players. 3 Months is not a long time and will be a boost when he returns. The town 'fans' medical experts demanding his release are a bit pathetic tbh.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Still believe in you Teddy. on 19:22 - Jul 19 with 368 viewsbraveblue

Still believe in you Teddy. on 17:18 - Jul 19 by Terry_Nutkins

I'll happily retract 'moronic' if offense taken (not intended). Not sure it warrants a 'grow up' but retracted none the less. Replace with a bit silly. I think you can replace your "we all know" with "in my opinion" in return. (Puts his hand out to shake hands).

Agreed.
Still believe in you Teddy. on 20:29 - Jul 19 with 345 viewsPositivelyPortman

Still believe in you Teddy. on 11:55 - Jul 19 by Terry_Nutkins

Why would you look at his average? That would be a moronic way to assess whether he can come back or not given his age. He's just turned 23 and had a long spell out. of course his average games is low. That's just pointing out the obvious. You would need to look at whether he has strung games together in a season when not injured. Yes before injury (37) and jury out after at 20 games. He could still play 30+ games for us this season (equally, for balance he could break down and play a handful). I'm going to back him and hope he can do the former.

Having a concern about his fitness is fine but we the fans have no real way of knowing whether he is anything more than unlucky. picking example from my list above. After playing one full season for Inter Milan when about 19 i think, Ronaldo (Brazil) went on to play 28, 8, 0 ,16 (avg 13) in his next 4 seasons. Guess what, he wasn't finished. 44, 48 45, 27 next 4 seasons. Won everything after that. He did get fat later though...

*note: Bish won't have Ronaldo's career :(

Nutkins - are you his Daddy?
He’s not a child anymore.
Rooney and plenty of others had been playing consistently for 5 or 6 years at 23 years of age ffs.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Still believe in you Teddy. on 20:36 - Jul 19 with 337 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Still believe in you Teddy. on 20:29 - Jul 19 by PositivelyPortman

Nutkins - are you his Daddy?
He’s not a child anymore.
Rooney and plenty of others had been playing consistently for 5 or 6 years at 23 years of age ffs.

No i'm not. No he's not a child. He's just turned 23 so is a young player who has had a couple of injuries.

You won't find an argument from me that some players have been injured less than Bishop at the same age. Yes i agree with your statement of fact.

I pretty much agree with everything you have just said there. I'm not totally sure of the point you are making.

Still believe in you Teddy. on 20:39 - Jul 19 with 338 viewsgordon

Think it's reasonable to ask questions about the physical conditioning work that we do with our players, given the last few years.

A torn hamstring (Nsiala) in a first game of pre-season should be pretty unlikely to happen - in February when players have been playing 2 games a week on heavy pitches, picking up a few niggles here and there, then more serious injuries are going to occur, fair enough.

But fresh legs, and no pressure, on the back of a good few weeks on the training pitch with the sole objective of getting ready for the season, something isn't quite right if players are breaking down.

It's also the case that joint / ligament /tendon injuries become more likely with tighter, more powerful muscles - it feels like we might be getting the balance of the physical work we're doing wrong, which is contributing to the type of injuries we get.

Obviously I've no inside knowledge and accept the criticism that our physio ought to know more about this than some bloke off the internet, and maybe it is all just bad luck, but I could imagine that moving to a different club, with a different training regime, with more focus on flexibility and agility might help someone like Bishop.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2019 20:40]
Still believe in you Teddy. on 20:47 - Jul 19 with 332 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Still believe in you Teddy. on 20:39 - Jul 19 by gordon

Think it's reasonable to ask questions about the physical conditioning work that we do with our players, given the last few years.

A torn hamstring (Nsiala) in a first game of pre-season should be pretty unlikely to happen - in February when players have been playing 2 games a week on heavy pitches, picking up a few niggles here and there, then more serious injuries are going to occur, fair enough.

But fresh legs, and no pressure, on the back of a good few weeks on the training pitch with the sole objective of getting ready for the season, something isn't quite right if players are breaking down.

It's also the case that joint / ligament /tendon injuries become more likely with tighter, more powerful muscles - it feels like we might be getting the balance of the physical work we're doing wrong, which is contributing to the type of injuries we get.

Obviously I've no inside knowledge and accept the criticism that our physio ought to know more about this than some bloke off the internet, and maybe it is all just bad luck, but I could imagine that moving to a different club, with a different training regime, with more focus on flexibility and agility might help someone like Bishop.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2019 20:40]

I agree with to a degree based on the sheer amount of injuries. Funnily enough i remember Hurst talking about the sports science they would be bringing and addressing the injuries and then it basically got worse.

The strange thing is the types of injury being more the type that are unavoidable i.e a load of cruciate and twist/contact type injuries.

I suffered two bad knee injuries when i was younger and whilst not the cause i made massive progress later down the line after stopping playing 5 aside on hard pitches. I can only imagine our training pitches and artificial pitches are a of a very good level though. Must have been looked at.

I think Byard has a good rep but he must be pulling his hair out.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024