Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When the fun stops, stop. 09:15 - Jul 2 with 4747 viewsBlueBadger

https://www.kentlive.news/news/kent-news/folkestone-mum-furious-after-spending-3

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

When the fun stops, stop. on 17:49 - Jul 2 with 555 viewsStokieBlue

When the fun stops, stop. on 16:57 - Jul 2 by SouperJim

While the story is amusing and this particular individual at best is rather challenged in the common sense department, it does raise a legitimate question. My eldest loves playing these and I'm sure most of us at some point or other have observed how it is physically impossible for the grabber to transport the toy in most of these machines. Hardly seems fair does it? Surely there should be some kind of fixed odds on winning?

I always make her put 20p in for a single go and see how grabby the grabber is/heavy the toys are first. Only stick a quid in if it looks remotely possible.

I thought they were fixed odds and that the "grabbing power" increased after it had taken a certain amount of money.

This would seem to be backed up by the story that the attendant flipped something inside and she won immediately.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

When the fun stops, stop. on 17:59 - Jul 2 with 543 viewseireblue

When the fun stops, stop. on 16:57 - Jul 2 by SouperJim

While the story is amusing and this particular individual at best is rather challenged in the common sense department, it does raise a legitimate question. My eldest loves playing these and I'm sure most of us at some point or other have observed how it is physically impossible for the grabber to transport the toy in most of these machines. Hardly seems fair does it? Surely there should be some kind of fixed odds on winning?

I always make her put 20p in for a single go and see how grabby the grabber is/heavy the toys are first. Only stick a quid in if it looks remotely possible.

Hmmmm, so would you call that a system to try and beat the house?
When the fun stops, stop. on 05:29 - Jul 4 with 488 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I’ve been there on a football tour many years ago!

We used to play the Deal Or No Deal arcade game. For a quid, it was really easy to win the top prize (£6) and I think over the 4 days we were there, our whole team had played it at least 10 times each. TWTD.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024